It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overzealous Anti-Christians

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I do not try to convert Christians to my faith. I only desire that they would offer me the same consideration.

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." Mahatma Gandhi

[edit on 24-12-2009 by metamagic]

[edit on 24-12-2009 by metamagic]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Eric D, more whining when the obvious is revealed. Blindness to the obvious deserves no further responses. In addition, this topic has been answered several times here on the board, do you not read? How many times must this question become another new thread? There has been so much rational responses to all of these question already. Open your eyes and utilize the words of reason and inteligence all among you here on these boards.

EDIT: to address my reply to a blind member.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by pplrnuts]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
being a Christian has its benefits. for example i heard a guy was let go without any search when the snoop dogs found a well worn Bible in his car at the customs. i think i`ll get me one.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by pplrnuts
Eric D, more whining when the obvious is revealed. Blindness to the obvious deserves no further responses. In addition, this topic has been answered several times here on the board, do you not read? How many times must this question become another new thread? There has been so much rational responses to all of these question already. Open your eyes and utilize the words of reason and inteligence all among you here on these boards.
[edit on 24-12-2009 by pplrnuts]

Have you started in on the egg nog a bit early?

I made no claims about the validity of religion, I offered no opinions about the merits of proselytizing. So what 'obviousness' has been revealed? What questions have I offered that have been answered?

I'll break it down for you so it's easy to understand. Ready? Here we go!

You lump all people of one persuasion together in your binary ideology of 'bad'. That is stupid. You offer the exception as the rule. That's stupider (or at least, just as stupid).

See! That wasn't so hard. I knew you could get it.

Merry Christmas, pplrnuts!

Eric

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
This is getting a bit redundent, isn't it. We've had like a million(hyperbole) of these threads already. To those who are irritated by the trespassers try this. I keep a large collection of Jack Chick tracts and hand them out to whoever comes by. Mormons and Jehovahs run screaming. I guess they don't understand common courtesy.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
It's probably because Christians are self-righteous hypocrites how think they are better than everyone else. I used to go to a Baptist church. I'd never ever go to another Baptist church ever again. They are the worst people you can come across. Such phonies and full of BS.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by factbeforefiction

From your OP, it sounds like you interpret people stating that Jesus wasn't born on Dec. 25 as "bashing Christians"... That's being a little sensitive, isn't it? I am involved in religious discussions and disagree with people, but I don't "bash Christians". Pointing out that Dec. 25 is a random date is not a bash.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

From your OP, it sounds like you interpret people stating that Jesus wasn't born on Dec. 25 as "bashing Christians"... That's being a little sensitive, isn't it? I am involved in religious discussions and disagree with people, but I don't "bash Christians". Pointing out that Dec. 25 is a random date is not a bash.

Saturnalia and birth of Mitra lol. The Catholic Church couldn't stamp out pagan holidays so they revamped them with Saint Days, etc.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Merry ChristMASS

Doing midnight mass.

PEACE

Slay

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   

if you want to be left in peace, why do you start a thread insulting people who disagree with your beliefs? Should they all have to shut up when Christians like you never do?

Your pos t just adds to the stinking mound of religious hypocrisy on this forum. The devil must love you. It's this sort of thing that turns rational people into atheists.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
As an atheist I do feel a little sorry for the Christians who have seen Christmas Hijacked by Mass consumerism. Maybe how the pagans felt when they saw their winter festival hijacked by Christianity.

Just try and enjoy the day thest you know how. I imagine all good Christians will be out feeding and helping the poor, while us atheists will be sat round a table wearing silly hats, eating turkey and drinking champagne.

In all honesty I find Christmas quite a sickening time. Yesterday, shoppers spent a million pounds a minute in UK shops, only to have a break at christmas day (only because the shops are closed) still the sales start at 7am in the morning boxing day, so be up early for that half price sofa you dont need.

Bah Humbug

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Live and let live that's how I roll.

However I will also defend to the end.

Good thread. SnF

Merry Christmas!!!

Happy New year!!

[edit on 25-12-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinFoilHatMan55
It's probably because Christians are self-righteous hypocrites how think they are better than everyone else. I used to go to a Baptist church. I'd never ever go to another Baptist church ever again. They are the worst people you can come across. Such phonies and full of BS.

LOL!! So true! There are sects that dance around with poisonous snakes and drink strychnine because they believe that gawd will not let them die. But APPARENTLY he will let them suffer brain and neurological damage from being poisoned once a bloody week!

They gulp the poison, let the snakes bite them, and then they walk sideways with half their face paralyzed and speak with the slur of a drunkard when they insist that it doesn't affect them!

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   

That's kind of like saying there can be overzealous firefighters. Defeating religious ignorance and freeing the minds of those cocooned beneath these ancient erroneous belief systems is very important to our advancement as a species. If we can't learn to set religion aside, to keep the spiritual elements while discarding the fairy-tales (stop taking it literally) than our species is doomed to be warring against itself forever.

Also, how else is a religion supposed to grow and survive if it is not criticized? If people do not question their beliefs how do they know they are true? For any progression to take place there must be people pointing out the flaws in the belief system. Instead, when someone comes along and points out the flaws of Christianity, Christians merely harden their hearts and believe harder. This continual hardening of hearts happens on both sides of the aisle and THAT is why there are "overzealous" anti-Christians.

So while some elements of Christianity do adapt and evolve (ie some have even embraced evolution) others grow more and more entrenched in the baseless beliefs (ie homosexuals go to hell, Earth is 6000) that make logic or science minded people confused.

It's an Equal and Opposite reaction. I find it rather funny that some atheists are actually mirror copies of the Christians they look down upon. I find the reverse funny as well, that some Christians look down upon atheists for believing simple scientific truth (evolution, an old Earth) while they believe in an ancient book of fairytales far more illogical than any science text book...

I still think as a species we need to leave most of these belief systems behind. They've stopped being helpful. Sure when mankind was young we needed religion to get us moving, it filled a void that science later occupied but also taught us how to live. Now we can take what we've learned and love each other without needing to believe invisible beings in the sky told us to and maybe we can get something done for once on this planet

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
LOL, Atheists should stop forcing their beliefs on others??? Really? Wow, I don't know if you're trying to be ironic or by some genetic defect you actually mean it.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris_Caine
LOL, Atheists should stop forcing their beliefs on others??? Really? Wow, I don't know if you're trying to be ironic or by some genetic defect you actually mean it.

As an atheist I know that we don't have any "beliefs" to shove down anyone's throats, lol.
You'd think christians would understand such a simple concept, but it eludes them.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dookie Master
Peace and love and tolerance do not sell.

Just want to point out that Jesus preached peace and love but not tolerance of other religions. He didn't teach violence against people of other religions, but he definitely didn't teach tolerance.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angus123

Originally posted by Osiris_Caine

As an atheist I know that we don't have any "beliefs" to shove down anyone's throats, lol.
You'd think christians would understand such a simple concept, but it eludes them.

It eludes most of them. Some of us understand it. Not many though.
To be honest, I used to do the shoving. But it was pointed out to me that I didn't know what the "hell" I was talking about. I cringe when I think of some of the things I've said.

Now that I have more knowledge, I find it easier to talk to atheists and wiccans than I do with the vast majority of christians. For some odd reason... I have a tendency to piss them off. They think they know what they are talking about. When its shown to them that they don't have a clue, then you see their dark side. There is genuine hate there. I suppose cognitive dissonance is rather painful.

They're immature and arrogant. That is why they do it. They are little students that think they can teach the teachers. THey have no business teaching anyone anything.

[edit on 25/12/09 by PSUSA]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Chainmaker

Just another point to make then; Jesus didn't write the Bible. The people who did decided to twist many topics to their own means. In the context of the original writings, if tolerance of other religions was taught, then the new religion of Christianity may never have taken hold. Then once Bibles were printed many new spins were added, some things were removed. An example is the difference between Protestant and Catholic Bibles.

History tells us to be wary of anything that is so contradictory. Take the good, leave the bad.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

There seem to be quite a few people here who would rather climb a tree to bash Christianity than stand on the ground and let people have their own beliefs in peace

Everywhere I go in the world there are Christians who would rather climb a tree to force their beliefs on others than stand on the ground and let people have their own beliefs in peace.

I mean really, c'mon. I have never met someone and went on and on about my lack of belief to anyone. Especially those who don't want to hear it. I have never met a Christian that will accept my lack of belief. Why would I extend the courtesy to them?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join