It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overzealous Anti-Christians

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
There seem to be quite a few people here who would rather climb a tree to bash Christianity than stand on the ground and let people have their own beliefs in peace. Christmas for Christians is the celebration of the birth of Christ. It doesn't matter if the exact date is accurate or if it coincides with a solstice or any of that other stuff that anti-Christians like to spit every chance they get, we don't care, Christians don't care because to us Christmas is about the celebration of the birth of Christ, the NOEL, an that is all.

All of you who feel a need to annoy Christians like some barking little Chihuahua dog every chance you get, I would like to ask of you just two things. One, leave us be in peace with our beliefs as we will leave you be in peace with your beliefs. And Two, if you still feel the need to mock and annoy somebody based on religion, go after the Muslims for a change and put down your real names and addresses too.

Merry Christmas

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by factbeforefiction

Yep too right, why do people have it in for the christian beliefs?

Also why do christians have to be labeled right wing. We all have right and left issues.

Also it is funny how people rubbish the bible then go channeling or spirit worshiping, lol.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I wish Christians would let me have my own belief in piece, it would be a lot easier.

Not all Christians are like that, but most are.

I never say anything bad about there religion, but when they ask me what I believe in, expecting what they want to hear, and they hear my beliefs, they start bashing me.

I think Christians have more of the problem of bashing non-religious people.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Have your christmas, your hannakuh, your quonza, make your hajj or whatever. I have no problems of other peoples faiths.

But who is it that knocks on my door on regular basis to shove their crap, doom and gloom down my throat? Yup, you guessed it. Fanatical christians. Leave me alone in my own beliefs. Your beliefs are antiquated and based on fear.

It is no wonder people do not tolerate christianity. You are the second most hateful group of sky god worshippers next to the muslims. Go away.

CX

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by factbeforefiction
One, leave us be in peace with our beliefs as we will leave you be in peace with your beliefs.

Merry Christmas

Thats the problem though, not all Christians do just leave it.

There are two sides of the coin with this one. I have experienced several incidents of local church-goers in my village recently talking down to me because i said i do not go to church.

I was raised a Christian, went to church regularly as a kid and went to a C of E school, but the actions of many members of my parish who go to church on a Sunday and claim to be holier than thou have, to be quite honest, disgusted me.

Nobody is perfect, and you could write a book about my sins lol, but i know for a fact that i can be good person without going to church. The hypocracy of many many church goers has turned me off the place, and the religion.

I do not need someone preaching to me about why i do not go to church every Sunday if i feel i do not want to.

I never knock anyones beliefs or religion, if it brings them peace then fair play to them. I will discuss it nicely and with interest with anyone. Some people act like they are holier than thou though if they go to church and you don't. I do not need people telling me why i should be follwing a certain religion, if i am quite happy looking after my life the way i do.

I couldn't care less if people believe in God, fairies or whatever, as you say, leave everyone to it.

That goes for both sides.

I mean no offence to you factbeforefiction by the way, i'm just reacting to my recent experience of the other side of the coin.

Merry Christmas to you and your too. Thanks.

CX.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I believe that it's worth noting that (in my case at least), the rancor and lack of civility often seen on CiR is not an accurate reflection of the real world.

I don't know if it's where I'm from (a suburb of NY), but I've known many atheists and a great deal of agnostics. A few have been voluble about their beliefs but almost none have been antagonistic or 'preachy'.

I've also had very few overly aggressive Christians proselytizing at me. There have certainly been fringe groups, especially in Manhattan, but in general if I say that I'm not interested, they have wished me a nice day and moved along.

Although the majority of my time has been spent in NY, I've lived in other parts of the country and I've traveled to almost every state. My experiences are pretty much the same everywhere. I think this eagerness to draw lines in the sand and invite verbal fisticuffs is much more pronounced on the internet and isn't truly representative.

Regardless, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Eric

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by brilab45
Have your christmas, your hannakuh, your quonza, make your hajj or whatever. I have no problems of other peoples faiths.

But who is it that knocks on my door on regular basis to shove their crap, doom and gloom down my throat? Yup, you guessed it. Fanatical christians.

They weren't by any chance carrying a copy of [Watchtower] Were they?

I tell everybody who tries to push their version of religion on me no matter which one it is to

Get off my lawn!

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Also it is funny how people rubbish the bible then go channeling or spirit worshiping, lol.

And you think that's a coincidence...?

EDIT to add: I know you probably don't think it is a coincidence, it's obvious from your post. Just wanted to reaffirm the point.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by Ethereal Gargoyle]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Most of us Christians are just live and let live kind of people who don't knock on doors and do the things that annoy non Christians, and to tell you the truth, many of these door knockers annoy us too.

Live and let live I say, and let's not forget - some of the greatest Christians throughout history, half of the Saints, have all been converts. From Constantine, to Paul the apostle, to Charlemaign the founder of the Holy Roman Empire. Hell even Jesus himself was a convert from Judaism.

Live and let live, and even if you're not a Christian, have a Merry Christmas anyway, it's a fun time of year.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by brilab45

But who is it that knocks on my door on regular basis to shove their crap, doom and gloom down my throat? Yup, you guessed it. Fanatical christians.

They weren't by any chance carrying a copy of [Watchtower] Were they?

I tell everybody who tries to push their version of religion on me no matter which one it is to

Get off my lawn!

I live in Bible central. I could build a watchtower with all the recruitment material thrown on my porch.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by factbeforefiction

Well said.
Oh, and a merry Christmas to you..

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

How do you know what they are expecting to hear? Maybe it's you expecting them to expect something? (And I am not bashing you.
)

But I totally agree there are many unworthy Christians, as there are many unworthy non-Christians (except many of these don't have the imperative of loving all people hanging over their heads, so that's one excuse less for a Christian - which I am too, BTW).

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ethereal Gargoyle
reply to post by Phlynx

How do you know what they are expecting to hear? Maybe it's you expecting them to expect something? (And I am not bashing you.
)

But I totally agree there are many unworthy Christians, as there are many unworthy non-Christians (except many of these don't have the imperative of loving all people hanging over their heads, so that's one excuse less for a Christian - which I am too, BTW).

They ask me what I believe, and usually the are expecting me to say I am Christian or whatever... and when I say I believe in evolution they aren't to happy. If people ask a question, I am assuming they want an answer, even if it goes against there views. I never go out of the way to tell them my beliefs, but when they ask, I tell them. It's not what they want to here, I can tell you that.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Those of your beliefs want to be left in peace, but yet refuse to offer peace to those that have different beliefs here and all around you. You consider opposing views to be unnecessary "attacks" but it is your posts and questions that initiate the debates and arguments in the first place. You then cry that everyone is persecuting you and your cult when intelligent and rational responses are giving to your questions. Stupid hypocrites.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Oh, I believe you.....
But it's funny so many so-called Christians would be against evolution and such concepts. Maybe it's an American phenomenon? (Again, not bashing anyone!
) I've met priests who have no quandaries about it; they believe in evolution and don't see it contrary to the teachings of the Bible. Not everyone takes the Old Testament literally, you know.

I'd say those people would have big problems in *any* ideology different from what they think is true!

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by pplrnuts
Those of your beliefs want to be left in peace, but yet refuse to offer peace to those that have different beliefs here and all around you. You consider opposing views to be unnecessary "attacks" but it is your posts and questions that initiate the debates and arguments in the first place. You then cry that everyone is persecuting you and your cult when intelligent and rational responses are giving to your questions.

(I have removed the last part of the quote for reasons of decency.)

That's simply not true and I won't be silent when I see untruths being spread.
Isn't it funny, having lived among Christians all my life and I haven't met one that was anything like you describe? Or is *my* personal experience not quite as valid as your personal experience?

People who mistreat other people do not have the right to call themelves Christians. But it's not surely not Christianity what has made them be like that. They would be like that under any circumstances. Just rotten apples, I guess.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Ethereal Gargoyle untrue, you say? Do you say this with a straight face? Blindness to reality runs rampant in such silly beliefs and cults of such, so your lack of sight in the obvious doesn't surprise me in the least.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Those of your beliefs want to be left in peace, but yet refuse to offer peace to those that have different beliefs here and all around you. You consider opposing views to be unnecessary "attacks" but it is your posts and questions that initiate the debates and arguments in the first place. You then cry that everyone is persecuting you and your cult when intelligent and rational responses are giving to your questions. Stupid hypocrites.

Delusional much?

You're painting with quite a large brush there, aintcha? Did you pick that up at Home Depot?

I see that you have everything packed into the 'us good - them bad' box. Nicely done! Must make it easier to sleep at night.

If nothing else, the thread history right here in CiR will offer plenty of examples that contradict your statement.

Eric

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Ethereal Gargoyle untrue, you say? Do you say this with a straight face? Blindness to reality runs rampant in such silly beliefs and cults of such, so your lack of sight in the obvious doesn't surprise me in the least.

Hello Mr. Pot, meet Mr. Kettle.

There are times when black and white paradigms are valid and appropriate. This isn't one of them. Your propensity to package up all religious people into a neat little bag and slap a label on them says WAY more about you than it does them.

Eric

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I had two guys come to my door one Saturday morning, selling religion door to door. I was still recouping my senses from an eventful Friday night and still kicking around the house in a half-sleep. The door bell rang, so I popped up and grabbed it without thinking; I love pop-ins, especially on Saturday mornings (sarcasm anyone?). There in front of me I see two teenage boys in identical dress with many different handouts. I had made the mistake, I had to listen to their preaching(I cannot hang-up on telemarketeers without saying "No thank you, Good-bye"). So, they told me about family and then they had to stop because I have no wife or children; they could tell by my lack of a frown. Then they started into what it means to be a single man in this world of distress and trials.

They began to wrap-it-up and tried to give me the literature. I then stopped them by saying, "I appreciate your beliefs and you have every right to be doing what you are doing, but if you gave me that brochure it would be a waste because I would throw it away; I don't wish to change my beliefs." I told them to be very careful on their bikes and to have a nice day. I didn't even close the door on them, they were walking down the path waving good-bye.

Long story, um, longer. I am a Christian, although, I find merit in many other religious beliefs, I am much more tolerant than others whom would have slammed the door and said "GO AWAY!"

I believe in tolerance and equality of religion and I think I believe that way because my religion tells me to. If I am not mistaken I think most religions teach tolerance (even the basic tennants of Islam, which people have been mistaking recently). Point being, the reason why people are seeing Christians as right-wing nutto's is because the more vocal of that population of Christians are rolled out to television cameras, like the trailer park people are called out to talk about the storm.

Media wants to see conflict, it sells. Peace and love and tolerance do not sell.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join