It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One World, One Government.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

One Currency, One Language.

One World, No Borders.

ATS is about denying ignorance.

What is wrong with these things if they are applied correctly and fairly?

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx

One World, No Borders.

What you propose sounds kinda.....dull.

With no diversity of cultures the world would be a boring place indeed.

Also, I strongly believe in the principle of Subsidarity. People are best able to rule over themselves at the LOCAL level.

Some Mega-govt half way around the world will never understand what goes on at the local level. Look how disconnected the guys in Washington are from the rest of the nation.

Another thing is the old maxim; absolute power corrupts absolutely. If the world gov becomes corrupt and oppressive, where will the people have to go to escape?

I'll take the world as it is today, with all it's imperfections.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

One World, No Borders.

Also, I strongly believe in the principle of Subsidarity. People are best able to rule over themselves at the LOCAL level.

Some Mega-govt half way around the world will never understand what goes on at the local level. Look how disconnected the guys in Washington are from the rest of the nation.

Another thing is the old maxim; absolute power corrupts absolutely. If the world gov becomes corrupt and oppressive, where will the people have to go to escape?

So your suggesting some sort of Anarchist local government that goes from the ground up instead of the top down?

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

If done without corruption then sure. One government, one language, one currency, no borders, etc. sounds great to me. I just don't trust humans to do it 'correctly and fairly.' Horrible track record.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Yet this world would not be our only world, and remarkable encounters amongst the stars, spheres and the black there between ought not be "boring indeed."

It's do or probably die.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I'm suggesting we go back to the Constitution as it was meant to work.

The Federal govt having limited powers dealing with defence and handling disputes between the states. All other powers are given to the states or to the people without constant Federal interferance.

Different countries allow for a diversity of cultures to fluorish. They allow for experimentation in govt policies so we can see if some ideology, say communism would actually work without commiting the whole world to that course.

If someone is dissatisfied with their current govt, they could vote with their feet and go to some country more amenable to their tastes, so long as they are willing to assimilate peacibly.

Anarchy is bad. One world govt would be to. Freedom of diversity, IMO is the best policy.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Nothing is wrong with it, but we all know people and there vendettas.

If you ever lived with people ruining your life you would know.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
This is a wonderful dream the problem is reality. My local representatives, the mayor etc. etc. cant even get our city in order let alone the country and definately not at all if it comes to the entire world. People in power will abuse it and will be corrupt. Our species simply couldnt cope with this.

Career politicians is a huge problem and I don't want to see them move their revolving door sytem to a global model. Id rather have anarchy before I ever settled for a one world government. Until we as a species can grow up and shirk the greedy and selfish impulses it will never work for the people.

But like utopia, its fun to day dream about.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Who gets to decide who governs? I would not expect the people who live in the wonderful places to easily let the majority of the world who live in awful places rule over them. Nor should the people who live in the world's shangi la's dictate how people in hard places live. There is no way a world government could help all people everywhere. Many people would suffer from lack of knowlegdeable leadership.

Language is derived from culture. A beduin does not need as many words for snow as an eskimo. One language would either be to narrow to meet the needs of all people or so all conclusive it would be impossible to learn.

Whoever controls the world currency would be so powerful they would be dangerous. Fortunately the Arabs will never fall for a world currency unless they control it.

Fair always depends on perspective. Is it wrong for a starving family to steal a loaf of bread? It is not wrong from the childs perspective. From the shop owners perspective it is wrong. Fair is unacheivable in this realm. A world court would be spread too thin. Anarchy and lawlessnes will be the result of such a consolidation of power.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by eradown]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

One World, No Borders.

The only way that a one world government can actually be put into place is if we develop and implement a new standard of ethics, much like the Cognitive theoretic model of the universe.

www.ctmu.org...

Something that could be educated to people at a young age that would teach them compassion, self responsibilty, and "all are a part of the whole" kind of deal. Also the whole competition thing we have going needs to be taken out, it just creates a society that is based on who ever gets to the top is the winner while the others at the botttom can go suck it!

Within a generation or two you would probably have a society that is very capable of having a one world government. Also cultural understanding would boom! It would never be a boring day, people are proud of their cultures, and when you dont have to work so hard to make ends meet and barely survive, these standard cultural practices would be the norm in all aspects of nations around the world.

A true one world government reminds me of the old Dinotopia books. I used to read it when i was little, and the basic society in the book is something that people should seriously strive for...

en.wikipedia.org...

The human population consists of shipwrecked travelers called Dolphinbacks (who are often rescued and brought to shore by dolphins) and the descendants of such arrivals. As such, they often fall into cultural zones based on the relative societies from whence their ancestors came, creating a cultural landscape across the island that is both unified and incredibly diverse.

Both halves of the society share responsibility equally and live under a common set of laws known as the Code of Dinotopia. The society is highly communal, lacking a monetary system or even a concrete concept of ownership. Individuals are educated from youth to be compassionate, co-operative, and generally conscious of others' needs. For example, food on the island is provided at no cost, but citizens take only what they need and leave the rest for others.

That is the kind of one world government we need, minus the dinos...lol

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I prefer individual, sovereign nations, with their/our existing languages, cultures, currencies (if money is still needed in the next paradigm) etc., in the spirit of diversity, variety, lack of boredom etc., BUT, only if it can be done without rule BY secrecy, i.e. anything even remotely resembling the National "Security" STATE and Black Budget, AND without any religious, not to be confused with spiritual, influence... Second line...

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The problem is CONSOLIDATION OF POWER.

All power will eventually be put in the hands of a group of oligarchs or in the hands of one man. And god help us when that man is a Hitler or a Stalin or a Pol Pot, Kim Jong-Ill, pervez Musharraf or a Fidel Castro.

All these things you mention cannot be "applied correctly" because a one world government will always turn into a dictatorship.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
To get the Muslims and Jews to 'all get along' would be quite an accomplishment! Same thing for the many religious and ethnic groups in the Balkans. It is the same around the world: racism, ethnism, religious intolerance, it is pervasive and one language might help, but wouldn't solve the problem. No borders would even make it worse.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Very rarely will the special banner be used in-thread, but the situation here is ripe and most certainly calls for unusual action.

Behold!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/uploads/ats64940_ats59562_darmock.jpg[/atsimg]

"There's no time any more..."

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Watch This and Take a Look at What's Wrong.

Many other documentaries out there, Time to WAKE UP.
www.jordanmaxwell.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I like the idea of a One World Government, with American controlling the world and Republicans controlling America.

This world needs a keeper.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
After WWII, America and the Soviet Union tussled for control of large chunks of the world. At some point, the Soviets became corrupted by the depressing nature of egalitarian communism and power-hungry forces from within, causing their system to collapse and vaulting Americans to the top spot in the human power chain. Being of a fundamentally liberal nature on social policy, but a conservative nature in economics, Americans began to create an environment friendly for American corporations to go multinational.

Because this new arrangement would be a new form of colonialism, and because colonialism had created such a disaster none wanted to revisit it, the process of exporting raw materials from the third world to the first had to be dressed up in a "positive" form that all the television-fed sheep would find rewarded their sense of self image. As a result the current age takes the yearning of the last age, for a world without a constant threat of nuclear conflict from its partisanship, into unipartisan government.

The problems with this are manifold. First, it will contribute to the utter destruction of the environment, as this centralized government will like America before it make token concessions every year without addressing the real problem. Second, it will strengthen corporations across continents and in every voting market possible, causing them to be more powerful than ever before. Third, it will standardize cultures, languages, medias and heritage across the globe, normalizing humanity into a conformity to an average.

While the mythos of globalism and a peaceful world under one government seems appealing, it is this emotional appeal that is a hallmark of social manipulation for the further profits of those who recognize the rules are fake and act accordingly. A more sensible world order would allow local governments to decide whether or not they want to participate in Colonialism II without the presence of a superpower breathing down their necks. Whether this will be acceptable to the masses looking for an ego-boost remains to be seen.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Its already here. At least the money control, THE world you talk about is crashing as a whole, not just us.
One world order is a terrible thing, since 1 is easly corruptable, to easy to gain control. As we have seen. You see its already here, its just they are letting us know slowly.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
As long as the government doesn't have any people count me in! I really believe in one currency because it eliminates all the money trading. I think the simpler the economy, the stronger it will be.

The NWO is only the name we have given to the powers of corruption. It the New World Order can still be ours.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

One World, No Borders.

What is wrong you ask? That you have no right to take away my culture, language, way of life!

These things define who we are from the inside out.

Let me guess, you want:

1 currency - probably US dollar
1 language - probably English
1 world - probably the United Countries of America.
No borders I can agree with.

Do you see the problem with that?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join