It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who will win 2012?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I thing a Democrat will challenge Obama for the Democratic nomination.

Democrats: President Barack Obama, Rep. Dennis Kucinich, Sen. Evan Bayh.

Republicans: Gov. Sarah Palin, Gov. Tim Pawlenty, Rep. Newt Gingrich, Vice President Dick Cheney, Mayor Rudy Giuliani, Gov. Gary E. Johnson, Sen. John Thune.

I believe that Obama will win the Democratic primaries but will be in a tough race in he is challenged by only Kucinich, he may lose many New England and western states to Kucinich. If Obama is against Bayh he will most likely see an easy victory.

I believe that the 3 big champions for the Republican primaries will be; Dick Cheney, Sarah Palin, Tim Pawlenty. I forsee Cheney winning alot of Hawkish states such as Texas, Tennessee, and Georgia. I forsee Palin winning alot of Socially conservative states such as Utah, Alabama, and Arkansas. And I forsee Pawlenty winning more fiscally conservative states such as Arizona, Idaho, and South Dakota. there really is no clear winner but I do believe Pawlenty will fight the good fight but will lose in the end leaving Palin V.S. Cheney. I cannot forsee who will win that but my guess would be that the race would be EXTREMELY close but in the end I think Palin will win.

These are just my speculations based on much time spent on researching this. What are your guesses and who do you support?

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Cheney would not run for President, he knows he stands No chance. There are two bushes that are maybe upcomings Jeb Bush and there even a Half Hispanic Bush thats being groomed....

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I'm still holding out for a Ted Nugent ticket...

To answer your question-

Who will win?

NO ONE!

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Obama would not lose a single state to Kuchinch. I rate him highly, but the ignorance of Americans is astounding on the whole like many other democracies such as my own.I am not trying to offend Americans, but i think we can all agree this is not far off the mark.

He would be painted as a kook, who would bring America to its knees. What with his Anti-imperialist stance, the media would portray him as placing America in 'danger' from some remote threat, say Iran. They would point out his 'failure' in Cleveland, and forget to mention he held out against selling the state run water works which almost had him killed by the Mafia. This would all be lapped up by the electorate and Obama would win easily.

Palin will win the nomination for the Republicans, if she runs
(of course she will run). Some commentators say she can win, but surely when she debates with Obama the choice on who to choose will become abundently clear? I refer to my earlier comment on the American electorate....Palin could definitely win.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

Yes the msm would portray Kucinich as not knowing what he is doing and as a threat to our national security, but there are alot of progressives in New England and in Oregon and Washington who don't like Obama(they are really p1ssed at Obama right now), and most progressives don't really watch the msm, so I think Kucinich might win maybe 5 states max. I believe that if Palin makes it as the Republican presidential nomine she has a very great chance of winning. Let me elaborate... Everyone you talk to who likes Palin says one thing that is universal amung her supporters, "she is the ordinary American, she isn't like Washington, she's like us". While I think she is as dumb as they come many Americans actually like her enough to vote for her over Obama because they are sick of Washington and want whom they call 'The ordinary American', even my mum bought into her when she was campaigning with McCain saying 'she is just like us', she is great at fooling people into believing she is like them. The you have the second most popular reason, "she's hot". I try to tell people this is not a beauty pageant this is the president of the United States, she has an IQ of probably 100 at best. So when you hear all of this about Palin I know the British are probably thinking," Americans can't really be dumb enough to think that she could be president", but trust me Americans really are that dumb, the only question is... Are there more than 50.01% that dumb.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Dick Cheney was nominated Conservative of the year and now has an approval rating of 39%. Whether he runs or not, which I think he will, he has the chance to win. I believe that he will run because there's a difference between being a vocal critic and having that certain way of acting like you are trying to gain supporters. He is doing the latter.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Trust me there are alot of dumb British people around, which will no doubt lead to a Conservative victory at the next election. There may well be alot of progressives in New England, but there are more who would swallow any new promise of change from Obama.

Palin is not an ordinary American. She believe the Earth was created 15,000 years ago, she hunts animals from her Helicopter, she believes in End Time Theories. She is a Fundementalist Christian. I know they exist in America, but they are not a majority.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Do not say that all fundamentalist christians like palin as i am sure you know they do not. Bush had the same ideas.

On who would win, i doubt we see the front runner for a while, as they do not want to blow of too much attention too soon.

Shame ron paul and pat buchanan, could not run. But america would not allow that, lol.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Actually most Americans do believe the world was created around 15,000 years ago, most do/have hunted and support hunting, and alot of Americans are fundamental Christians. That of course is what got Bush elected don't forget. I think Palin is like a dumb version of Bush. Most Americans are not fundamental Christians but will support fundamental christian easily. I know the British aren't religious so don't believe America is anything like Britain because it is far from it. We are way more religious, have a poorer education(especially in rural conservative areas), and alot of us believe in the end times(such as myself).

And I researched the Tories and they are not Conservative at all, they are further to the left than the average Democrat.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Their name is the Conservative Party, and underneath all their bullcrap about helping the poor are the same party that existed under Thatcher. Private Businees, small Government and all that malarky.

Yes they are to the left of the Democrats, it doesn't take much.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
who do i hope will win?

Ron Paul...

Who do i think will win?

well here is how i see it. If it looks like obama has too much ground to stand on, i am certain that there will be leaked info about his nationality and so on. Chances are that obama will not be running for a second term though, because after this healthcare mess and all, well he may be lucky to make it out of the presidency without the people kicking him out on his keester.

Hillary has a chance to take the democratic seat i think, after all she nearly had it last time, and we as a nation have broke the "barrier" so to speak on who holds presidency. wouldnt it make sense to have the first black man pres followed by the first woman? and the first first man? lol anyway, she does have a chance IMHO.

On the conservative side, yes i believe that palin is going to attempt something, and cheney will be there as well. dont forget huckabee although his chances are slim...

in the end, if we continue to proceed the way that we have for the last hundred years, no one will win really.

besides, isnt this ball of dirt supposed to cease to exists near that time? perhaps there will be no election in the face of some huge asteroid or something...

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

but trust me Americans really are that dumb, the only question is... Are there more than 50.01% that dumb.

DUH! Yes, after all more than 50.01% were dumb enough to fall for Obama's "hope and change" crap.

Since we really don't know who might be running in 2012, I think it's ridiculous to speculate on who might win. We should at least see what happens in the 2010 Congressional elections first. I think that election will give us some insight into what we can expect in 2012.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
These I my hopes of presidential and congressional winners of 2012 for a new and better government. Rid Washington of the corruption and dirty deeds from the current Administration!!

Ron Paul and Adam Kokesh

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Ron Paul! One can only hope!

We will have to try 10 fold next election year.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

You don't 50.01% of popular vote to win. You can have a much lower percentage of popular vote and still win if you have the larger states' votes. The larger states have more votes in the Electoral College.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Yes I know the whole electoral college junk.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
answer

Not the voters

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

It won't be Dick Cheney. His health is bad. - Heart Disease -
Now i can easily see his daughter Lynn Cheney leading the
President Sarah Palin Administration in the White House.
V.P. might be Fred Thompson.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

Actually most Americans do believe the world was created around 15,000 years ago, most do/have hunted and support hunting, and alot of Americans are fundamental Christians. That of course is what got Bush elected don't forget. I think Palin is like a dumb version of Bush. Most Americans are not fundamental Christians but will support fundamental christian easily. I know the British aren't religious so don't believe America is anything like Britain because it is far from it. We are way more religious, have a poorer education(especially in rural conservative areas), and alot of us believe in the end times(such as myself).

And I researched the Tories and they are not Conservative at all, they are further to the left than the average Democrat.

Religion does not belong in politics. Period. You can have your faith, your religion, but don't shove it onto me. Sarah Palin would want to overturn Roe vs. Wade, in a heartbeat. Women in this country will not let that happen. I don't believe in pleasure hunting. The "end times" have been going on since the alleged "ascension" of Chirst. That has been according to christians, about 2,000 years now.

new topics

top topics

join