It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would You change the Uganda Gay Bill?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

You can't. The end goal of the bill is to kill or imprison gay people. That's it. You either kill or imprison them, or you don't. It's like saying how you'd change Hitler's Final Solution without changing the end - it doesn't matter. After it's complete, all the Jews are dead.

Same here - change the means, change the players, change anything but keep the end the same, and the gay folks are still dead.

And anyone still in support of this bill is either ignorant, or a sick human being.

This is not true. They now say they won't kill anyone, only keep them in prison. If they want to make this a law and jail them that is their right no matter how wrong you feel it is.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Selahobed
reply to post by infinite

They have NO choice but to be themselves...

This is simply untrue. The Bible and an experience with Christ is all about Change and stopping being the person you used to be and becoming a new person.

These people DO have choice. Jesus taught people that they had a choice. Religion aside, do you know there are places people can go to get help for homosexuality and change back into a straight person? Ex gays who are now straight are all over the place. They know.. they Do have a choice.

[edit on 26-12-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I think by default we're all bisexual. All bonobos are bisexual and they're just as closely related to us than chimps are. Actually I remember reading that bonobos even prefer gay sex over "normal" sex.

My (educated) guess is that no single "gay gene" will ever be found. Such a thing would have eliminated itself from the gene pool a long time ago. However very soon we'll find a combination of genes that correlates with a likelihood of being gay (the same way we've found genes that correlate with higher risk of addiction to various things). There'd still be a choice (if one believes in free will, personally I'm not sure), but it might not be an easy one. People in many cultures (for example Iran) take massive risks when they go about doing the gay thing..

By the way did Jesus ever say that gay sex is wrong? I doubt it. Didn't he have a thing with John? He "loved" him like he loved no other disciple.. or something like that. Didn't John even give Jesus a bj during the last supper (the "beloved" disciple laid himself on Jesus' inner tunic)? Some argue that this was just a normal custom around the time, but seriously shoving your face against some dude's balls is GAY, no way around it. Does Jesus ever mention homosexuality in the Bible? As far as I know he doesn't. Didn't he eliminate all the old laws? If he then didn't forbid homosexuality, then why do so many Christians have problems with it? Not that it matters. I doubt very much that Jesus is even a historical person, but let's not get into that. Did Jesus ever condemn the actions of others? FFS he even made friends with murderer rapists. If you adore the guy so much then how about trying to act a little bit more like him..

[edit on 26-12-2009 by rhinoceros]

<< 1  2   >>

join