It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would You change the Uganda Gay Bill?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
Lets say you were a member of the government in Uganda and you were charged with the task of stopping homosexuality in Uganda.

How would you do it?

Outlawing it does not stop it, it only creates more of it because special focus is put there, naturally causing rebellion.

Why do homophobes like you never understand that?

[edit on 24-12-2009 by Skyfloating]

Right out of the gate you call names and slam people for asking a question that did not have any homophobic overtones to it and expect us to think ATS is not co-opted by the militant gift giving homosexual communtiy? Its a recent event in another country and a good questions was asked. If you don't like it shut down the thread "Super MOD." Thats what you homosexuals like to do when you don't like a subject don't you?

You are an intellectually impotent "Super MOD" with an agenda.... What a joke ATS has become when you have militant homosexual MODS like this lurking around...

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

If they do not want homosexuality in their country, then it is their right to do what it takes to thwart this belief system and there is nothing wrong with that.

Homosexuality is not a "belief system". This is the same as genocide.

I frankly don't care what kind of answer you want. That is my answer.

Christians Do Not Hate the people.. We only hate the Actions of the people.

You speak for all Christians, eh? Because I know Christians who have NO problem with homosexuality.

Christians do not go around killing gays for the hell of it.

Why do you kill them, then?

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

If they do not want homosexuality in their country, then it is their right to do what it takes to thwart this belief system and there is nothing wrong with that.

Nothing wrong with it? Really? First of all I disagree with you on homosexuality being a belief system. Second, would you be fine with the US or the UK or whatever country setting death penalty for whatever happens to be your (I'm guessing here) flavour of Christianity? If not, then why not? It's not your country. It's the majority's country and they can do whatever the hell they want, right? A better example yet would be if "whatever country" set death penalty for dark skin. There'd be nothing wrong with that, right?

The Question:

Lets say you were a member of the government in Uganda and you were charged with the task of stopping homosexuality in Uganda.

How would you do it?

I wouldn't. Instead I'd move to some better country.

What is it that Gandhi said.. I like your Christ, I don't like your Christians. Do you have any idea what he was talking about?

[edit on 24-12-2009 by rhinoceros]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by northof8

Right out of the gate you call names and slam people for asking a question that did not have any homophobic overtones to it and expect us to think ATS is not co-opted by the militant gift giving homosexual communtiy? Its a recent event in another country and a good questions was asked. If you don't like it shut down the thread "Super MOD." Thats what you homosexuals like to do when you don't like a subject don't you?

You are an intellectually impotent "Super MOD" with an agenda.... What a joke ATS has become when you have militant homosexual MODS like this lurking around...

Just wow!

Having a mod disagree with your views does not mean they or ATS are part of some secret militant homosexual group. If anything, ATS is slanted to the Christian conservative right. It's hardly part of some gay organization working to transform everyone into homosexuals.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by Kaploink]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by northof8

So for the actions of a minority you'd condemn the vast majority? Who's militant here?

Let's outlaw those we hate... Yeah, that has worked so well in the past... It's a wonder man has gone as far as he has...

Outlaw homosexuality... Are you even listening to yourself? Who are you going to outlaw next? Or who gets outlawed next? Think about that before you get all fired up to "outlaw" for the safety and welfare of others...

Who's next?

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

1. Im not a Supermod

2: Im not homosexual

3. The OP goes around bashing homosexuals and feels offended by me calling him a homophobe? What a joke.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
wow people should call me nostrodamus!

point proven I think...

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

1. Im not a Supermod

2: Im not homosexual

3. The OP goes around bashing homosexuals and feels offended by me calling him a homophobe? What a joke.

Nor are you intellectually impotent or militant, as far as I know. Your posts are many times highly intellectual and you've been very peaceful and civil.

Originally posted by freakyclown
point proven I think...

Excuse me? Maybe you should tell us what the point is and how it's been proven.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Hey Buddy. I have not "bashed" anyone in this thread but you will be the first. You are the worst excuse for a Mod I have ever seen and I have reported your sorry actions.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Quoting you:

I believe homosexuality should be wiped off the face of the earth..

You say you feel offended by my words - do you think anyone might feel offended by yours?

No need to answer.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
the best and most decorated soldier who ever lived; paddy maine; was gay.... The people will moan but he was.... However it did not stop him frm being the best...

IMO the people who have got probs with gays have issues themselves...

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

The difference is I was talking about an idea. I was not directing my comments to anyone in particular. I did not say that the people should be wiped off of the earth. There is a big difference.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Selahobed
IMO the people who have got probs with gays have issues themselves...

Exactly.

The OP is apart of this extreme branch of Christianity, who apparently "do not hate" - but wants to exterminate homosexuals. This Neanderthal mentality is on the decline, people like the OP will be restricted to tiny little towns, while society grows and appreciates human life.

In the other thread, the OP tried provoking members - we ignored him. This thread is just a pathetic attention seeking device (which has failed)

Maybe, the Uganda Bill should be altered and aimed at the cancer - that is organised religion. We've witnessed the hate in this thread from those who wish to attack homosexuality with stone age views. Christianity in Africa, financed by the evangelical churches (that the OP attends) are the ones supporting and financing the homophobic groups in Uganda.

Surely, that counts as a form of terrorism? After all, Christians carry out the most terrorist attacks in the United States.

Religion is more of a choice than sexuality.

I rest my case. My point is made and the OP is on my ignore list. Reading posts from a potential member of the clan or Ayran group isn't for my taste

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Where do you get these lies from? I do Not want to exterminate homosexuals. I never even suggested such a thing.

I am Not member of any extreme Christian group. I do Not attend any evangelical church, nor do I attend any conservative church.

I guess you just make thsi stuff up as you go along huh?

In the other thread I did not try to provoke anyone. This is also a lie. On page 1 I posted a link to that post stating that I was never trying to hide my feelings on the subject. You can go read this post yourself and see that I was not provoking anyone.

I did not attack homosexuality with stone age views. Another Lie. I did however state my personal opinion.

If anymore close minded people want to put me on ignore, please feel free. I am sure I don't want to see your post either.

Look at the amount of stars infinite gets for his post full of Lies and dripping with Hate. A sure sign something is wrong with people on ATS.

~~~~~~~~~~

I have been studying this gay gene issue and I have found that there is no scientific evidence to support this. I am making a new thread to discuss this conspiracy. This thread will be made of recent scientific findings and will not be based in any religion or religious beliefs.

I am not making this new thread out of any type of homophobic or 'hate the gays' ideas. I Do Not hate Gay people and wish them no harm. I simply do not agree with their lifestyle. All my Gay friends know this and we respect each others beliefs. We all get along just fine.

The hate coming at me in this thread because I do not believe that homosexuality is a thing people are born with, is so much more hate than I could ever feel towards any gay person.

The whole point of this thread was Uganda was not going to stop this gay bill, it seems to be something they really want. By you people saying " The bill is not right, and I would tell them to shove this bill and I would simply ignore the task an leave the government.. kind of attitude is Not going to happen in Uganda.

The Bill stays. It's going to stay and there is nothing anyone can do about it. My only question was how would you write this bill to make it more humane in your opinion.

But people, since the Bill will not go away because they want this, your claims of how wrong it is is just silly. I was giving you an opportunity to rewrite the bill to make it less harmful to gays but you people were so blinded by hate you failed to see that.

I was saying, We can't change this but if it has to stay how can we make it better - and I get attacked for it! The closed mindedness and hate of people here make me believe more than ever this world is going downhill fast.

[edit on 26-12-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

I USED to be of the opinion that sexuality was a choice and those "demonic homo's" were the blame for the degradation of society... That is until i had a TRUE conversion to Messiah Yeshua.... This does not excuse the act, but the person... They have NO choice but to be themselves... Much like the pastor who shags a member of his congregation; or a fellow human being who falls uncontrolably in love with another... The problem does not lay with us... But sin does... It mutates us in an effort to destroy G-ds greatest creation, and stop H-m from having a RELATIONSHIP with H-s children; hence why WE ARE ALL MESSED UP... AND IS the reason why we are ALL in need of a saviour..... The human race is insane without G-d... Hence the new laws and dictates we have; and weapons; and the fact that the family is destroyed in our generation and men are as nothing in the eyes of us women, but we can; through political correctness, make you a MERE sperm donor... Why? Why the attack on FATHERS????? It is to demonize the word "father", so that it becomes dispensable, replaceable, and so we WOULD NOT RECOGNISE OUR TRUE FATHER IN HEAVEN... It is a tactic of war for the souls of men.... Of whom the enemy is scared of... And rightly sooo!!!! Because our men would die for us and their kids if they had their true power!!! Feminism sucked our mens life from them to effeminate boys who enjoy coffee and mannicures.... In war you take the leaders and most strongest first.... WAKE UP GUYS!!! We women LOVE our men!! You are irreplacable!!! You have strength, and honour too!! Wake up!!! You are a threat to the enemy of our soul and your weak silence will destroy us alll, but your strength can save us... Or be the truth of ourselves before G-d.. Maybe that is what He is waiting for???? The truth of man...

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   

This Gay Bill Uganda proposes has upset a lot of people for different reasons. Most of them claiming this is a horrible idea. I assert that it is Uganda's right to run their country as they see fit as long as they do not go and kill millions of Gay people just for the hell of it.

isn't that contradictory? anyway, i guess i wouldn't change the bill. those people are probably incredibly annoying. just look at rachel maddow.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   

This is a genuine question. Why are some persons drawn to those of the same sex ?.

I've got friends who are gay, like you. I can't see any common trend between them ; most come from a stable, respectable ... and predominately Christian ... family environment. A few have been brought up by their Mothers only, because of divorce/separation or even because their Fathers have been in the armed forces and absent for much of their formative years. In than sense my gay friends have had the same deal of the cards as their straight equivalents.

Nor have any been sexually abused in childhood, I want to emphasise that.

In terms of the order of their birth, I see no trend either. The sexuality of my friends doesn't vary with them being either the first or last child to be born, they're a real mixture.

You've mentioned lifestyle. Was there a "gay lifestyle" as such in Victorian days, when homosexuality was just as prominent ? Or even during the times of Greece & Rome ? It's nothing new, homosexuality, it's been "going on" right through time. At least now in these more enlightened times it's no longer the furtive, secret thing it once was.

Although for many gay people it still is "in the closet" ... the family man who arranges to meet strangers from internet chatrooms, the family man who cruises gay cottages on the way home from work, the family man with the "special friend" he meets up with a couple of times a month.

So. How do you explain homosexuality yourself ?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

You can't. The end goal of the bill is to kill or imprison gay people. That's it. You either kill or imprison them, or you don't. It's like saying how you'd change Hitler's Final Solution without changing the end - it doesn't matter. After it's complete, all the Jews are dead.

Same here - change the means, change the players, change anything but keep the end the same, and the gay folks are still dead.

And anyone still in support of this bill is either ignorant, or a sick human being.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

reply to post by Maslo

Again that is a matter of opinion. Science is proven wrong time an again. Even when the observations support the theories that is not proof as other observations will often times support different theories. I do not believe science understands genes enough to really say exactly what the case really is. If they told you tomorrow they found a gene that makes people murderers and you had it would you believe it?

Its not a matter of opinion. Its a FACT. Sexuality is encoded in the genome. Its basic instinct, like eating or sleeping. Or do you think people have to learn how to do "it"? Thats obviously not true. Its probably not single gene, but a wide collection of different genes like some studies show, but its definitely inherited, not acquired trait.
Therefore, you cant punish people for it, because it wasnt their choice.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

This is simply not true. Google "Gay Gene". The first 5 hits you get is new scientific evidence that the Gay gene was only a theory reported as fact, and there is in fact no scientific evidence of a gay gene.

I am sorry to spoil your belief but today's science does not back it up.

The entire human genome mapping project has finished mapping the human genome and they even say they did not find any gay gene.

I can show scientific evidence that there is no proof of this being inherited either.

It is a popular theory and belief but there is no scientific evidence of this. Tomorrow I will post my new thread on this conspiracy and i hope it will be an intelligent discussion of this subject. (without hate and name calling.. just the facts as reported please)

[edit on 26-12-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join