It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Senate passes sweeping healthcare reform Bill - but tough talks lie ahead

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Polynomial C
reply to post by eradown

Victory because NO ONE should be without Health Care ...

Victory because i should not choose between going to college and my HEALTH ...

Etc, etc ..

Do you spend 15,000 dollars on your health? I seriously doubt it. That 15,000 dollars per middle class family a year will be taken out of the economy. When it is given to the government much of it will be lost or stolen. This will have domino effect on the economy. There will be less money for student loans. There will be fewer part time jobs for students. If you are ever really in need of good medical care depending on whose in charge and just how much they like you will determine what you recieve.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by eradown]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

Like i said .. IT IS NOT PERFECT .. but I'll take it ..

Passing the bill will give us time for correcting the flaws .. and hopefully in the near future .. there will be a socialized Universal Health Care ...

I see this bill as a sculpture that needs some re-work ..

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

I'm just glad the stupid bill finally passed, now things can finally move on.

I consider this to be an equalizer, it's done, the democrats have been given the same chance, now on to the next agenda.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I'm disappointed in this, but at least it's over. I'm more tired of the struggle than anything. It will be interesting to see how or if it affects us or if anything good will come out of it.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy

I consider this to be an equalizer, it's done, the democrats have been given the same chance, now on to the next agenda.

Also sick of hearing about it. But i do not think of it in left right stuff.

If they want the nwo, everywhere has to be the same. Americans should be no different than any of us that do not live in your country.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Originally posted by Jazzyguy

Also sick of hearing about it. But i do not think of it in left right stuff.

If they want the nwo, everywhere has to be the same. Americans should be no different than any of us that do not live in your country.

I do not see how destroying good things in another country improves the world. Watch out; Europe is way more envied than the U.S. will ever be.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by eradown]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
What I want to know is why are we allowing this to happen? This piece of s**t passes and not even a wimper or peep from anyone? A Democracy does NOT force people to do things like this. What if I don't want insurance? And government run health insurance is going to be laughable, at best. And of course, the middle class will the the ones getting screwed all around on it. I just don't get it. What's it going to take for people to stand up to this crap?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join