It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Posting a new Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Recently when trying to post a new thread I have just been bounced back to the original starting page. Would there be a reason for this?

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
How do you mean, did you click on the new thread button and get kicked out of the post reply screen?

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

It was after I entered all the information. Clicked submit, and it just flashes back to the same page, with all the information still there. Tried it many times. I sometimes got a content encoding error page, clicked try again and it brought me back to the submit page.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
If it matters I just tried to pull up the submit page and it would not let me. Content encoding error again.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I have never had that happen. Click on the alert button on this thread and maybe a mod will stop in and help.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

thanks, its done

I do hope this will get worked out.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I just posting a new thread and it worked.
The thread that I was having trouble with before is still doing the same thing. I will stop trying with that one. Hopefully this problem is over.
thank you.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Are you using Firefox, AND are you posting in breaking news?

If so I have encountered that problem under those exact conditions. I then switched to IE8 and was able to post. In my experience the problem is relatively rare and confined to breaking news. I have also posted to breaking news with Firefox without problems so it seems to be some sort of random glitch, but it does exist. This has been mentioned in board and business before but those minor glitches must be very time consuming to find/fix especially when it is random. My best guess is to cross your fingers when hitting submit

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienChaser

AlienChaser
You are correct on both accounts. I did not switch to IE, I just dropped the news I was trying to post and went to another, it worked that time. I will try to keep that in mind about IE. For the moment Firefox seems to be working but if IE seems to fix the problem I may go to it.
Thanks a bunch for you input.

new topics

top topics

join