It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinian official: Israel to demolish 900 houses in Jerusalem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Palestinian official: Israel to demolish 900 houses in Jerusalem

news.xinhuanet.com

Israel plans to demolish 900 Palestinian houses in Jerusalem, a Palestinian official warned on Wednesday.

"The plan was given to a private firm to demolish the houses and building housing units and settlements in the Old City in Jerusalem," said Hatem Abdul-Qader, Jerusalem affairs' commissioner in President Mahmoud Abbas's Fatah party.

"The plan is based on reducing the Palestinian presence in Jerusalem," Abdul-Qader told Voice of Palestine radio, adding that Israel "is terrified from
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.xinhuanet.com

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I am no expert of the politics of that region. I don't know all the history. I do know that this is the kind of thing that just seems wrong. I would like to think there is some sort good reason behind something like this, but I don't see it. If any would like to explain what is going on from one side or the other please do so.

news.xinhuanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Ok so check this chain of events please

Israel will destroy 900 houses in Jerusalem
this thread

Israel to build housing in eastern Jerusalem

Israel has invited proposals to build nearly 700 new apartments in Jewish neighborhoods in eastern Jerusalem.

jta.org...

Destroy 900 palestinian homes and build 700 new homes for jewish people instead

Israel: 16, 200 Jewish Immigrants Arrived in 2009

Israeli authorities say 16,200 Jews moved to the country in 2009,
it said in 2008, almost 14,000 Jews came to live in Israel

Sunday's statement said a total of 221,000 Jews immigrated over the past decade.

Israel offers automatic citizenship to Jews who move there. About 80 percent of the nation's 7 million residents are Jewish.

www.nytimes.com...

Interesting chain of events isn't it?

I think so!
Thoughts?

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
thats because there is nothing good about it this, its going to lead to war over the temple moount because that is what israel is trying to get to so that they can fulfill that ole' propechy about building the third temple and hasten the return of christ... strangly enough i find it increasingly worrisome that they continue to do just that and the world is slowly turning against them, those who were with them anyways, and that too is propechy, kinda strange huh... im not a bible thumper by any means but religious prophecy intrests me greatly.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Recently, I read an opinion piece in which the author was suggesting that Iran should be stopped from acquiring the bomb by all means; one of the reasons being that Iran could become a bully in the region.

From a pro-Israeli perspective that would make sense, but objectively speaking we all know that the West's little brother in the Middle East, Israel, plays the role of bully.

During the Cold War, the Soviet Union balanced the power of the US, hence preventing the US from behaving in the brutal, lawless and unjustifiable way Israel has been doing for the past decades.

For a lot of people in the Middle East - the Palestinians in particular - it would be a very positive development. Finally, Israel could not kill, destroy and terrorize people without facing any consequences, but that's purely hypothetical as we all know Israel would never let Iran go nuclear.

For that reason, one thing is sure, we are at the brink of war and Israel's Ayalon rightfully said that 2010 will be the decisive year on Iran. Only a coupe d'etat could change things, if such an occurrence doesn't happen, Israel and the Palestinians will be worse off pretty soon.

new topics

top topics

join