It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What musical instrument(s) can you play?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

pfft thats chadwickus you lame arse

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I can play the Radio

And every once in a while, I can even get a tune out of my PC

I envy people with talent.

My Nephew plays the violin, piano and guitar. My daughter plays 9 different instruments and my sister 6

I have no talent. Yet, I do enjoy other peoples talents so count myself fortunate.

Semper

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz

pfft thats chadwickus you lame arse

Quiet you

Otherwie I will tell everyone your true identity

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

That I am a BOT?

I dont hide it anymore, I am out of the AI closet.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz

That I am a BOT?

I dont hide it anymore, I am out of the AI closet.

No

That you are a puppet controlled by Schrodingers Dog's left hand

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Scooby Doo

Nothing but air drums..but I kick ass "In the air tonight."

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I started playing the guitar in junior high. I think Dave Mustaine (Megadeth) was one
of my main influences along with Testament,and Iron Maiden.
I also
play a little bass guitar as well as 1/2 a$$ drums, but as far as singing goes, I cant carry a tune in a bucket. I have had the oppertunity to play in several heavy/death metal bands, and when i was in college i played with a texas music band, that got a record deal(after we graduated and i was no longer in the band).I am still playing music, but now i play other styles other than metal. currently i am learning classical guitar.
I really dont have a favorite song. its usuallywhat ever mood im in thats
the music i feel like playing.
keep rockin.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Cerebus0

That's how I started myself. Except at the early stage, I experimented with pop music as well as metal. My influences were Kerry King Jeff Hanneman, not to mention that Trey Azagtoth of Morbid Angel has always been god to me. If it wasn't for me playing in different genres throughout these last 10+ years I wouldn't be were I am. It's good to know that there is no shame in progress and evolution. Wait till you start playing random jazz pieces injected with blues and some nicely pulled of sweeps.

still trying to learn the violin....:bnghd:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Guitar, bass and basic drums here

I like playing anything really, don't have a favorite song to play

the band I am in has about 30 tunes, my preference changes all the time

very interesting, but some songs go in and out - meaning

they get written sound great, then lose the "magic" and then come back even stronger

very strange thing, but one of the guys agrees, it seems to happen, not my imagination.

I think technicality is cool as I can very much play the blues like it was meant to be played, however I think some lose focus on the creative aspect and the space, the second is what makes a player great IMO. I have also found that the best song writers
are often times poor players and the best players can't write for sheez.

nice thread

[edit on 7-1-2010 by Janky Red]

[edit on 7-1-2010 by Janky Red]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Piano/Keyboard:

That was the first song I learnt. Although that is not me in the video but its the exact version I play.

Guitar:

This is the song I play most I suppose. Love this version of Wonderwall.

I'm also a master of the maracas! I taught Bez everything he knows.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I play guitar. Classical,flamenco,Jazz(fusion).I can also play piano and violin.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   

I started playing guitar when I was 15. I was 5'2" tall and had zits, so I figured being a guitar player would get me the girls. It didn't help, but I got to be pretty good as a guitar player.

I tried a lot of styles and my favorite classical piece is probably Francois Couperin's le Tambourin, a harpsichord transcription, because it was the first tough piece I learned. My favorite flamenco piece is probably one of the Sevillanas by any of the early 20th century players. Rock guitar? Probably Joe Walsh's outro in Hotel California. Not one extraneous note in the whole thing. Acoustic steel string? Anything by Tony Rice, the master of the Martin D-28 and the greatest bluegrass guitar picker I can think of.

In my early twenties, I was seduced by the 5-string banjo, which is probably my favorite (or at least most-played) instrument. My favorite licks are some of those by Bill Emerson when he was playing with the Country Gentlemen years and years ago. I was privileged to study with Bill and one time someone told me "you know, if you had talent, you'd sound kinda like Bill Emerson" I consider that a high compliment indeed!

When I was in junior college, I played stand-up bass in a 18-piece standards band doing Basie and Ellington arrangements. I will still do some casuals with it, and my favorite is some of the work Keter Betts did with the Charlie Byrd Trio back in the sixties, probably Blues for Night People

My favorite instruments are two acoustic guitars:a Martin D-28 steel string and Cordoba classic, Gibson ES-335 electric semi-hollowbody guitar, two bluegrass banjos, Stelling Bellflower and Gibson RB-250 Mastertone, and a No-name Chinese 3/4 bass. All (except the ES-335, of course) I had fitted with Fishman pickups. I play the bass through a small Acoustic 50-Watt amp and the Cordoba through a Roland 60-Watt stereo amp if it's a small room, and everything else through the house sound when I'm playing out.

It has taken me a long time to get all these instruments, and my wife simply doesn't understand why I need more.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I play:

Guitar (Classical, Acoustic and Electric) [Play well]

Oboe and Cor Anglais [Play well]
Clarinet and saxophone. [Play Ok-ish]

(Well, these woodwinds are all related, so I guess playing all four is actually pretty common for someone who plays oboe.)

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I play drums, the bass and guitar. I have two Maton Guitars, Australian hand Made guitars. One is a beautiful 12 string made from Australian Wood. The Other is an Electric Maton, that looks like a Gibson. I have a Fender Jazz Bass, a yahama semi acoustic, thin bodied guitar a Tama RD Kit and an Electronic Drum kit.

I wish I knew how to upload tracks onto my media page but I don't. If anyone know how to do that from Garage band or itunes?

As for songs I like to play?
That is a hard one.

Too many.

I really liked that Theme from twilight. That was sweet.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I can only play guitar。

————————————————————
NFL Clothing & Gear:NFL Shop

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Played tuba in high school.
Learning didgeridoo now.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I've played guitar for about...wow...8 years I think...started my freshman year of high school. I started to be cool...then found the single best way for me to center myself, get aggression out, or just ponder things. My whole family is very into music. I am the only one who plays though...I am not that great at it, but it's my "thing".
My girlfriend just started teaching me piano last night, I hope to be able to do that in a fairly decent manner within the next few months.

What is my favorite song? Well the first song I learned was "A Letter to My Penis" by Rodney Carrington that was it for about a year. Now, I have a basic set I play each time I break it out. My favorites out of that are "Blister In The Sun" by The Violent Femmes, and "Crazy Eddie's Last Hurrah" by Reckless Kelly Those are both super simple but just make my day whenever I play them.

Great thread idea. I'm off to read it now.

Oh yea...I can play the triangle and bongos as well. And tambourine

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Cerebus0

What was the name of the Texas Music band?

I follow that scene pretty good, wondering if I heard of them.

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Started playing guitar since 13 plus being in the band, I could pretty much play everything else, but my main instrument would be guitar.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

Nothing but air drums..but I kick ass "In the air tonight."

I think every guy can when no ones looking.

I can play a mean comb.Just give me a comb and a piece of cellophane and I can get down!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join