What musical instrument(s) can you play?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Two Part Question...

My first question is 'What musical instrument(s) can you play?' Whether it is a grand piano right down to a triangle. Maybe tell us a little history behind your choice of instrument(s)? Music software does not count as an instrument.

My second question is 'What is your favorite song or piece of music played by your instrument(s)?' Music that you could say 'inspired you'....

My answers...

I can play the piano but didn't start playing until later in my life, maybe when I was 14-15 years old.

I have two favorites. First is a song composed by Carter Burwell titled 'Bella's Lullaby' and was used for the movie 'Twilight'. Song below.

My second favorite is by Yiruma title 'A River Flow's in You' as per the video below.

Scooby Doo...

Edited to refine the formula...er...um...I mean text

[edit on 23-12-2009 by Scooby Doo]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scooby Doo
Music software does not count as an instrument.

Well hang on a cotton picking minute! Some great music is electronic (OK some real bad music is also) But some degree of electricity os a good thing for music - recording, transmitting storing etc.

But me personally I can't play anything well, I'm in awe of any one who can... I did learn the trumpet at school and that also sort of means any brass instrument with 3 valves - but I never kept it upwhich I regret, sold it at a pawn shop cos I needed some cash for a motorbike - I know they didn't sell it cos I saw it again just before they sold up, it had a dent my mate threw it down on the floor cos he had a sugar fixacation!

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then

Music software does not count as an instrument.

Well hang on a cotton picking minute! Some great music is electronic

Absolutely. I am at clubs every night doing back flips to some hard style. Well, not exactly back flips, but you know
What I am trying to acknowledge is the physical instruments.

sold it at a pawn shop cos I needed some cash for a motorbike - I know they didn't sell it cos I saw it again just before they sold up, it had a dent my mate threw it down on the floor cos he had a sugar fixacation!

LMAO I love it.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Nice topic. I myself started playing at the ripe age of 16 (I am 30 now). I started with the guitar, then progessed to bass, then drums, and I do some singing (quite horrendous if I may say so...:clown

The one piece that I really enjoy playing is Emperor's "Thus spake the nightspirit". Great song. But mostly, I stay into composing my own pieces.

At the moment I am trying to learn the violin.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
my voice

Tis a musical instrument in itself

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Cool thread idea

I personally play guitar, drums, a little bit of piano, and can sing.

I started playing guitar when I was around 13-14, and drums a year or two later. Didn't start on piano and singing till I was around 20 or so.

Ive played in a few rock, metal and punk bands over the years, but nothing ever went to far unfortunately

Here is one of the songs that inspired me to play guitar. I know it's kind of a guitar player cliche, but its still a badass song!

And this is what turned me on to drums.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieJesus

You should check out Flo Mournier from the Band Cryptopsy. That dude is an insane drummer.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Im a man of many talents

I can play the castanets, maracas, triangle, tambourine and xylophone. Anyone looking for a new band member?

Oh Ive been told I can sing

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Double post

[edit on 25/12/2009 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by divinetragedy79

Thanks man, just checked that guy out on youtube he is pretty damn awesome!

Another badass drummer is Tomas Haake from Meshuggah, that guy is insane at drums too

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Not trying to be stereotypical, but seeing how you're from Australia and all, I gotta ask...

Can you play the Didgeridoo?

I always wanted to learn how to play one of those things

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieJesus

Not trying to be stereotypical, but seeing how you're from Australia and all, I gotta ask...

Can you play the Didgeridoo?

I always wanted to learn how to play one of those things

Hell no

I tried once but all I ended up doing was spitting saliva everywhere, lol

Its a lot harder than it looks, so I just leave it for the natives to play with. Also, in aboriginal culture, women are not allowed to play the digeridoo, so sorry ladies, you cant even try it,

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I agree that He is awesome. But when I saw them live, he was pretty bland.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Ive heard that they are difficult to play, but you just helped me make my decision to put the didgeridoo on my "list of stuff they I'll probably never try"

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by divinetragedy79

Thats not fair! I wanna see Meshuggah

That sucks he wasn't that good live, maybe just a bad day...

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I like to think it was an off day for him. Or maybe it was the song selections that they played. I got to keep the set list! haha!!! I saw them when they toured with Ministry I think it was a few years ago.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Im a man of many talents
I can play the castanets, maracas, triangle, tambourine and xylophone. Anyone looking for a new band member?

Is that you on stage below Oz?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Whoops....Double Post....

[edit on 26-12-2009 by Scooby Doo]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I can play the saxophone, been playing it since I was 11/12. I quit after freshmen year of high school, because I didn't really like playing in band. But I still play a little during my free time, I even composed(or tryed to compose) a 20 min. free jazz piece with it a few weeks ago, when I was...

I've also been meaning to learn guitar, there is an old acoustic one laying around my house, I've just never got the motivation to start learning it.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Is that you on stage below Oz?

Yes, you found me out....Im really Hugh Jackman

Bow down before my superior muscle content

[edit on 26/12/2009 by OzWeatherman]

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join