It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If health care reform is right for America, why did 15 Senators need bribes? Who exactly got what?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Here is a list of who and what they got.

list

25% had to be bribed.I really have nothing else to say except this is deplorable.

[edit on 23-12-2009 by genius/idoit]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Yeah, and as a matter of fact, Senator Lindsay Grahm is checking the Constitutionality of these "backroom deals". This is a new low, even for Congress. This bill really sucks. Funny thing is, even if it passes, I just wont follow anything in it.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
sorry, double post.

[edit on 23-12-2009 by kingoftheworld]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

Becuase due to unfortunate circumstances where the corporate lobbyists have the senators pockets, we find ourselves having to bid for them. Its really not too hard to understand.

I agree, 25% of them had to be bribed because for years they've had the healthcare corporations shower them with thousands in campaign funds. Its a damn shame.

These are our representitives, and yet we have to still bid for them to vote.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

No, maybe in a couple of the senators, but Nebraska for example wanted exclusive medicare funding, and so that's why they went along with the bill. So it was not all just corporations, which is still bad.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingoftheworld

No, maybe in a couple of the senators, but Nebraska for example wanted exclusive medicare funding, and so that's why they went along with the bill. So it was not all just corporations,

Thats the kind of talk straight from the media outlets. The leftwing will sugarcoat this and make as if the Dems were bribed for their states, but we all know that there are Dems who are just as much in the tank for the healthcare corporates as the Republicans are.

Ben Nelson and his connections to the healthcare industry:
www.campaignmoney.org...

For example, Senator Nelson has raised just over $2 million from the insurance and healthcare lobbyists over his last three election campaigns. Just those three we're counting here.

Sure sure sure some of the healthcare pushers will make as if this was just about who's state gets what while covering the fact they had been bidding the highest price for their fellow Dem senators. It is sad sad sad.

[edit on 23-12-2009 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Might also want to add, if this health care coverage is sooooo good, why isn't BO, congress, senate giving up their coverage for this?

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

I can't argue with that logic. It is really sad that either corporate interests, or personal benefits take priority over the people. And I don't want to turn this into a partisan debate. This is about crappy legislation, not dems and rep.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by kingoftheworld

Look agree with you there. As a strong healthcare reformist, I can say for certain this bill was for the most part ripped to shreds thanks to the healthcare corporations. The corporations won, we the people lose. Its just another day in DC.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Kids these days!

Do you have any understanding at all whatsover how politics works and has worked from the dawn of time? Obviously not. Most amusing. This kind of dealing
goes back, oh lets see....FORVEVER in ANY government or society you care to name. the complete cluelessness and naivety of most ATS'ers is amazing! Hope you enjoyed your ride on the turnip truck!

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
…while covering the fact they had been bidding the highest price for their fellow Dem senators. It is sad sad sad.

It’s not just sad – it is an abomination of everything that this country was founded upon. It is an outrage to all the ideals that so many have worked, sacrificed and died for in this great land. And now, this country is literally being sold out by the people that were elected to preserve her. These liars, these thieves, these Judases have traded our freedoms for a pittance.

A demonic horde has descended into our halls of government. They curse and despoil everything that this nation raised up. Their oaths of office are but shameful spit upon the ground that was sanctified by the sweat and blood of our forefathers. Their greedy hands strangle the breath of Liberty from the people.

This great nation is not in her grave yet, but her pulse is slowing, her breath is growing fainter. Start crying now because you are witnessing the death of your country before your eyes.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by passenger]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

It's their job. Bring home the pork. A national elected position, supposed to be for all of the people, but, for, mostly, their constituents. It's a potentially fraudulent system, and, for sure, there are critters who will take advantage of it. "A more perfect union".
That's a sort of funny phrase if you ask me.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321
Might also want to add, if this health care coverage is sooooo good, why isn't BO, congress, senate giving up their coverage for this?

Actually, what the Senate has proposed is EXACTLY what they (and all federal employees) have:

A wide range of options from different insurers which can be tailored to fit each individual and/or family. These options are offered on a competitive, government-sponsored exchange much like the one in the proposed bill. This coverage often doesn't require co-pays or deductibles.

I've seen your complaint so often by so many people who obviously have not bothered to do the research that it's getting very old. It's just become a right-wing mantra that gets parroted mindlessly.

As for the OP, yes, the Democrats do some wheeling and dealing. So do the Republicans. Most Repubs are heavily in the pockets of the drug and insurance companies, so their opposition to the legislation is equally bought and paid for.

Deals were made to pass Social Security and Medicare when they were created, too. Bartering and compromises are made on ALL legislation and this has been true since the beginnings of Congress.

BTW: You don't hear of many people today who refuse their Social Security checks or want to end Medicare, however.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
From Article

-"Apparently, so was Harry. While Reid was manically brokering deals with 15 states on the fence, he neglected to do anything to help Nevada's bankrupt budget and crumbling economy. The Senate's most powerful leader forgot about the folks back home, where residents are ranked among the 5 worst states in health care, education, unemployment and stimulus funds.
But there is good news for the nation and Nevada: Harry Reid comes up for re-election in eleven short months. Nevadans will have a chance to topple the leader of the bribing debauchery and turn their formerly purple state a brilliant shade of blood red."-end

Yay for me. I get to have bloody hands according to the article. Instead, On the voter ballot for re-election, ill just prick my finger with a needle, and drip blood on the ticket, let em know I am not playing when I am voting them into office(or out). Too many crooked people out there trying to get their hands on taxpayers dollar. We need new dogs watching the henhouse. Dogs that dont let go when they bite. Time to go feed the pit, night.

Edit-cg

[edit on 24-12-2009 by Common Good]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

why did 15 Senators need bribes? Who exactly got what?

im guessing you were more towards the latter side of your split personality when you posted this so ill put it simple:

Senators are greedy, money hungry bastards. Republican/Democrat alike.

To quote a GREAT movie line:

If you're good at doing something, never do it for free
- Heath Ledgers Joker

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Sadly this is politics as usual in Washington. They stopped working for the people long ago, its all about the lobbyists now.

The two parties that control our government are so corrupt and beyond repair. Only a revolution would change the way things are done.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

Actually pat of the insurance pool is modeled after what Congress gets. When you have more people, the lower the cost is for everyone.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by passenger

No one likes a drama queen.

My grandfather was one of those people. Volunteered two tours of duty in WWII. He gladly took Social Security and medicaid.

And he didn't fight so his grand-daughter got raked 15,000 a year by insurance companies for simply being sick.

Do you know that people already pay for other people's insurance. When a company evaluaties a client company, they figure in all the children, ages and diseases.They have target companies they pander too simply because they are cheaper.

Insurance companies have also risen rates for entire companies of employees in effort to drive one or two sick people out.

50% of all bankruptcies in the US are due to medical costs.

$15,000 die each year from not having medical insurance.

Our VETERANS shouldn't have to choose between food or prescriptions.

We should't have to run to Mexico or Canada to get affordable prescriptions.

Next time you complain about schools, there is a direct correlation between a child's health and how well they do in school.

At no time in a country as rich as ours should children go without health care.

So by your mantra, a great country is one that favors the power of companies over the welfare of the people.

How sad.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by nixie_nox]

[edit on 24-12-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
and the other side of your conversation here is that there are just as many, if not more, republican senators getting paid by the health care industry to vote AGAINST it.

It goes both ways man. Don't be so blatantly void next time.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
These Politicians are crooks.

They waste and spend money and then pay each other off with bribes using tax payer dollars like it's play money.

This is why Harry Reid worked behind closed doors.

Anyone with half a brain knows this will increase the debt. We already have over 12 trillion in debt, they just raised the debt ceiling and 150 trillion in unfunded liabilities.

The way you get around this is lie with a straight face to the American people.

The CBO is a joke. They just score a bill based on your assumptions. So the Politicians play with the numbers and they make Bernie Madoff look like a saint.

This is why the bill is front loaded with taxes and medicare cuts that will never happen.

They will not cut Medicare by half a trillion dollars. This is a joke.

If I sent the CBO projections that say I will be a millionaire in 10 years and I factor in me hitting the lottery in 2 years, the CBO would say if all of these assumptions hold then I will be a millionaire in 10 years.

They admitted the Bill will increase the debt because you can't use the same money to reduce the debt and increase the life of Medicare for 9-10 years like Reid and Obama have been saying.

The budget gimmick's forced their hand.

These people just waste and spend our money. They waste and spend wealth that hasn't even been created yet.

Like Nany Pelosi spent $3,000 on flowers. People will say 3,000 dollars is nothing. The fact is, Pelosi is a multi-millionaire. She couldn't spring for flowers?

We pay Magazine prescriptions for these people, gas and every little thing. This is why the percentage of millionaires is high in Congress. Over half of the Congress are millionaires.

www.opednews.com...

This has got to stop.

These people are out of control when it comes to wasting and spending money. They are psycopaths.

Oh-oh! Politicians share personality traits with serial killers: Study

Using his law enforcement experience and data drawn from the FBI's behavioral analysis unit, Jim Kouri has collected a series of personality traits common to a couple of professions.

Kouri, who's a vice president of the National Assn. of Chiefs of Police, has assembled traits such as superficial charm, an exaggerated sense of self-worth, glibness, lying, lack of remorse and manipulation of others.

These traits, Kouri points out in his analysis, are common to psychopathic serial killers.

But -- and here's the part that may spark some controversy and defensive discussion -- these traits are also common to American politicians. (Maybe you already suspected.)

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

I have been saying this for years. The only thing that has kept us free of tyrants and dictators is the Constitution because it limits their power.

This is why I couldn't vote for Obama. He said in a 2001 radio interview that the Constitution is fundamentally flawed because it restrains government and doesn't talk about redistribution of wealth.

If it doesn't stop, pretty soon they will remove the Constitution as a barrier to their lust for power through martial law if they have to.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) spent $2,993 in taxpayer money on flowers between June and October. House Majority Whip James Clyburn has a thing for Chantilly Donuts, spending about $265 at the Virginia shop in the past quarter.

House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) racked up about $24,617 in catering costs. House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) spent about $1,561 in bottled water and House Majority Whip James Clyburn (D-S.C.) spent no money on water but a touch over $18,000 in food. House Minority Whip Eric Cantor (R-Va.) spent about $24,116 on food and beverage

www.politico.com...

This is just crazy and the health tax/debt bill is just another example.

We are in debt up to our eyeballs and they can't pay for their own donuts?

[edit on 24-12-2009 by Matrix Rising]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join