It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN to produce bullion coins as world currency

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
This appears to be the same hoax as the amero hoax from last year.
Must be GLen Beck fans hard at work for goldline.

hahahaha.

I'll take a few ounces of gold at 50 bucks an ounce though!

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Here is one I found.

www.goldline.com...

Now, gold coins from United Nations
CommodityOnline
December 19, 2009

Now, the United Nations is also lured by the glitter of gold. In a bid to raise money for its projects, United Nations has licensed the minting of gold bullion coins bearing its logo to provide a public option world savings currency.

Oro gold coins are hoped to contribute to making the UN better funded by 2015, with revenue rising by ten to 15 per cent.

The coins are set to be produced in Europe and then distributed globally, with any licensee able to produce such bullion under contract....

UN coins were previously made purely for commemoration in the 1970s, but they hold no monetary value.

This is, IMO, a way to just sell gold, not promoting a One World Currency. I would be more concerned with things like this, to be honest:

United Nations Proposes New "Global Currency"
www.cbsnews.com...

And this one really worries me the most, as the Gulf Oil nations have already formed a new stock exchange excluding the US:

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Gulf petro-powers to launch currency in latest threat to dollar hegemony
The Arab states of the Gulf region have agreed to launch a single currency modelled on the euro, hoping to blaze a trail towards a pan-Arab monetary union swelling to the ancient borders of the Ummayad Caliphate.

If you have not seen the millions of gold commercials on television, I dunno...

For anyone to actually spend a gold $20 coin, or any ounce of gold coin for that face value, has to be nuts. This is the UN attempting to get a corner on the gold market and make some money.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Great find! I just emailed the article to a friend who keeps on calling me a nut about a world government becoming reality. I guess we "conspiricy weirdos" and "new world order nuts" were right, lol.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
2 "strange" things with this one...

1) why is the link just an IP address with no DNS? anyone can host their own web site without too many problems...

ty-in-f132.1e100.net [74.125.153.132]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by 22-250
Would you like to buy a one ounce gold coin for 50 bucks Mr.American.. No thanks.

Isn't gold going to be worth more $ day after day?

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I knew the USD was failing hard, and this just proves to myself and a lot of others that it will happen happen sooner than thought more than likely. Everybody should cash in their cash and buy some silver.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

You're probably right, but, I would much rather the one world currency to be a coin than a computer chip in the hand, head or wrist.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Meesterjojo

Agreed. The examiner is not exactly a viable source........

When posting new threads, lets take the time to research properly....

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I do not see this as a world currency move in any way. The folks that founded the UN are also some of the owners of the Federal Reserve of the US and the Federal Reserve franchises of the cartel that are spread across the globe. The names Rockefeller and Rothschild come to mind.

The last thing these guys would ever want to deal with is Real Money, gold and silver, and the limitations a physical metal backing a currency brings with it. A backed currency causes the banksters to be more honest in their reserve holdings and the fractional reserve bankstering they now practice would not be possible.

Without the use of fiat currencies that the various franchise branches of the cartel around the world utilize as "money", the banksters would not be able to cause their boom/bust cycles in which they build up the economy and then tear it down to purchase the assets of the bankrupt for pennies on the dollar, to be repeated over and over again and again until the rape and pillage is complete and a once sovereign nation is stripped of any and all resources and value (like the US right now). Without the carrot and stick of the printing press and interest rates they cannot manipulate and destroy the wealth of entire nations. "Real Money" is liberty and freedom. It's value is not controlled by criminals, it's value is controlled by a scarcity in nature. An interesting side note... silver is only formed inside of super novas. When the earth runs out, unless another off planet source is mined, it's gone. Their is an investment tip in there too.

I do not see this as any more than UN touchy feel good propaganda. They will no doubt take a share of the profit from the various licensed mints that will produce these coins. It does not say that the UN will provide the gold, just the license to use their design in minting.

You want to talk about the scary one world currency then look at the SDR or "Special Drawing Rights". That is the UN's one world currency and it can currently be used in the US for postage. It is a of course a fiat currency.

I do recommend holding physical metals at this point though as the Federal Reserve Note will return to its intrinsic value of zero. The currency crisis cometh. I don't know if it will take 2 months or 5 years for the default of the "Federal" government, but the writing is on the wall, and the FRN is a dead man walking.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I think it would be best to wait and see what happens with this over the next 6 months. There has been a lot of talk about a new world currency this year. And so to just dismiss it regardless of the sources is naive. One only needs to look at the world events over the last year or two, to see something is brewing.

Lucky for me, i invested in gold and silver when it was $600 oz, so im sitting pretty good now and watch this kind of thing closely. I believe the dollar will crash, it's just a matter of time. What happens after that is anybody's guess, but i wouldn't be surprised to see the Amero or a new world currency emerge out of it.

The Amero would make more sense because after the dollar crashes, they would form the NAU, which would combine our resources from all 3 countries to back the new Amero. It would then be able to compete with the Euro and others. In Canada we have a whack of untapped resources, like oil/gas, acres and acres of farmland, coal, gold, u name it, we got it.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dave157
Oh boy oh boy

the one world government thing doesn't sound so nuts now huh?

Funny thing is... there's no source for this claim. And the examiner has claimed all kinds of BS stories recently that never happened!

[edit on 24-12-2009 by john124]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
the link posted in the 1st post this is what I got...

The page you are trying to access has been identified as a known exploit, phishing, or social engineering web site and therefore has been blocked for your safety. Without protection, such as that in the AVG Security Toolbar and AVG, your computer is at risk of being compromised, corrupted or having your identity stolen. Please follow one of the suggestions below to continue.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
My $0.02 is... Don't you find it kind of odd the major countries all went bankrupt and abolished the Gold/Silver standard (unconstitutionally) to pave the way for centralized banks with fiat currency.

I'm always finding myself asking, where is all the gold? An insane amount of gold that used to furnish our reserves was ILLEGALLY sold to pave the way for this system of mafia-influenced book keeping fronting as a banking institution.

Now at the climax of these nation's economic collapse, the U.N. is releasing a Gold/Silver standard? No doubt made of the same metals looted from nations such as the USA, and UK.

This may be the central driving force behind these changes we are all experiencing, the correlation to the mark of the beast.

I'm reminded of a passage from the bible, though I am not Christian...

“Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s, and unto God the things that are God’s”

I'm reminded of this because the meaning behind can illuminate the current situation if the U.N. does release world currency.

Jesus was asked by some (reference help please?) people, about paying taxes to trick him into either admitting he is spiritually flawed as a Rabbi(sp?) or a traitor for disagreeing with taxes.

Long story short, Jesus asks them whose face is on the coin? (Ceasar's). So you should pay Ceasar with his own tribute to himself. And pay tribute to God with that which has his likeness upon it (ourselves).

Anyways it was mainly because the size of a nation was mostly due in part to the size of it's currency's reach. Ceasar ruled the world, and I feel confident the system which is descended from that same Roman law is now behind this global fiasco of government.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Thanks for your replies, even those of you who took chunks out of me.

When I first encountered the article it was up like a normal web page. Then the next time I clicked I got some page saying the story was down temporarily and would be back up in 15 minutes. So i linked to a google cache. Now posters are saying the whole thing is gone. So either its something that somebody doesn't want people to know about it or its meaningless from the beginnning.

"Gold is just gold no matter who issues it," true, but the real question becomes who issues it? Who controls the flow?

There is said to be about $11 billion in pure gold reserves owned by the government...that's not very much when you think about the hundreds of billions in various emergency financial stuff that seems to get handed out like candy these days. Although the US is still the world's largest holder of bullion, followed by Germany and then the rest of the "usual suspects."

The US itself admits the deficit is set to double in ten years, but that's still far undersestimating the true issue when programs like medicare like social security and non-governmnet massaged stats are taken into account. Also, the US is ramping up the amount of credit it is creating, the amout of debt it is taking on. With the US debt so high and something like 70% of dollars abroad, if people get nervous they might start selling off their wads of dollars and dollar-denominated assets for gold, among other things.

This would have the effect of draining physical gold away from the US...its exactly the sort of thing Nixon tried to stop by going off the gold standard, but what if its no longer possible because the "full faith and credit of the US government" which backs the dollars has been abused too much in the last 35 years?

So if suddenly the petroleum-exporters and/or Asian creditors start demanding gold, the US could have a real probkem on its hands, faster than most people realize. See how this impacts geopolitics?

[edit on 12/24/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Meesterjojo: I'd flag you if I could

As it is you get a star for pointing out this uninformed, and unresearched silliness, which is nothing more than wishful thinking on the part of the OP.

OP: Your ATS stock is crashing - and that is a fact!

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akkadian

Agreed. The examiner is not exactly a viable source........

When posting new threads, lets take the time to research properly....

.......says one guy that has never made a thread to another guy who has never made a thread.
Losers.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Until there are more credible sources confirming such information, I wouldn't get too excited.

Once again folks, stop jumping to conclusions and start asking questions of the authenticity of these articles.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mryanbrown
My $0.02 is... Don't you find it kind of odd the major countries all went bankrupt and abolished the Gold/Silver standard (unconstitutionally) to pave the way for centralized banks with fiat currency.

I'm always finding myself asking, where is all the gold? An insane amount of gold that used to furnish our reserves was ILLEGALLY sold to pave the way for this system of mafia-influenced book keeping fronting as a banking institution.

I've always wondered that too. Where is all the gold? I mean, that even if all the gold was locked up under the Vatican or somewhere in the US, what good is it? Is there a faction of society that is hoarding all the gold away for a rainy day?? What sense would that make?

Makes me wonder if they are saving for when the Annuanaki return? They were the ones mining it in the first place some 450,000 years ago. To replenish their atmosphere or something to that affect. Might explain why gold is the most valuable form of trade, and holds it value?

I'm thinking that if Sitchin was right, TPTB could be saving it all for their return??? Other than that, what would someone use all that gold for?? Can't really do anything with it, other than make jewellry or something.

I know this may be a bit off topic, but i've always wondered why gold is the most important metal around, and Sitchin's explanation makes the most sense to me.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by eArth33lr

Originally posted by mryanbrown

I've always wondered that too. Where is all the gold? I mean, that even if all the gold was locked up under the Vatican or somewhere in the US, what good is it? Is there a faction of society that is hoarding all the gold away for a rainy day?? What sense would that make?

Makes me wonder if they are saving for when the Annuanaki return? They were the ones mining it in the first place some 450,000 years ago. To replenish their atmosphere or something to that affect. Might explain why gold is the most valuable form of trade, and holds it value?

I'm thinking that if Sitchin was right, TPTB could be saving it all for their return??? Other than that, what would someone use all that gold for?? Can't really do anything with it, other than make jewellry or something.

I know this may be a bit off topic, but i've always wondered why gold is the most important metal around, and Sitchin's explanation makes the most sense to me.

I saw a squib in one of the papers a few years ago that the banks in Geneva and Zurich were all having to build massive new vaults because the amount of gold pouring in from all over the world was far outsripping the ir capacity to handle or even thier wildest dreams.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
@silent and earth.

I often hear the simple answer. "People are hoarding it." And like you say, it makes no sense. Gold has zero value if you're the only one, or few with it. People will just take it.

It has technological purposes. But you're right. Sitchin(sp?)...

idk, I do know this...

tpuc.org and John Harris

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join