It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN to produce bullion coins as world currency

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

UN to produce bullion coins as world currency

The announcement by the United Nations this week that it will license the minting of silver and gold bullion coins bearing the UN logo may be the button that launches metal prices into orbit.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Here we go folks, one-world currency ready or not. Made of pure gold, issued by the UN. Pretty picture at link, too.

I thought about putting this in the economic ("global meltdown") forum, but I think the implications are wide-ranging enough that it deserves "breaking news" treatment.

For one, it is the first time the United Nations has ever tried to create a one-world currency, and this has implications far beyond the current economic situation or even economics in general. It represents a massive power-shift on a global level, and has all sorts of geostrategic implications, including how people pay for (and fight for) energy sources, how world trade is conducted and settled, how this could impact the dollar and other national currencies, the potential destablizing effects, etc.

The other urgent thing is that THIS WILL ACTUALLY HAPPEN. THis is not the UN "mulling" or "speculating" issuing a currency...its something that's actually going down. The speed and unexpected nature of this announcement is apt to raise a more than a few eyebrows...or gun-barrels, for that matter.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Oh boy oh boy

the one world government thing doesn't sound so nuts now huh?

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Would you like to buy a one ounce gold coin for 50 bucks Mr.American.. No thanks.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
As interesting as this might be, I have not been able to find anything at all except copies of the OP's quote. And the link is to a cached page, the original is no longer there. Anyone find any other sources?

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I wouldn’t worry about the immediate impact of this. It’s much like the American Eagle Cold Coins in who the heck can afford them? Where the heck would you spend them? How the heck can stores set a fluctuating rate and actually make change on them, and what change would they be paid in?

It’s a way for the U.N. to get in on the commemorative precious metals coin market and to start getting into the currency business from a marketing standpoint but that’s about it. 20.00 gold coin at today’s gold rates would have to be about the smallest coin ever made. Even a 100.00 gold coin would be amazingly small, and it’s doubtful too many people would find a practical everyday use for them.

Some collectors, a few investors, some well intentioned parents buying a keepsake of value for their kids would be about the limit of that market, can you say Susan B. Anthony Dollar? What about the infamous Two Dollar Bill that not too long ago a man tried to spend one at a local Burger King and the cashier called the police thinking it was some kind of counterfeit after refusing to accept it, I wouldn’t loose any sleep over this one.

Remember the New World Order has it’s share of incompetent bad idea people too!

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Chainmaker

Yes I'd agree, the fact that the coin says "future world currency" kind of gave it away for me.

It's just wishful thinking on someone's part.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I wouldn't mind a "One world Currency" if it was indeed Bullion .. I don't really care who's logo is on it, the Nation with the most coins is the big cheese.. ah yes, then we can go back to the days of pillaging other nations for their coffers, leaving a swath of destitute waste in our paths for shiny coins and pretty rocks.

But no seriously.. or maybe the above is serious.. I'm all for a One World Currency based on Gold/Silver.. before "Fiat" money (for lack of a better term since Gold is indeed a Fiat currency) Gold and Silver were Internationally recognized forms of currency .. who ever owned the coin simply put their own face on it. unfortunately with a Gold Standard... you cannot have a National Deficit.. simply doesn't work.. it's why we moved off the Gold Standard to begin with.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Gold and silver are already the "One world currency" and have been since coinage has existed.

The UN or anyone stamping their name on the coin changes nothing. One ounce of gold is still one ounce of Gold whether it says Mickey Mouse on it or the Austrian mint.

[edit on 24/12/09 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Man, a 10 dollar gold coin just doesn't have the same buying power any............more. As for me, if a coin doesn't have New World Unit engraved on it, it ain't authentic and I won't accept the others in payment. just saying.............

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Meesterjojo

Amen, to that blast

but...further, the content of pure precious metals in any coinage will of necessity be a small percentage....

like say the delayed 'Gulfo' coin that will have several mixtures of PMs,
which will vary the range in worth/value of the coin...lets figure
a few milligrams of gold in a 10-50 'Gulfo' coin to the full 100% 24kt gold coin which may never have a set value attached to it
[think of 3 Gold Gulfo's purchasing a current model vehicle, or 25 Gulfo's buying a modest 1,500SF home, lot is extra]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Nice Meesterjojo, just what needed to be said.
This whole post is absolute nonsense. The article's first graph has nothing to do with the graphs that follow, and there's no-one at the Fed named Pat Paulsen, and I can't find any corroborating evidence on the U.N. web site.
Silly stuff, and not up to usual ATS standards.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by kenochs]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
In a way, this could be a stroke of genius on the part of the NWO. Commonly, those people who are aware of and oppose the NWO are the same people who hold gold and silver. What better way to 'bring them round' to the idea of one-world currency than to use the form of currency which will likely make these 'dissenters', these thorns-in-the-NWO's-side, filthy rich?

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Perhaps this story should not be dismissed so rapidly. Although many articles on the net that relate the same story refer back to or echo the OP's source, not all of them do. The following is one example. Interestingly it puts a more subtle slant on the story, suggesting the initial plan is to issue the coins in a bid to raise funds for UN projects:

NEW YORK (Commodity Online): Now, the United Nations is also lured by the glitter of gold. In a bid to raise money for its projects, United Nations has licensed the minting of gold bullion coins bearing its logo to provide a public option world savings currency.

Oro gold coins are hoped to contribute to making the UN better funded by 2015, with revenue rising by ten to 15 per cent. The coins are set to be produced in Europe and then distributed globally, with any licensee able to produce such bullion under contract.

There is a danger that if the US dollar weakens, there will be a strong move towards the Oro. In turn, this could potentially drive the value of the coin up to a level where international governments will not allow it to be circulated...

Source

Funny thing is, it's not exactly subtle is it? Who do they think they're kidding?..

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
The link takes you to "Blank Page" and AVG found a threat. The link should be removed by a mod if there really is a threat.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Is it just me, or does anyone else ever get the feeling some posters don't want a story to get out?

It may be a sign this deserves much closer examination.

Looking forward to what other posters dig up...

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by oneinthesame

Just found this, hope it helps. www.gold.org...
second line if needed.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by Chance321]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join