It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Football Manager Can not be named!!! UK Media Frenzy!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
A Manager can not be named in the uk after he visted a brothel.

There is information on him being married and with kids but the media can not print his name due to human rights acts passed into law a few years ago in the uk.

Is that obsurd or what?

Censorship has hit a new high in the UK today...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
What would a football coach be doing in the UK in the middle of football season? Oh wait, you must be talking about soccer....nevermind.

[edit on 23-12-2009 by Carseller4]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

That's the first thing I thougth too. HA! No but seriously, I feel bad for you "blokes" in England, hopefully you guys can do something soon.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

no we mean football, soccer is some stupid american name, why do you call rugby football?

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by THELONIO

Rugby and Football are two different sports here, despite their similarities. We call your guys' Football soccer, why I do not know. I think it's because we came up with a better sport to call football

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by spirit777child

More than likely it's not Wenger - he's into teenage boys...

Go the Gunners..!

If I had to take a guess...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a7600c969aea.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I am always baffled by the obsessive interest people seem to have about what famous people are doing with their genitals in private. perhpas they feel that famous people have discovered a better way to use them or something.

As for this case, at the very least it is his business alone and at the most it is the business of him and his wife.

Let me see, consenting adults, private, hmmm... the only thing I can come up with is "not our business, so why should we care?"

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Why is this even at ATS? This should be in BTS. Besides that fact....

A Manager can not be named in the uk after he visted a brothel.

Why should we need to know? As the above poster says, why are we interested in what he does with his genitalia?

This whole Tiger Woods incident had blown out of proportion because the media had to get on to it like savage wolves. I mean, when he's on the field let us know everything, in his personal life, leave the guy alone.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Actually, the word 'soccer' traces its origins back to Germany, not USA. Also, American Football has very little in common with Rugby, if at all.

Sorry for the off topic points...

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by spirit777child

lol, I saw that headline when I went to the shops earlier. Good ol' xmas food shopping.

I really don't understand how it made front page. There are much more important things worth discussing, and letting the people read about, but, no. Bloody idiots, the lot of them. I couldn't care less if he's been to a brothel, whoever he may be, it's his business, and his bad karma, not mine.

The fact that it's snowed twice and stuck in the past week, today with 4 inches of snow, deserves front page more than that junk, in my opinion. Seriously, it's incredible. It actually stuck! It's ruddy freezing! Freak weather or what. By the way, I live by the coast near Blackpool, it's very rare to get snow here that sticks, nevermind twice in a week, with more than decent amounts.

I apologise for sharing my amazement and happiness, but, ya know, it's worth the front page, if they think a football manager at a brothel is good crap to show!

[edit on 24-12-2009 by Alesanjin]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
The difference between rugby and american football is that rugby players play just as physically hard a sport but dont need to get padded up like a sad tart to do it ..

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Nice some privacy for once, you go football manager!, go to all the brothels you want, surely if the press know who it is the family know

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
My brother has just started working for the "Gutter" press and has told me some funny celebrity stories that will never see the light of day, due to injunctions and litigation's. If you've got the money, it's quite easy to keep your misdemeanors out of the pulic eye it would seem.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Yes there is a privacy issue but there is also the fact that these people who get highly paid just for kicking a bag of wind about a pitch for ninety minuets are public figures and role models. Not to mention the fact that negative publicity on a publicly traded company, of which most clubs are, can adversly affect shareholders.... So not only is this manager-and i think we all know who he is-bringing shame on himself and his poor wife, he is also putting a stain on the club he manages, and will maybe have the knock on effect of him loosing integrity in the eyes of both players and supporters alike... In the end of the day; its a game of two halves, and his other half will be as sick as a parrot at the mo (yes us girls can use footy puns too), and as a public figure, and a manager he should resign for the sake of the club....
Just glad its not the manager of West Bromwich Albion

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Selahobed
Yes there is a privacy issue but there is also the fact that these people who get highly paid just for kicking a bag of wind about a pitch for ninety minuets are public figures and role models. Not to mention the fact that negative publicity on a publicly traded company, of which most clubs are, can adversly affect shareholders.... So not only is this manager-and i think we all know who he is-bringing shame on himself and his poor wife, he is also putting a stain on the club he manages, and will maybe have the knock on effect of him loosing integrity in the eyes of both players and supporters alike... In the end of the day; its a game of two halves, and his other half will be as sick as a parrot at the mo (yes us girls can use footy puns too), and as a public figure, and a manager he should resign for the sake of the club....
Just glad its not the manager of West Bromwich Albion

I'm thinking of making a complaint to West Bromich Albion. Last Sunday I was on a train coming back from Manchester. I decided to buy a first class ticket as I was tired and wanted a relaxing journey home back south.
I was getting all comfortable in my first class seat , when a load of cocky arrogant young men joined me in first class. As a keen football fan I recognised many of the players. Scott Carson the obvious one along with Dean Kiley. There were quite a few young players as well.

Once on the train they decided to play electro on their laptop to the whole of the carriage. They bought up all the sandwiches and beer on the train, leaving me with a kit kat for lunch. They walked around the carriage like they owned it. There was little that I could do, I wasn't going to start having a go at 11 footballers.

Why they on a train in the 1st place. Well from what i could tell they had spent the night clubbing in Manchester and were returning to Birmingham. Never met such a bunch of arrogant pricks in my life.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingoftheworld

Rugby and Football are two different sports here, despite their similarities. We call your guys' Football soccer, why I do not know. I think it's because we came up with a better sport to call football

Tell that to near enough everybody outside the Us and they'd disagree. comments like that really grind my gears, fair enough you like you're sport but your being extremely bias in the process, I'll say football but you know I mean soccer. Why football's not big in the US is another matter.

On topic -

Probably Fabricated nonsense, the SUN know they can't name the manager. Therefore they could easily make up a big lie to sell their papers.

Woodwardjnr -

You should of said something mate, either to the workers or to the players. You're both on first class so you should be given the same service because their footballers does that make you a second rate customer ? It's a #ing joke.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by toshly]

[edit on 24-12-2009 by toshly]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I agree, you SHOULD put in a complaint.. What these overpaid morons need to realise is that they are ambassadors not only to the sport, but to the club and more importantly THE FANS... So you have my simpathy.. Dont get me wrong.. I love the baggies, and the first thing my dad ever bought me was a baggies kit.... Indoctrination that has stayed with me all of my life... I think im the only girl in the family who has owned a season ticket lol.... But I feel very let down when i hear stories like yours; so complain mate.. I hope the manager fines them and gives the a good roasting for it (Just not the usual roasting footballers seem to do).

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
[edit on 24-12-2009 by woodwardjnr]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Yes.... Mine too, but you shouldnt have named him on here in case lawyers see it and sue ATS...

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Selahobed

Yes.... Mine too, but you shouldnt have named him on here in case lawyers see it and sue ATS...

sorry I dont know nothing, nothing I tell ya

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join