It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ballon Boy parents are sentenced to jail.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
YOu all remember the Ballon Boy hoax?
Well this link below explains that the parents are going to jail.
The father for 30 days and the mother for 20 days.
www.cnn.com...

But thats my problem. These parents were just craving for attention. They didnt do much harm that affected a big mass of people. Yeah, it took up time on TV stations for a while and paramedics along with police wasted a couple of hours with "ballon boy" but are they really criminals for doing that? Maybe stupid, but i dont think they should get a criminal sentencing. I mean, why spend tax dollars to feed, clothe, and bathe them for the next two-three months? Why not just fine them a whole bunch to pay back the police dept and move on with our lives? This annoys me very much. Anyone else feel the same way?

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
On the other hand, once they are released they may get a reality show. But I don't think taxpayers' money should be spent on this. Oh well, whatchu gonna do?

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
They should definately have to pay back every cent of money that was wasted on tracking the balloon, and they should do a little bit of time in jail. This is because they have to pay that back too. They need a time out to see what they did was wrong. Not really, but they did get off light.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
AGREED. Much ado about nothing. Must have really been a SLOW news day around CNN/FOX and the rest of MANUFACTURED news outlets. A reasonable fine would have been nice. They will make a ton of cash from their TV show and book that should be out in about the next 15 minutes!

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by divinetragedy79

On the local news here where i live they stated that these people arent allowed to profit from this incident..

So I think the reality TV show might be canned since they arent allowed to profit from anything to do with that incident, considering they got famous from this incident that would include this tv show.. Just sayin...

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by divinetragedy79
Oh well, whatchu gonna do?

Protest? Voice your opinion, so it's heard?

It's your money, and there are little children involved.
This is not justice.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ethereal Gargoyle

Originally posted by divinetragedy79
Oh well, whatchu gonna do?

Protest? Voice your opinion, so it's heard?

It's your money, and there are little children involved.
This is not justice.

Yeah...Sounds more like paedophilia!

join