It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Does 'Avatar' Contain Hidden Messages?

page: 3
3
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I would like to point few things I did NOT like about the movie:
- conflict based story telling
- lots of violence
- monetary system propaganda - in future 150 years from now there will be no need for money
- double rebirth of Jake - propaganda of changing your natural body to a better one. In Matrix the message was - "It is NOT good idea to live in another reality and another (virtual) body - it is better to live in A REAL WORLD - however hard it is". Avatar message is - it is ok do damp your real body in exchange for more advanced life style.


I would also like to point out few things I did like:
- the different path of evolution of life on Pandora - it is more advantageous... as long as it is alive, because all life sees itself as ONE. This is also disadvantage - when physically disconnected (access points destroyed) it loses its advantage and is life similar to one on Earth with many fractional primitive tribes (civilisations).
- The Parable of Tribes - selection of power - when too civilizations (tribes or life forms) want the same thing, comes the necessity for power. The social selection favors more powerful - in this case Life on Pandora.



[edit on 2-1-2010 by FIFIGI]




posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Hidden message? I haven't seen the movie, but from what I've seen and heard, the message seems pretty up-front and blatant.
Some don't like the message, but movies have had messages forever. That's what many movies are. Stories with a moral or message.



posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas
 


Ava*tarGate
by Robert David

I see conspiracy theories everywhere:9/11 was an Inside Job and Pearl Harbor Was a LIHOP, A UFO Was Recovered at Roswell and the Apollo Moon Landing was a Hoax and of course the assassinations of famous people known by their three initials.Therefore, when Fox released Avatar, a mega budget film, with $500 million of other people’s money (“outside investors”), I get suspicious.

Read the rest at Dprogram.net
dprogram.net...



posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas
 


I just seen it on Tuesday and I liked it. It was cool to see how they would use the animals of their planet for transportation (very clean idea). I used to wonder if on earth people could of flown on some of the dinosaurs.

After watching it I began to think like what if:
humans are like avatars for some other beings and if so, THEN WHAT THE HE!! ARE WE and where are we.

the avatar concept is a way that humans could be intergrated into space abroad.

or can humans actually be the higher beings that can actually possess technology like this to interact with other species in space sorta like greys for draconians concept

The movie was a great 1 and it was open about the issues that would possibly be encountered if a more advanced species was to find a mineral of value located under the habitate of other living intelligent species like gold on earth and humans.

Also the casket type transmigration device was interesting hope that wasnt a clue if it was then cool (die and come back again sounds like the universe to me SMH eat and die to be born again REWAKENING) ALSO THE FACT THEY WERE ALL THE SAME COLOR WAS NICE TOO

The wild part is the Nibu people had an alien race encounter them trick them, then have one of the aliens become one of their best leaders in war to protect them THAT WAS MY STRANGEST OBSERVATION like how would that play out with the human race?????? VERY GOOD DISCLOSUR DEVICE INDEED






[edit on 1/7/10 by Ophiuchus 13]



posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
This movie had the typical plot of the evil, greedy white man wiping out the natives for gold/oil/diamonds/unobtainium. The East India Company mercenaries were typically mercenary and thoughtlessly evil. The natives were all in tune with nature and themselves [a Hollywood staple that has been perpetrated by mutual consent of the producers and viewing public] and this time they beat the evil doers...until the sequel. What will happen in the next episode, kids? Will Ming the Merciless try again? Will Hollywood make money? Stay tuned.
That said, it had terriffic computer generated scenes and the people who did that will be in demand. The director will take credit for the movie but the key is the computational team. Given that, any competent director could have done the trick. It was a safe movie to make and pressed a long list of typical audience buttons; quite effectively given the comments on this board.



posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FIFIGI
I would like to point few things I did NOT like about the movie:
- conflict based story telling
- lots of violence
- monetary system propaganda - in future 150 years from now there will be no need for money
- double rebirth of Jake - propaganda of changing your natural body to a better one. In Matrix the message was - "It is NOT good idea to live in another reality and another (virtual) body - it is better to live in A REAL WORLD - however hard it is". Avatar message is - it is ok do damp your real body in exchange for more advanced life style.


Okay, that's fair enough, things you did not like.

What exactly is wrong, or what do you not like about conflict based story telling?

Yeah, violence is everywhere, try and seek out non-violence and you're stuck with very little options in the movies, although I agree to an extent.

The cashless society is coming, whether they portrayed that in a 3-D movie, or not.

I'm not happy with the cashless society either.

I saw Jake going into the machine as a look into Remote Viewing.

The ethereal soul, leaving this physical body, and inhabiting another, also similar to what some people call a "walk-in".


Originally posted by FIFIGI
I would also like to point out few things I did like:
- the different path of evolution of life on Pandora - it is more advantageous... as long as it is alive, because all life sees itself as ONE. This is also disadvantage - when physically disconnected (access points destroyed) it loses its advantage and is life similar to one on Earth with many fractional primitive tribes (civilisations).
- The Parable of Tribes - selection of power - when too civilizations (tribes or life forms) want the same thing, comes the necessity for power. The social selection favors more powerful - in this case Life on Pandora.



[edit on 2-1-2010 by FIFIGI]


Yes, the creatures and their co-existence with the life forms, was intriguing.

If only the World Government would not harass those who wish to live this type of existence.

The world might be a better place.



posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Hidden message? I haven't seen the movie, but from what I've seen and heard, the message seems pretty up-front and blatant.
Some don't like the message, but movies have had messages forever. That's what many movies are. Stories with a moral or message.


Go see the movie, BH, silly, so you can post more of those beautiful thoughts on it.

Yes, most movies have a hidden message, not all do though.

Come on, come on, go see it, I think you will like it.

I see the message is a lot more neutral than most movies are.



posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
It has been said before but I'll be glad to repeat what many have said. It wasn't hidden, I'm sure it was just a message on the side of another GREAT movie. I can't see the racism to it at all (besides the tribes resemble blacks(for a lack of better terms (sorry black people, no racism intended))).



posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I believe it does.
It may contain hidden meaning.
Then again some of it was very obvious.


[edit on 7-1-2010 by SLAYER69]



posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LaxAndBeer
I can't see the racism to it at all (besides the tribes resemble blacks(for a lack of better terms (sorry black people, no racism intended))).


Yeah, good movie. Not fantastic, but I enjoyed it. The 3D aspect is an irritating gimmick, though.

I've heard people mention issues of racism, but haven't seen anyone really explain why. From what I saw....

[spoiler]does this work?[/spoiler]

ABE: obviously not, lol. Don't want to give the narrative away, so I'll keep it to myself.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by melatonin]



posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Every movie contains hidden messages. Avatar does have a pro-environment message - & I don't see anything wrong w/ that. I fail to see how there is an anti-war message, especially since war was the method used to defend the indigenous people's way of life. I also fail to see any racist message. Do reviewers even watch movies? Sometimes I wonder - funny how they missed other messages, such as there is life on other planets, that people can travel inter-dimensionally, & that there are military bases off planet, among other things.



posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
yep there's a hidden message in the movie. there always is.
just do a search using this phrase, "gays protest avatar"
basically, the movie is saying that there will be no sexual deviants in the future as there are no homosexual/lesbian/transgender characters in the movie.



new topics

top topics



 
3
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join