It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They Don't Know *Bleep* Where's That Damn Rabbit Hole

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
After seeing the "what the bleep" crowd suddenly bounce back to the top of the boards again I have decided to post a video featuring an interview with Victor Senger who will give an explanation on what is really going on in quantum mechanics.

I know the people who are dogmatic about the "bleep" phenominom will not be swayed, this is merely an attemp at a counter argument for those who don't just blindly accept everything they see just because it sounds lovely.

Take that "bleepers"

Just so everyone knows, I to was once mesmorized by "What the Bleep", but being scientifically minded I decided to look into it and came to a different conclusion.

[edit on 23-12-2009 by constantwonder]

[edit on 23-12-2009 by constantwonder]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Science can not explain everything. Take visions for example. These things are real but yet are unexplainable through science. I don't think science can explain visions so this is why humans look to other ideas. We are just not there yet.

Having experienced first hand a vision that came true over 20 years later is a powerful experience and is something that is out of this world with regard to science. It could have something to do with quantum entanglements. I can't explain it but our universe is stranger then we could ever imagine.

When you think you know the truth or you know everything is when you really don't know jack.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViperFoxBat

When you think you know the truth or you know everything is when you really don't know jack.

That's exactly the point. . . . neither the scientist or the philosopher know for sure the answer.

What I'm trying to show is that the ideas presented in these films are being portrayed in a certain light to push an agenda. If we're going to give information it's imparative that we have both views presented.

This video is an explanation of what quantum mechanics actually says. Not what a certain interpration says.

You can only tackle a subject objectively if you look at all the evidence not just the spin.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by constantwonder

Just so everyone knows, I to was once mesmorized by "What the Bleep", but being scientifically minded I decided to look into it and came to a different conclusion.
Well if you are so scientifically minded you should realize how some aspects of quantum mechanics do in fact show us that the mind can manipulate reality...

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

A lot of our inventions are already borderline metaphysical or miraculous(so are most of our theories.) Take the cellphone for example, how can sound be packaged as waves? It's only a matter of time before we can read thoughts, or at least develop the instruments to do so.

As far as altering reality with our thoughts, well I do believe that thoughts can alter our genes(which can only be expressed in the next generation, as at this point, we don't have a mechanism to express changes to our DNA instantaneously.) However, at this point, it's unclear how strong of a motive you need to have, in order for that to happen(from an evolutionary point of view, the requirement is "survival"). Furthermore, it's unclear whether how you should think, for that to change. For example, let's say you want to live forever, can we just simply try to envision how the DNA replication process works?

On the other hand, if you need a vision of how organs evolve, then they would have never evolved in the first place. After all, a giraffe never knew what a long neck looked like(and still doesn't), yet still developed it, by simply "yearning" for it. My theory then, is that if a group of people think of something, that is truely "heartfelt," then you have more chances of a change/mutation, of the DNA. Perhaps when we think of something that is heartfelt, the heart creates an electromagnetic field and transfers that information to the cells?

[edit on 23-12-2009 by np6888]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

This video is an explanation of what quantum mechanics actually says. Not what a certain interpration says.

Hmm, actually this is also an interpretation. As I can find another video of a quantum physicist saying the opposite. I posted one in the other thread remember.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S

Well if you are so scientifically minded you should realize how some aspects of quantum mechanics do in fact show us that the mind can manipulate reality...

its not reality thats manipulated its your perception of said reality that changes. . . perception is the variable

top topics

join