It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeking info on Muslim secret societies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 01:16 AM
link   
. . . since the crusades. For some reason, all info basically ends with the sixth crusade. I'm looking for MODERN info on these groups. Any help would be appreciated. Google is like the Rio Grande: a mile wide, an inch deep.

Assassins/Hashishim
Yezidi and Devil worship, esp. connections to Crowley/Lovecraft
Sufi
Ismaili
Dhruze

I'm looking for info on these groups, trying to determine their involvement in current world events.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
Assassins/Hashishim

The assassins as a group faded out around 1265 according to most historical records. However, their "technique" as it were has survived to modern times with suicide bombers and the 9/11 attacks. Here's a link about the comparisons:
Comparisons

Found some info about modern Assassin sects for you:

Since then the Assassins have been sparsely scattered through northern Syria, Persia, 'Uman, Zanzibar, and especially India, where they number about 150000 and go by the name of Thojas or Mowlas. They all acknowledge as titular head the Aga Khan of Bombay, who claims descent through the last grand master of Alamut from Isma'il, the seventh imam, receives over a tenth of the revenues of his followers, even in Syria, and spends most of his time as a sportsman between Paris and London.

If I'm not mistake Aga Khan is this man: Aga Khan
who seems to be kind of a decent guy.

Hope some of this helps. I'm interested in more on these topics too. I'll let you know if I find anymore.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 05:56 AM
link   
YES! that's the sort of thing I'm looking for.

I am trying to find the passage in Idries Shah's "THE SUFI" where he claims that the Ismaili sect is a descendant from the Hashishim.

I am beginning to think that the Hashishim are one of those red herrings of history that everyone lays claim to for the sake of their own illustrious history. Sort of like the way many western esoteric groups will try to claim a link to earlier groups: wiccans claiming to be the direct descendants of medieval witches; modern ritualists claiming to be offshoots of the Golden Dawn, everyone claiming the Rosicrucians . . .

What IS interesting about some of these groups in the Middle East is that they neither proslytize nor permit others to join. Ismaili, Dhruse, and Yezidi are specifically that way, so they are somewhat like mystery religions.

Did they get this way in response to Muslim fundamentalism, or was that attitude pre-Islamic?

Another group I'm interested in is the Mandaeans of Iraq. But so much has been read into their existence that it's a bit difficult to find balanced reporting on them.

Thanks again for another useful link, El_topo. Have a cigar.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   

[edit on 16-9-2004 by Tamahu]

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I'm sure you mean "Black Freemasonry" Tamahu.

In any event, as that thread shows, Masonry is no longer divided along ethnic lines, nor am I sure that this was ever strictly true. Nowadays, both Prince Hall and non-Prince Hall Lodges contain people of every ethnicity. Probably best just to leave it at that, I would say, rather than making the discussion needlessly complex.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Also, Prince Hall Freemasonry is not an Islamic organization. It is true that there are Muslims in PHA Masonry, but there are also Muslims in "mainstream" Masonry.
One of the most important Landmarks of the Fraternity is that it unites men of good character in the Society regardless of religious belief. Any organization that requires its initiates to be Muslim (or other) is not Masonic.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Exactly! I exactly agree with this. There are side organisations which some Masons join which require a given religious affiliation, but they are by definition not Masonic.

P.S. By the way, I notice that there is a libelous assertion in an above post that Yezidis are Satanists. This is simply and absolutely un-true. From what little I understand of the Yezidi doctrine, the religion appears to be a kind of reverse Gnosticism. Malak T'aus was a fallen angel, but he redeemed himself. Then, at some point, the Creator had to "abandon" the world for a time, and so Malak T'aus stayed on to watch over the world. Malak T'aus is without a doubt considered a "good," not an "evil" spirit.

P.P.S. If you are interested in the fine and lovely form of mysticism that is Sufism, why not simply start on a random page and work from there?

P.P.P.S. If you are interested in the kind, humble, and egalitarian Druzes (note spelling), why not start with the American Druze Society

[Edited on 25-5-2004 by AlexKennedy]

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The Hashishin's were an Order of Assassin's and were not necessarily considered a "secret society" in the magnitude as what we call 'secret societies' today.

The only Arabic true "secret society" that I can think of currently is the Roshaniya or the The Illuminated Ones, who flourished in Afghanistan.

seekerof

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
OK I found this to be disturbing...
Bill Clinton speech at the Whitehouse where aga khan was present....

"This conference, I think, comes at a rather pivotal time in human
history, because we all think we know what we mean when we talk about
cultural diplomacy. You know, you send your artists to us, we send our
musicians to you, we all make nice and everybody feels better. But the
truth is that the world is also full of conflict. Indeed, I was seeing Mr.
Lithgow out there and he may have thought that in the last two weeks he has
returned to the third rock from the sun. (Laughter.)

Let me say what I mean by this. The end of the Cold War, bipolar
world, and the emergence of a global information society have given rise to
two apparently contradictory forces. And what we came here to talk about
sort of falls in the middle.
First, you see, as we all get to find our own way at the end of
the Cold War, the emergence of a huge number of different racial,
religious, ethnic and tribal conflicts within and across national lines
that might commonly be called "culture wars" -- if you use culture in a
broader sense, and not just the sense that most of us use the word."

Just what are those two contradictory forces?????

I found this excerpt to be hilarious as well as off our topic (sorry) and I would assume this was pre Monica...lol

So cultural diplomacy does have the power to penetrate our common
humanity. And I say that not just in terms of the stars, but in terms of
the way people generally feel. And I was recently on our trip to Nigeria;
the First Lady of Nigeria dragged me out on to the dance floor to dance to
Nigerian music. And when I was in India, I went to a little village in
Rajasthan, Nilah (phonetic), and the village women got me in the middle of
their dancing and they showered me with thousands of petals of flowers.
And I understood, in a way that I never could have read from a book, how
they related to the world and what role music and the arts had in their
lives.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   

. . . since the crusades. For some reason, all info basically ends with the sixth crusade. I'm looking for MODERN info on these groups. Any help would be appreciated.
Yezidi and Devil worship, esp. connections to Crowley/Lovecraft

dr_s, hope this helps,
www.darklinks.com...
Scroll 1/2 way down, there's a section on Crowley
Sanc'.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   

[edit on 16-9-2004 by Tamahu]

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Another group I'm interested in is the Mandaeans of Iraq.
Thanks again for another useful link, El_topo. Have a cigar.

You're welcome, happy to help.

The Mandaeans you're referring to, are they the same as the group that believes Jesus was a false prophet and Christ was the true messiah? They too seem to be much more of a mystery religion than a true secret society, though I'm not sure if they have modern groups who's activities would fall into that category or not.
General Info on Mandaeans
Not much, but it seemed fair and acurate.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Here's a couple more links I thought might be helpful if you're still looking for Islamic Secret societies:
The Roshaniya
More on Assassins
Good general Info on Islam in context of Secret Societies
Happy hunting.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
You can't say that Sufism is a secret society. It's not. It's a way to find GOD, Peace and Truth with music and poetry.

What is Sufism ?

Parsis are an important secret society in middle-east : The parsi faith

And still alive :

www.pars1.com...

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
i get it!you ll like to read the ways all this people head it.ermsss if you search all this people and like to combine them as a jihad people,you are wrong there
the one who combining all of them is ALLAH no one know what his plan is?if you dont believe me please read NOSTRADAMUS prophecy.regarding on how all the jihad people ran around throught EUROPE and UNITED STATES

p/s not even him know how it was going too

top topics

join