It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooter targeting moving cars in Cleveland suburb; 4 vehicles hit since August

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Hey ATS, I did a search for this but came up blank!

Police Say Shooter Targeting Moving Cars in Ohio

A gunman appears to be targeting moving vehicles in a small patch of suburban Cleveland, hitting at least four cars in three shootings since mid-August, police said Tuesday. No one has been hurt.

All the shootings have happened on or near Prospect Street within a half-mile area in a residential neighborhood bordered by a park in the city of Berea. Investigators think the same person is responsible because the caliber of weapon is similar, police Lt. Gary Black said.

The latest shooting happened early Saturday just after midnight when the driver of an SUV found a bullet hole in a rear window near the roof.

Another driver, whose car was shot in August, said he found a bullet in his trunk after hearing what he thought was a firecracker.

Amazing, not 6 weeks since the execution of John Allen Muhammed, this person is still shooting up passing cars.

Sniper John Allen Muhammad executed

Washington-area sniper John Allen Muhammad was executed Tuesday by lethal injection, a Virginia prisons spokesman said.

The mastermind behind the Washington-area sniper attacks of 2002 that terrorized the nation's capital was declared dead at 9:11 p.m. ET, said Larry Traylor, director of communications for the Virginia Department of Corrections.

This person must be stopped, at the moment he/she is taking pot shots. But I think as the thrill of just going for the car wears off, the next step will be to go for the occupants.

This isn't the first time an Ohio resident has gotten their kicks from shooting at cars:

Ohio shooting suspect arrested in Las Vegas

COLUMBUS, Ohio (CNN) -- Charles McCoy Jr., 28, the suspect in two dozen Ohio shootings has been arrested in Las Vegas, Nevada, according to the Franklin County Sheriff's office.

Word of McCoy's capture came after his sister on Tuesday made a public plea for him to call home, telling her brother that "everything is going to be OK."

McCoy is suspected in 24 shootings since May 2003, most of them driving along Columbus's outerbelt highway. One of the shootings was fatal.

Strange coincidence that this is happening again in the same state.

Anyway ATS, I'll update this if it escalates, maybe it's a good idea to avoid Prospect Street in the mean time.

All the best ATS, Kiwifoot!

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I live in Ohio and right now live in Columbus where Charles McCoy went on his spree and they did not catch him until it escalated and he shot an elderly woman on the freeway and killed her.
I used to live in Cleveland and worked in right near Berea when I lived there. So they better concentrate on getting whoever is doing this before he does kill someone.

join