It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Glenn Beck Lost His Heart?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
And before you say this is a trick question he never had one please listen. I have been listening to him for about 10 months and in that time he has really made a change in our country good or bad depending on what side you may fall. But I have noticed lately he has really toned it down almost like he has given up or given in. He was the only one on t.v. saying the truth as I see it. Did he get paid off? Did he just give up? Was he a controlled opposition to begin with?

He has said over and over again next year we will really kick it up and make a difference. But if you truly knew something bad was coming and you could make a huge difference would you not do all you could and as fast as you could do it? The stupid book reviews and the specials with authors are a bunch of filler crap who does he think he is the next Oprah? How is he going to go down in history the clown who help start a movement and then sold out or as a patriot who loved his country? Only time will tell but for now I believe his choice is a sell out clown.

To be honest I actually thought he was going to make a difference but I believe his ego and money have gotten in the way. All the money in the world means nothing if you can not even look at yourself in the mirror. I have defended him many times and now I feel like a fool for it I hope I am wrong but the direction he is going actually makes me sick to my stomach. I truly hope he goes back to just putting the facts out there for everyone to see.

I would love to hear both sides so feel free to say what you would like. I love opposing views I believe it helps to find a greater truth.

[edit on 23-12-2009 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Beck isn't the spokesperson you are looking for.
In fact there isn't a loud voice around.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I think he has realised he has became the worlds biggest douche and has tried to tone it down and save some self respect. Look at the exposes all over the net about him profiting from gold etc his words are as empty as the US treasury.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
If you're looking for a loud voice who's neither Repube or Democrap...Michael Savage is the man you're looking for! He's loud, opinionated, obnoxious...and even if you don't agree with him, he's atleast entertaining! Plus he's got some good cooking tips! lol

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I have noticed the same thing. But, "they" did tell Glenn no more talk about the Birth Certificate issue (has anyone noticed he hasn't talked about it in over 2 months now??), and has anyone noticed that yesterday and today he dedicated both full hours on only 2 different people? Why is this so important? Because one of the biggest votes is upon us --Health Care, and Glenn Beck has taken a few steps back! Why? Why has he stepped back on the threshold of such a controversial subject and when it's so close? He's talked about it non-stop for weeks, and now, nothing.

Oh, Glenn, where are you amongst your tears?

I think he was told to step back at this crucial moment before the vote. Something weird is up.

Oh, Glenn, where are you amongst all of our fears?

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OneNationUnder

Outstanding!

Poetic and thought provoking!

Glen Beck likes to play fear-monger! He screams and cries about the problems but gives NO answers!
I used to watch him all the time. Even back when he was on CNN. But he's turned into such a wimp!

Something is most certainly up with him! "They" got to him!
They who are THEM!

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prof. Skrewloose
If you're looking for a loud voice who's neither Repube or Democrap...Michael Savage is the man you're looking for! He's loud, opinionated, obnoxious...and even if you don't agree with him, he's atleast entertaining! Plus he's got some good cooking tips! lol

I'm sorry...do you mean Michael Savage the openly Conservative loud mouth? Author of Beating the Liberal Blacklist? Author of The Savage Nation: Saving America from the Liberal Assault on Our Borders, Language and Culture? Author of Liberalism Is a Mental Disorder?

You mean that middle of the road chap?

Yep...totally objective fellow

-Kyo

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

Just because he dislikes liberals doesn't mean he's a fan of the republican party!

Whatever party is in power he doesn't hesitate to point out their flaws!

He's not perfect! I disagree with many things he's said. No one can please all the people all the time! But at least he doesn't cry on the air, or give in easily to anyone or anything!

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

Objective fellow?

Excuse me?

How the frack are you defining objective? Maybe someone that is not in bed with the enemy?

The enemy is the gov and anyone that thinks otherwise is an imbecile?

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

I am surprised he held out this long. Yes, his 180 degree turn is obvious as of late. Something changed. Say what you will about Beck, what he does / did works and I think he pressed the buttons a few to many times and someone took notice and has reached out with the muzzle.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Maybe his red phone finally rang and he got told to shut-up!

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

it was sarcasm...I mean to point out that I don't think Savage is at all objective...he himself has proclaimed himself a conservative

Let's take a page directly from his website...a CONSERVATIVE talk show host

www.michaelsavage.wnd.com...

-Kyo

[edit on 23-12-2009 by KyoZero]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Glenn Beck still is "The Voice". He has the energy, the passion, and the reason with which he does in fact make a HUGE difference. I myself have not noticed a toning down of any of the aforementioned characteristics, and I really have no idea how the OP construed their observations. Beck has done more than anyone else, in exposing WH radicals, and actually forcing them out of their positions.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Well, don't some of you think the boycotts back in September against the sponsors of his shows eventually affected him? Even the folks at Free Republic were worried and they among other groups tried to sponsor a counter boycott...but I don't think they were as effective.

He lost a lot of sponsors and they will come right back screaming and fighting and boycotting again if he stoops as low as he has in the past. He is a clown in my opinion but a dangerous one sometimes when he does things like mock executions and the poisoning of Nancy Pelosi on his show, etc.

www.freerepublic.com...

I can't believe I'm linking to this right wing sight, but otherwise some of you all wouldn't believe me. : )

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

Please give me a /s, sometimes my sarcasm meter is off.

Savage if not for some points is way more radical than I.

Anyway, sorry for the misinterpretation.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I personally detected something was askew a while back. It was right at the time of the "tea party" gathering's had come to a head, for the Washington conglomeration anyway.
I for one, find Beck very insightful and very truthful for finding the facts, though his demeanor sometimes riles his emotion's, he was pretty much spot on with his assumption's and eventual finding's, i.e. Acorn, Czars, etc.
His books have been doing well, and he has no discretion to make it a plug in every show, but if I had the kind of coverage that is offered in his position, I would probably do the same. Getting a bit tedious to listen to every episode though. I mean, we all know he has written and produced a few works already, no sense in beating the dog to death.
After he was hospitalized, his attitude did show sign's of change. Maybe, and this is a big maybe, the medications have become an issue causing him to be more laid back and unmelodramatic as he was before. And his being a recovering alcoholic characteristics may have lead him down a different path of addiction, this is only an observationally made opinion though. No one knows but he himself why he has been as unenthusiastic as he was at the beginning of his beliefs and morals, he is a true vanguard of this movement and without him, there probably wouldn't be anyone speaking of such thing's on the media side.
As for the WH being the culprit that is shutting down his opinion's and his attitude towards these past events? I don't think he feels as alone over these issues as he once did. People came out of the woodwork when he started his quest against the thing's that were being over looked by normal every day citizens, he has set the bar for the people that love this country, I am one of those people as well.
He, like all of us, have a story to tell, her just happened to get the right job with the right cause to wake up the American public too what is taking place, and justly so, Big Govs. is getting to scary, and only making thing's worse, we all know it.
So, if I had to make an educated guess as too why he has been somewhat dismissive or unenthusiastic, it is due to newly introduced medications for his anxiety/manic depressiveness type of issues.
I watch Glenn every day, some shows are better than others, but they all retain the kind of information and self realized morals I have for my friends and neighbor's, not to mention my family. His show has gotten me to research thing's that I never even knew about that was happening right here in the good ole US of A right under our nose's, it's kind of meeting your child's first date scenario. He/she might be a very intellectual and attractive individual, but you are always concerned for what you love, and that should never change in America, we are just going to have to fight for it harder now. And fight "I will!".
For the naysayers of the Beck show, "Then don't watch." and if you are any kind of open minded and responsible person, you would realize that these event's are unfolding right in front of our faces and becoming a very expiated reality for us as a whole.
Also, the show may be dampened by the holiday time scenario. Why have re-discussions of the doom and obvious gloom during such a time as Thanksgiving and X-Mas, which would be a very courteous act, if you some kind of etiquette and respect.

"The Glenn Beck Show Rocks!!" and I will continue to use it as an insight opposed to mainstream media. IMHO

Good thread OP, but not as drastic as one may think that Glenn's latest reactions and demeanor may be.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Who Cares.

I know this is a conspiracy forum, but Glenn Beck losing his heart ???

Is the world so slow that this is the material your coming up with ?

Maybe your a huge Beck fan, even then, .... who cares. He does what he does for a living, ... not to help you.

allright now, ... I'm off to write my thread titled " Do you think Glenn Beck should come out with his own clothing line "

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

I don't know what planet you are living on but Beck has had a huge influence whether you like him or not. And I have noticed that it is like he was threatened or finally caved. But to say he has no say in the world today is totally wrong. And love him or hate him he has done some very good things in the last 6 months. And if you think bringing down acorn and the communist czar f*cker was a bad thing you need to move to china.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prof. Skrewloose

I can no longer listen to the good Dr. Weiner. He refuses to take calls from people the screener deems too clever or too relevant. It is nice to be told "Sorry, no longer discussing that topic" just to hear another hours worth of hillbillies tell him how awesome he is and how much he deserves whichever degree he is bragging about having now.

This whining over Being banned in the UK came across to me much like Beck and his gold. Savage claims to be against gay marriage and affirmative action and the women's movement but when some other country with different rules refuses to sell his book....EQUAL RIGHTS!!!!!!!

Savage just makes me angry to listen to now. At least I can listen to him though. Beck is a whole other story.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

That's easy. FOX noticed that viewing plummeted during his show. Far from having the Howard Beale effect they were hoping for, it turned out even regular Fox viewers were going "Ah jeeze, it's crazy douchebag hour" and switched the channel. Top that off with his insane, fact-free rants scaring off sponsors, and you're left with a never-watched program that wouldn't be generating money even if people were watching.

FOX news was thus forced into the difficult position of either admitting that yes, their latest addition to the family was above and beyond what even they would tolerate, and thus drop him from the air... Or htey could tell him to cool the jets and try to win back some of the loyal FOX viewers, which results in loss of money but hopefully leads to a reversal of the trend.

Obviously Fox went for the second route because they can't afford to hire Charles Krauthammer to fill the "asinine conservative wackjob" spot that Beck's dismissal would leave vacant.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join