It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US War: President ignores Congress & Constitution -Dennis Kucinich

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Anger is growing among Americans - who say less money should be spent on the country's overseas military campaigns and more on tackling the country's domestic problems. U.S. congressman Dennis Kucinich, who spoke exclusively to RT's Dina Gusovsky, says America can no longer afford war-based economy.

Yet in response there is anger among the military and 9/11 hero's on the amount of the budget for next years defense as well.

[edit on 23-12-2009 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I have to give this a bump for the Kucinich fans i posted this at 3am the other day think it got washed down the drain with threads before anyone viewed it.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Good thread.

He makes a big deal about blaming the President. But he needs to convince the other 434 people in Congress.

They authorized the war, they opened the purse to fund the war, still have the purse opened, and the war won't end until they Congress decide to end it.

As of now, I don't see him getting those votes to pass his bill.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Of course the President ignores Congress and the Constitution. Congress themselves opened the door (which Dennis voted in the affirmative on this one) for the abuse.

Obama has not relinquished any of the "war powers" claimed by Bush, nor will he.

These wars result in little good, especially for a people with little to no democratic DNA. Shoot, it'd be nice if they had roads, let alone the right to vote or go to school.

Why is he, or anyone else, surprised by any of this?

top topics

join