It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar System Passing Through Highly Magnetised Interstellar Cloud

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
doesn't our solar system pass through this thing every 26,000 years or so anyway? if the thread like this was already posted after this one then why is the other one on the main page?? Somebody is not doing their job.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed

Interesting times and implications, but what sort of interesting times and implications? What does he mean by this?

More confirmation that Hannes Alfven's vision of cosmology is correct.

The probes are running into the double layer boundary of the heliosphere and the interstellar plasma field.

The magnetic fields they are detecting come from massive currents of electrically conducting plasma that power our Sun.

Magnetic fields in space plasma require moving electrons to account for them. They are surprised because standard theory says space is electrically neutral.

Scott in a 2007 paper.

Real Properties of Electromagnetic Fields and Plasma in the Cosmos .pdf

The local interstellar medium has an estimated ion–electron
pair concentration in the range of 0.01–1/cm3. Thus, the volume
between the Sun and its nearest neighbor contains some
6 × 1054 ion–electron pairs. However, quantitative calculations
based on simple electrostatic forces between such particles
lead to erroneous conclusions. This is because double layers
(DLs) separate cells of plasma in space (e.g., heliospheres)
such that electrostatic forces between bodies that are each
surrounded by such DL-bounded plasma cells are negligibly
weak. Homogeneous models often are found to be misleading
and should be replaced by inhomogeneous models, with the
inhomogeneities being produced by filamentary currents and
DLs that divide space into cells [5]. Space in general has a
cellular structure.

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on Thu Dec 24 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by savageheart
"About 10 million years ago, a cluster of supernovas exploded nearby, creating a giant bubble of million-degree gas."

Could this possibly be the real reason for "global warming" as we are passing through these gases?

Very unlikely. Like the member "Phage" said prior to you, we've likely been in this cloud for quite awhile (thousands of years), which doesn't jive up with the incidence of global warming within just a century. Not to mention, global warming seems to mirror rises in atmospheric CO2 and other greenhouse gases. It's pretty obvious what the culprit of AGW is.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by McGinty

Very interesting post, McGinty!

Even reading the first sentence, I immediately went into a brainstorm about the nature of our universe at the macro-membrane and the sub-atomic levels. I imagined the solar system or the universe, as you said, as behaving like atoms/molecules in a much larger web of a higher existence. Perhaps our universe and all parallel universes are similar to "atoms" in a larger framework, with radically different universes behaving as different elements within it. Then perhaps atoms within our existence are 'miniature' universes composing our own relatively higher existence. Then I went into thinking about how high or low the hierarchy of universes must go... And this is where I differed from my usual thoughts on this idea- instead of thinking of an infinite and vertically linear line/stack of universes one on top of the other, I instead imagined that perhaps at some point this multi-universal hierarchy might fold back on itself from the highest level to the lowest forming a sort of infinite/circular 'mobius strip' so to speak. I really don't know how something like that would work itself out, but I'm sure if there was a hierarchy of universal existences, there would also be different rules governing them that I imagine could explain such a whimsical theory
. And perhaps god is Escher and we are the ants crawling along the Mobius.

I've pondered this before, as has any arm-chair philosopher, but it's still very interesting to consider, even if it's very fantastical/silly.

Mod Note: Excessive Quoting – Please Review This Link

[edit on Thu Dec 24 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
@McGinty
"Seems to me that Solar Systems are looking more and more like Atoms..."

It's always a pleasure to see other people making these grand connections. For this id like to say thank you my friend.

Your ideas are enlightening and you're very close. No one can tell you the full truth, you have to realize it for yourself. Like Morpheus said, i can only show you the door, you must step through.

So here' something that'll bake your potato: the model of electromagnetic energy (light) are two sine waves, perpendicular and intersecting each other...otherwise known as a double helix.

Black holes are another story as they absorb all light (information)...makes you wonder, it's almost like an engine synthesizing the light into....conciousness? Black holes and cosmic mothers. Maybe a womb of sorts?

After all, if light is white, and it's being super charged into a source...hmm what else is white and goes into a source that creates or synthesizes something...

[edit on 24-12-2009 by McGinty]

[edit on 24-12-2009 by Ex Plures-Unus]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
doesn't our solar system pass through this thing every 26,000 years or so anyway? if the thread like this was already posted after this one then why is the other one on the main page?? Somebody is not doing their job.

No, 26000 year thing is the Precession of the Equinoxes.

It's just the wobble of the earth, and is just based on the earth, not on space.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Since our solar system is moving in a spiral band of our galaxy at about 140 miles per second, and our galaxy is moving through space at about 1.3 MILLION miles per hour, and everything else "out there" known and unknown is moving at similar speeds, Perhaps we have just been incredibly lucky so far, maybe the next thing they discover could be really bad and headed toward us at unimaginable speed.

Be thankful for the time you've had and will have, maybe?

Happy Holidays!

[edit on 24-12-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Hello Phage, I found your comments interesting.

The fluff is not causing planetary warming

and

We have known about the "Local Fluff" since the 1970's. The Solar System has been in it for a long time. There are other bits of fluff out there that we may run into in the future and some suggest that this may influence our climate by affecting the amount of cosmic radiation we receive but it is not a sudden event. We don't go "bam" into a cloud of fluff and all hell breaks loose.

If in fact cosmic radiation is a contributing factor towards precipitation as science has suggested, then it would follow that during times of solar minimum, when the sun isn't blowing away the radiation, the cloud cover would increase and raise global temperatures.

Moisture in the atmosphere having a greater impact on the greenhouse affect than C02

Water vapour rules the greenhouse system

Conversely if cosmic radiation was less intense without the fluff then skies would be clearer and global temperatures would fall regardless of the solar cycle.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by kennyb72]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kennyb72

You are confusing water vapor with clouds. Clouds are composed of condensed (or frozen) water vapor. It is water as a gas (water vapor) which has a greenhouse effect.

I'm aware of the suggestion that increased cosmic radiation would increase cloud cover. But there is little evidence to back the claim up. Much less that it would occur at quantities sufficient to affect climate.

But in any case you have it reversed. The hypothesis (Svensmark) is that an increase in cosmic rays causes an increase in low level clouds. The increase in low level clouds reflects more solar radiation back into space, resulting in a cooling effect.

[edit on 12/24/2009 by Phage]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You are confusing water vapor with clouds. Clouds are composed of condensed (or frozen) water vapor. It is water as a gas (water vapor) which has a greenhouse effect.

I would have thought that radiation hitting the cloud on the sunny side would release a large proportion of cloud back to vapor.

I'm aware of the suggestion that increased cosmic radiation would increase cloud cover. But there is little evidence to back the claim up. Much less that it would occur at quantities sufficient to affect climate.

Well it seems that most of the climate research is geared specifically to blame C02 as the culprit.

Here is a report that discusses this issue.

Modulation of Cosmic Ray Precipitation Related to Climate

But in any case you have it reversed. The hypothesis (Svensmark) is that an increase in cosmic rays causes an increase in low level clouds. The increase in low level clouds reflects more solar radiation back into space, resulting in a cooling effect.

I believe this study also touches on this.

If I have this confused it is because, it is apparent to anybody that if the sky is clear in winter, then snow tends to hang around but when cloud increases the temperature rises and the snow melts.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
The Mayan calender might also take into account the whipping of the galaxy arms from close to far.... and the space storm could be associated with fragments from the hot star birthing center W3OH on the Perseus arm... no doubt we're in a hot spot and it just might get hotter for? decades? centuries?

lanl.arxiv.org...

filer.case.edu...

The Perseus arm, the closest spiral arm of our Galaxy to Earth, has previously had its distance measured by observing ultra-luminous stars known as Type O. The distances derived from these are approximately 7.2 thousand light-years. However, measurements based upon the velocities of material observed in the arm result in a distance of 27.7 thousand light-years.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by DChenO]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoHierarchy
Very unlikely. Like the member "Phage" said prior to you, we've likely been in this cloud for quite awhile (thousands of years), which doesn't jive up with the incidence of global warming within just a century. Not to mention, global warming seems to mirror rises in atmospheric CO2 and other greenhouse gases. It's pretty obvious what the culprit of AGW is.

Extremelly unlikely. I know that CO2 has become the "end of all" to some, and AGW has become a religion to many, but the fact is that the Sun's activity had been at the highest during the time of warming of the 20th century, and it's activity has been increasing until at least 2002 as reasearch by Nasa researcher Wilson shows. The magnetic activity of the sun has shown increased activity until about the end of 2005, and then the Sun's activity slowed down to a crawl.

Also water vapor levels increase naturally during such warming periods, which is the real ghg which causes the most warming, but all of this has been attributed by the AGW proponents "to only be caused by CO2"... but we now know the AGWers have been rigging the data, falsifying information, witholding facts, and data, and have conjured up between each other ways to suppress the real data, and even discussed illegal ways, and legal ways to keep people in the dark, and keep people believing in the lies and scam that is AGW......

Anyways this encounter with this interstellar cloud was found at least since 1978 by scientists, and even back then they speculated that extreme Climate Changes would occur at some unspecified time in the "near future."

Title:
Is the solar system entering a nearby interstellar cloud
Authors:
Vidal-Madjar, A.; Laurent, C.; Bruston, P.; Audouze, J.
Affiliation:
AA(CNRS, Laboratoire de Physique Stellaire et Planetaire, Verrieres-le-Buisson, Essonne, France), AB(CNRS, Laboratoire de Physique Stellaire et Planetaire, Verrieres-le-Buisson, Essonne, France), AC(CNRS, Laboratoire de Physique Stellaire et Planetaire, Verrieres-le-Buisson, Essonne, France), AD(Meudon Observatoire, Hauts-de-Seine; Paris XI, Universite, Orsay, Essonne, France)
Publication:
Astrophysical Journal, Part 1, vol. 223, July 15, 1978, p. 589-600. (ApJ Homepage)
Publication Date:
07/1978
Category:
Astrophysics
Origin:
STI
NASA/STI Keywords:
Abstract
Observational arguments in favor of such a cloud are presented, and implications of the presence of a nearby cloud are discussed, including possible changes in terrestrial climate. It is suggested that the postulated interstellar cloud should encounter the solar system at some unspecified time in the near future and might have a drastic influence on terrestrial climate in the next 10,000 years.

adsabs.harvard.edu...

Several times I have posted this information, as well as some others, and including the fact that interstellar dust has been increasing, and the Solar System has been moving into a new region of space where there is more interstellar dust, and more charged particles, plasma, and higher radiation.

This new region of space is very probably the reason why the Sun has been acting so strangely, and since the Sun' magnetic fiedl did not flip entirely the last time it has allowed to enter even more interstellar dust, plasma, charged particles, more radiation, etc into the Solar System, and Nasa as well as ESA stated that the amount of interstellar dust would increase exponentially until 2012. What a coincidence that this falls in with the Maya/Hopy prophecies...

ESA sees stardust storms heading for Solar System

PRESS RELEASE
Date Released: Monday, August 18, 2003
Source: Artemis Society

Until ten years ago, most astronomers did not believe stardust could enter our Solar System. Then ESA's Ulysses spaceprobe discovered minute stardust particles leaking through the Sun's magnetic shield, into the realm of Earth and the other planets. Now, the same spaceprobe has shown that a flood of dusty particles is heading our way.
What is surprising in this new Ulysses discovery is that the amount of stardust has continued to increase even after the solar activity calmed down and the magnetic field resumed its ordered shape in 2001.

Scientists believe that this is due to the way in which the polarity changed during solar maximum. Instead of reversing completely, flipping north to south, the Sun's magnetic poles have only rotated at halfway and are now more or less lying sideways along the Sun's equator. This weaker configuration of the magnetic shield is letting in two to three times more stardust than at the end of the 1990s. Moreover, this influx could increase by as much as ten times until the end of the current solar cycle in 2012.

www.spaceref.com...

When I posted this data, and research some years back I speculated that also since more interstellar dust was entering the Solar System that more charged particles, plasma, and radiation would also be entering the Solar System, but the usual suspects were claiming I had no evidence for this. But now we know my statements were right.

Like a wounded Starship Enterprise, our solar system's natural shields are faltering, letting in a flood of cosmic rays. The sun's recent listlessness is resulting in record-high radiation levels that pose a hazard to both human and robotic space missions.

Galactic cosmic rays are speeding charged particles that include protons and heavier atomic nuclei. They come from outside the solar system, though their exact sources are still being debated.

www.newscientist.com...

We also know that since 1840 the Earth's own magnetiuc field has been fluctuating wildly, and weakening, and it is now weaker than it has been for many tens of thousands of years, which amplifies the effecs of the influx of charged particles, plasma, radiation, interstellar dust, etc.

Magnetic Field Weakening in Stages, Old Ships' Logs Suggest
John Roach
for National Geographic News

May 11, 2006

Earth's magnetic field is weakening in staggered steps, a new analysis of centuries-old ships logs suggests.

The finding could help scientists better understand the way Earth's magnetic poles reverse.

The planet's magnetic field flips—north becomes south and vice versa—on average every 300,000 years. However, the actual time between reversals varies widely.

The field last flipped about 800,000 years ago, according to the geologic record.

Since 1840, when accurate measures of the intensity were first made, the field strength has declined by about 5 percent per century.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

What a coincidence that GLOBAL temperatures dropped at the same time the Sun's activity dropped, but then scientists also found not that long ago that even with the low solar activity something else started warming the Earth's atmosphere. Sorry AGW believers, but it isn't CO2.... The culprit is the Solar wind which is transferring more energy from outside the Solar System into the inner Solar System, and into Earth's atmosphere...

Surprise In Earth's Upper Atmosphere: Mode Of Energy Transfer From The Solar Wind

www.sciencedaily.com
"Its like something else is heating the atmosphere besides the sun. This discovery is like finding it got hotter when the sun went down," said Larry Lyons, UCLA professor of atmospheric and oceanic sciences and a co-author of the research, which is in press in two companion papers in the Journal of Geophysical Research.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 25-12-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
BTW, we also know that sharp geomagnetic variations cause Climate Changes, and have affected civilizations in the past.

Here is another research paper I posted here.

Title:
Climate determinism or Geomagnetic determinism?
Authors:
Gallet, Y.; Genevey, A.; Le Goff, M.; Fluteau, F.; Courtillot, V.
Affiliation:
AA(Institut de Physique du Globe de Paris, 4 Place Jussieu, Paris, 75005 France ; [email protected]), AB(Centre de Recherche et de Restauration des Musees de France, Palais du Louvre, Porte des Lions 14 quai Francois Mitterrand, Paris, 75001 France ; [email protected]), AC(Institut de Physique du Globe de Paris, 4 Place Jussieu, Paris, 75005 France ; [email protected]), AD(Institut de Physique du Globe de Paris, 4 Place Jussieu, Paris, 75005 France ; [email protected]), AE(Institut de Physique du Globe de Paris, 4 Place Jussieu, Paris, 75005 France ; [email protected])
Publication:
American Geophysical Union, Fall Meeting 2006, abstract #GP51A-0940
Publication Date:
12/2006
Origin:
AGU
AGU Keywords:
1503 Archeomagnetism, 1521 Paleointensity, 1605 Abrupt/rapid climate change (4901, 8408), 1616 Climate variability (1635, 3305, 3309, 4215, 4513)
Abstract Copyright:
(c) 2006: American Geophysical Union
Bibliographic Code:
2006AGUFMGP51A0940G

Abstract

A number of episodes of sharp geomagnetic field variations (in both intensity and direction), lasting on the order of a century, have been identified in archeomagnetic records from Western Eurasia and have been called "archeomagnetic jerks". These seem to correlate well with multi-decadal cooling episodes detected in the North Atlantic Ocean and Western Europe, suggesting a causal link between both phenomena. A possible mechanism could be a geomagnetic modulation of the cosmic ray flux that would control the nucleation rate of clouds. We wish to underline the remarkable coincidence between archeomagnetic jerks, cooling events in Western Europe and drought periods in tropical and sub-tropical regions of the northern hemisphere. The latter two can be interpreted in terms of global teleconnections among regional climates. It has been suggested that these climatic variations had caused major changes in the history of ancient civilizations, such as in Mesopotamia, which were critically dependent on water supply and particularly vulnerable to lower rainfall amounts. This is one of the foundations of "climate determinism". Our studies, which suggest a geomagnetic origin for at least some of the inferred climatic events, lead us to propose the idea of a geomagnetic determinism in the history of humanity.

adsabs.harvard.edu...

Possible impact of the Earths magnetic field on the history
of ancient civilizations

Yves Gallet a,⁎, Agnès Genevey b, Maxime Le Goff a, Frédéric Fluteau a,c,
Safar Ali Eshraghi d

a Equipe de Paléomagnétisme, Institut de Physique du Globe de Paris, 4 place Jussieu, 75252 Paris cedex 05, France

b Centre de Recherche et de Restauration des Musées de France, UMR CNRS 171, Palais du Louvre, Porte des Lions,
14 quai François Mitterrand, 75001 Paris, France

c UFR des Sciences Physiques de la Terre, Université Denis Diderot Paris 7, 2 Place Jussieu, 75251 Paris cedex 05, France

d Geological Survey of Iran, Azadi sq., Meraj blvd., PO Box 13185-1494 Tehran, Iran
Received 30 November 2005; received in revised form 3 April 2006; accepted 3 April 2006
Available online 19 May 2006
Editor: R.D. van der Hilst

Abstract
We report new archeointensity results from Iranian and Syrian archeological excavations dated from the second millennium BC.
These high-temperature magnetization data were obtained using a laboratory-built triaxial vibrating sample magnetometer.

Together with our previously published archeointensity results from Mesopotamia, we constructed a rather detailed geomagnetic field intensity variation curve for this region from 3000 BC to 0 BC. Four potential geomagnetic events (“archeomagnetic jerks”), marked by strong intensity increases, are observed and appear to be synchronous with cooling episodes in the North Atlantic.

This temporal coincidence strengthens the recent suggestion that the geomagnetic field influences climate change over multi-decadal time scales, possibly through the modulation of cosmic ray flux interacting with the atmosphere. Moreover, the cooling periods in the North Atlantic coincide with episodes of enhanced aridity in the Middle East, when abrupt societal changes occurred in the eastern Mediterranean and Mesopotamia.

Although the coincidences discussed in this paper must be considered with caution, they lead to the possibility that the geomagnetic field impacted the history of ancient civilizations through climatically driven environmental changes, triggering economic, social and political instability.
© 2006 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.

www.ipgp.fr...

And then we have the anomalies in the Solar System which took another turn with the recently found secular variation of the AU, or distance between the Sun and the planets, which has increased and cannot be explained.

Which I first reported here.

Anomalies in the Solar System
Dittus, Hansjoerg
37th COSPAR Scientific Assembly. Held 13-20 July 2008, in Montréal, Canada., p.717
Several observations show unexplained phenomena in our solar system. These observations are e.g. the Pioneer Anomaly, an unexplained constant acceleration of the Pioneer 10 and 11 spacecraft, the Flyby Anomaly, an unexplained increase of the velocity of a series of spacecraft after Earth gravity assists, the recently reported increase of the Astronomical Unit defined by the distance of the planets from the Sun by approximately 10 m per century, the quadrupole and octupole anomaly which describes the correlation of the low l contributions of the Cosmic Microwave Background to the orientation of the Solar system. Lacking any explanation until now, these phenomena are still investigated intensively. In my talk I will discuss the present status of those investigations and the attempts to find reasonable explantions.

adsabs.harvard.edu...

Secular increase of the astronomical unit and perihelion precessions as tests of the Dvali–Gabadadze–Porrati multi-dimensional braneworld scenario
Lorenzo Iorio JCAP09(2005)006 doi: 10.1088/1475-7516/2005/09/006

PDF (313 KB) | HTML | References | Articles citing this article

Lorenzo Iorio
Viale Unità di Italia 68, 70125, Bari, Italy
E-mail: [email protected]
Abstract. An unexpected secular increase of the astronomical unit, the length scale of the Solar System, has recently been reported by three different research groups (Krasinsky and Brumberg, Pitjeva, Standish). The latest JPL measurements amount to 7 ± 2 m cy−1. At present, there are no explanations able to accommodate such an observed phenomenon, either in the realm of classical physics or in the usual four-dimensional framework of the Einsteinian general relativity. The Dvali–Gabadadze–Porrati braneworld scenario, which is a multi-dimensional model of gravity aimed at providing an explanation of the observed cosmic acceleration without dark energy, predicts, among other things, a perihelion secular shift, due to Lue and Starkman, of 5 × 10−4 arcsec cy−1 for all the planets of the Solar System. It yields a variation of about 6 m cy−1 for the Earth–Sun distance which is compatible with the observed rate of change for the astronomical unit. The recently measured corrections to the secular motions of the perihelia of the inner planets of the Solar System are in agreement with the predicted value of the Lue–Starkman effect for Mercury, Mars and, at a slightly worse level, the Earth.

www.iop.org...

Whatever is causing these anomalies has also been affecting our satellites. Some of you might remember the pioneer anomalies, but what you might not know is that whatever it is has also been affecting comets, pushing them faster towards the inner Solar System, and making them arrive a few days earlier than they are supposed to.

[edit on 25-12-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
(continued)

6 The increase of the Astronomical Unit

6.1 The observation

From the analysis of radiometric measurements of distances between the Earth and the major planets including observations from Martian orbiters and landers from 1961 to 2003 a secular increase of the Astronomical Unit of approximately 10 m/cy has been reported (36) (see also the article (37) and the discussion therein).

6.2 Search for explanation

Time–dependent gravitational constant and velocity of light This increase cannot be explained by a time–dependent gravitational constant G because the ˙ G/G needed is larger than the restrictions obtained from LLR.

It has also been speculated that a time–dependent change in the velocity of light can be responsible for this effect. Indeed, if the speed of light becomes smaller, than ranging will simulate a drift of distances. However, a inspection of Kepler’s third law
T2 4π2
a3 = GM⊙

(17)

shows that, if one replaces the distance a by a ranging time a = ct, then effectively the quotient G/c3 appears. Only this combination of the gravitational constant and the speed of light governs the ratio between the orbit time, in our case the orbit time of the Earth. Consequently, a time–dependent speed of light is equivalent to a time–dependent gravitational constant. Since the latter has been ruled out to be possibly responsible for an increase of the Astronomical Unit, also a time–dependent speed of light has to be ruled out.

Cosmic expansion The influence of cosmic expansion by many orders of magnitude too small, see Sec.9.2. Neither the modification of the gravitational field of the Sun nor the drag of the planetary orbits due to the expansion is big enough to explain this drift.

Clock drift An increase of ranged distances might also be due to a drift of the time scale of the form t → t + αt2 for α > 0. This is of the same form as the time drift needed to account for the Pioneer anomaly. From Kepler’s third law one may ask which α is suitable in order to simulate the increase of the Astronomical Unit. One obtains α ≈ 3 · 10−20 s−1 what is astonishing close to the clock drift needed for a clock drift simulation of the pioneer anomaly, see Eq.(16) and below.
7 The quadrupole and octupule anomaly Recently an anomalous behavior of the low–l contributions to the cosmic microwave background has been reported. It has been shown that (i) there exists an alignment between the quadrupole and octupole with > 99.87% C.L. [38], and (ii) that the quadrupole and octupole are aligned to Solar system ecliptic to > 99% C.L. [39]. No correlation with the galactic plane has been found.

The reason for this is totally unclear. One may speculate that an unknown gravitational field within the Solar system slightly redirects the incoming cosmic microwave radiation (in the similar way as a motion with a certain velocity with respect to the rest frame of the cosmological background redirects the cosmic background radiation and leads to modifications of the dipole and quadrupole parts). Such a redirection should be more pronounced for low–l components of the radiation. It should be possible to calculate the gravitational field needed for such a redirection and then to compare that with the observational data of the Solar system and the other observed anomalies.

8.2 Other anomalies?
There is one further observation which status is rather unclear bit which perhaps may fit into the other observations. This is the observation of the return time of comets: Comets usually come back a few days before they are expected when applying ordinary equations of motion. The delay usually is assigned to the outgassing of these objects. In fact, the delay is used for an estimate of the strength of this outgassing. On the other hand, it has been calculated in (44) that the assumption that starting with 20 AU there is an additional acceleration of the order of the Pioneer anomaly also leads to the effect that comets come back a few days earlier. It is not clear whether this is a serious indications but a further study of the trajectories of comets certainly is worthwhile.

arxiv.org...

Read the last part in the above link.

Anyway, the Universe, and multiverses are electrical in nature, we can see this fact everywhere we look.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Great post/contribution ElectricUniverse. I only understand so much due to my Brain Capacity, but what I can take from this makes good sense.

I do feel there's a lot going on in our Universe that's turning many theories on their heads and this story, I feel will lead to much more interesting news in the near future.

I don't want to veer the whole post off track from your reply here, but I did find it very interesting how many Spiritual people have talked of our solar system passing through a more Magnetised region as we approach 2012, therefore affecting the Planet and even Humans themselves.

Who's to say some of the ancient people may have had some limited knowledge of this, although may not have fully understood the Science behind it?

g

[edit on 25-12-2009 by grantbeed]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by NoHierarchy

Well, looks like you have been reading the 'False' IPCC data, co2 is not the cause of anything other than the growth of the vegitation...

And, atleast I do not respond well to people speaking of co2 as AGW cause, because it has been DeBunked, Royally.

The IPCC have infact said that the sun have 0 (Zero) impact on earths climate, and even you should act on that remark, so, if the sun became 1000 degree hotter, we wouldnt notice it ? WOW is all I have to say.

You are aware that we are all criminals for just being alive now, we kill the planet with every breath we take, By Law if you live in the USA.

Co2 !!! And more ofcourse !!!

( Sorry for the OffTopic, but it should be understood that the Co2 ins't a climate driver, and that space do change the climate on all the planets in our solarsystem, it is very well documented and never brought up in the discussions..)

[edit on 25/12/2009 by ChemBreather]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Ok so maybe that was off but I do remember something being said of our solar system passing through some sort of miky way system in a type of sine wave pattern.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

there is an interesting publication by Russian scientist Dr. Alexey Dmitriev dated in 1997 that is closely related to the thread topic:

www.tmgnow.com...

PLANETOPHYSICAL STATE OF THE EARTH AND LIFE

The situation that has been created here in our Heliosphere is of external, Interstellar, cosmic space origin, and is herein assumed to be caused by the underlying fundamental auto-oscillation, space-physical, processes of continuous creation that has shaped, and continues to evolve our Universe. The present excited state of our Heliosphere exists within the whole, or entire, organism that makes up the Solar System; the Sun, Planets, Moons, Comets, and Asteroids, as well as the plasmas, and/or electromagnetic mediums, and structures, of Interplanetary Space. The response to these Interstellar energy and matter injections into our Heliosphere has been, and continues to be, a series of newly observed energetic processes and formations on all of the Planets; between the Planets and their Moons, and the Planets and the Sun.

... so, Russians knew about this interstellar cloud for more than 10 years from now...

but, no one believes anything until NASA says it is so...

[edit on 25-12-2009 by donhuangenaro]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia

No, 26000 year thing is the Precession of the Equinoxes.

It's just the wobble of the earth, and is just based on the earth, not on space.

Actually our solar system is constantly moving up and down the outside of our Galaxy, it takes roughly 50,000 yrs from top to bottom. Its not a wobble, our whole system move.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

reply to post by badmedia

Ok so maybe that was off but I do remember something being said of our solar system passing through some sort of miky way system in a type of sine wave pattern.

Refresh at youtube, galactic alinement, couple of good vids on there about how our solar system acts in space. In principle your right though

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join