It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Under the radar, Obama pushes for Patriot Act renewal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Under the radar, Obama pushes for Patriot Act renewal

www.blacklistednews.com

With key sections of the U.S. Patriot Act set to expire Dec. 31, the Obama administration - essentially tiptoeing through the corridors of Congress and using the raucous health care debate as cover - has quietly maneuvered for renewal of the controversial provisions, which he opposed as a senator.

Perhaps the most contentious measure is the business records provision, also known as the library provision,
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.lakelandtimes.com

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Weather you like this act or your don't, it is now coming up for renewal. What I find the most interesting is that the Obama administration is quietly working tword a renewal when he opposed it as a senator, go fig. I will keep my opinions on this act neutral for now. If you would like to comment on it please feel free to do so.

www.blacklistednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

S+F, There goes Obama lying again. I am sick of all of this government authoritarian laws of theirs. They can take their laws and stick them where the sun don't shine(and I don't mean London). Give me Liberty or give me death!

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
New authoritarian. Exactly the same as the last authoritarian.

Much like liberty, the mass of fools dont really know what change is.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
i was hopeing that obama would make some drastic changes. the PTB must have "convinced" him to do otherwise. the "force is strong"

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

In light of Obama' track record so far, I would imagine you Americans are going to be a little more "awake" the next time you guys go to the polls.

The next elections will be very interesting in deed, I don't believe you will be hoodwinked twice.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
ugh, who really expected the Messiah™ to fulfill any promise at all, when his contributors literally have him by the sack? the money sack i mean....

none of these laws will go away, because millions of cronies and thugs are doing very well on tax money. the TSA will never be abolished, for example and who every expects protocols of wiretapping and other types of spying or cointelpro to ever appear in the public domain is simply a fool. if anything, these files would be destroyed immediately when the system shows signs of collapse (as we write, even?), because aforementioned millions of people could easily be identified as enemies of the nation as long as the data remains intact.

but hey, try voting them out
soon enough the mainstream will be in for a couple of dishes of crow, can't say i will enjoy it, but it's a 'reward' justly deserved, imho. you've (the mainstream's see-no-evils) been totally wrong despite continuous warnings and no amount of tinfoil-hat stereotyping will change that.

[edit on 2009.12.23 by Long Lance]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Sorry but I can't help but feel Obama is not at fault here
The people are

until the majority of people realize the sameness of the two party system, because will always get just that, the same.

it's the fault of the people for voting for someone that used buzzwords like change and hope but never asked him to define what change he would bring.

I mean really
If you only blame Obama then next term you will blame the next guy/girl
If you want a different direction you have to start blaming the people

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by downunderETI would imagine you Americans are going to be a little more "awake" the next time you guys go to the polls.

Doubtful.

Voters arent typically very bright. And their capacity to remember past wrong doings is questionable.

If anything they'll just flip control from (D) to (R) which is essentially no change whatsoever. And government will get bigger and liberty will get smaller.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
Give me Liberty or give me death!

Liberty is something granted to you by government, you do not want that, you want freedom, or death.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Patriots Act is a fooking joke. sneak and peek provision, for example, where cops are authorised to invade your house when you are NOT home.

nothing is going to change one bit. USofA is artfically divided and easily ruled. republicans seriously think democrats are stupid and visa versa. it`s not about change, more about winning over the other party. American media has Americans by their balls. it doesnt leave no room for Americans to think. garbage is literally spoonfed and forcefed. Russian TV, for example is nothing, but propganda, but American TV is much more passionate and of course very propagandist. and these people go out to vote depending which channel was more convincing in their lies.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

I mean really

edited to add that i did read your post about the "change" keyword, but the rest of the post didn't make sense.. you'll see when you read below

As far as I understand it, people voted for him for what you are trying to tell people to do. They voted for change and instead they got the same thing. In other words the people were lied to.---- Obama said he was against the Patriot act, he did the opposite of his campaign promises so you tell the people they should have voted for someone who was against the patriot act. hrm.. that's not really helping.

The people DO want a change and in many cases GOOD people are voted in at the lower levees. But then once they get to a certain point they get shut out by the media or 1 simple issue gets blown out of proportion to ruin a career or yada yada..

It sure is a good thing we have a one world government coming in the not so distant future because I'm tired of all the political bs and silly finger pointing.

b

[edit on 23-12-2009 by Bspiracy]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bspiracy
It sure is a good thing we have a one world government coming in the not so distant future because I'm tired of all the political bs and silly finger pointing.

That's one way to look at it.

Like, gee, I'm really glad I'm going to die one day because dealing with # just sucks sometimes.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Sorry but I can't help but feel Obama is not at fault here
The people are

until the majority of people realize the sameness of the two party system, because will always get just that, the same.

it's the fault of the people for voting for someone that used buzzwords like change and hope but never asked him to define what change he would bring.

I mean really

Blaming Obama & Blaming Media

...Victim is the American People...

Blaming Obama is absolutely correct. When one stands in authority, they are accepting the responsibility (and blame). That's the job of President.

As for voters... Can you blame the collective voters that make decisions based on wrong information?

I'm not so quick to blame 'We The People' since many people were misled by the media promoting an emotional agenda... They are clever and know how to push buttons of humanity.

Yet, One must TRY to trust in something.

FOXNews ratings have gone off the charts and CNN still claims it's still N°1... (Everyone with any TV Journalistic value left CNN and went to FOX). By CNN claiming it's #1 when it obviously ISN'T shows their collective delusion. How can you trust the most trusted name in news when they themselves are deluded? (That's a rhetorical question).

Can anyone tell me exactly why and where CNN can claim that it's #1 anywhere?

Taking Responsibility Going Forward

Anyhow, We The People have woken up and will be voting with much care this season.

All of those candidates that are in the non-existent party (TeaParty) that's beating the pants off of D & R in the polls are going to need OUR help.

Please remember that if you are going to vote for that 'non-existent party' (TeaParty) candidate; they will be in need of assistants with integrity & ethics etc. So, don't expect that you can vote them in and leave them hanging.

They'll be needing our suggestions because they'll be representing US.

Just imagine; a crew of mostly ethical and conscientious people running at least part of government. It will be a REAL fight with those that somehow remain.

The Patriot Act is evil. It needs to repealed. All of these whacked out unconstitutional laws and EO's and ordinances and bills need repealing.

The Health Care bill needs to have repeals waiting it for it before it even tries to pass. TeaParty Candidates will have their work cut out for themselves. And they'll need We The People.

[edit on 12·23·09 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

DrMatt
Your post seemed pretty well thought out, thanks for posting, stared

I mostly agreed with what you said about the media. The do control a lot of information.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
It doesn't surprise me. Politicians are all the same these days.

I think this country could do better without a government than it does the way it is.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by downunderET
reply to post by jimmyx

The next elections will be very interesting in deed, I don't believe you will be hoodwinked twice.

I dont know dude. Americans are fairly stupid. Most near where I live think Obama is the next best thing to American Idol. They think he is doing a very good job. I talk about how the stimulus is killing jobs they say it hasnt been through its course yet... I state This thing like obamacare they say it would be good for our country..

And a few other points.. But needless to say the only thing that will make this guy a complete idiot is if he transformed into Satan himself.. Then again I think alot of people would think it was cool as hell and vote him in for life.

My 10 cents as an american you can have 2 cents free.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   

reply to post by jimmyx

In light of Obama' track record so far, I would imagine you Americans are going to be a little more "awake" the next time you guys go to the polls.

You must not know too many Americans. The hoodwinking has been happening for so long... Most Americans know they are going to get boned. So, they just vote for the guy that flatters them the most. At least that way they don't feel so cheap in the morning.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by MikeNice81]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
If anyone is surprised, you are really not paying attention.

If you do not judge well, it is because you do not observe well.
What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Sorry to say but our elections are rigged.

Anyone who hasn't realized this yet after Bush did what he did twice in a row, has a little more waking up to do than just to the fact that Obama is a sell-out.

top topics

join