It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nazis left Dutch gays untouched, says historian

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm
There is a big difference between sympathizing a system/ideology and sympathizing the people that ruled that system.
I think that many basic ideas from back than have to be reconsidered in our present society.

David Lloyd George, Daily Express, September 17. 1936

Surely you recognise spin when you see it. Lloyd George was sympathetic to Hitler economically and was eager to avoid war and do business with the Germans. He, and his cronies, the City, had placed considerable funds at Hitler's disposal in order to ensure good future relations. In 1936 those British investors claimed to have no knowledge of Hitler's more aggressive plans for Europe though Mein Kampf which outlines them relatively clearly had long since been available in English.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

I disagree. I'm glad those times are over. I think that those times should be buried in the history books and to never come back again. We don't need the British empire. We don't need a German Reich. We don't need Eugenics. I can't think of anything good from that time. The only thing I can think of that might be helpful for the elites would be how they were able to keep the masses under the spell of constant propaganda. I don't want to be asleep again.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

There is a reason we call people from Limburg reserve belgians, i dont know what to call you but if we face the Germans in "SOuth Africa" this summer, i hope you're on the right side

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   

The Nazis who had the cushy jobs on that side of the Front were probably too busy seducing or raping the local and Scandinavian women. They did consider the fellow Nordic races as respectable, unlike what they did in the East.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Foppezao

There is a reason we call people from Limburg reserve belgians, i dont know what to call you but if we face the Germans in "SOuth Africa" this summer, i hope you're on the right side

I'm of German heritage in South Africa, so I'd like to think that any side is the "right side', and we'll just enjoy the game

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Raping Scandinavian women? Nordics raping Nordics?

You know where Scandinavia is?

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Perhaps the Nazi misnomer "Aryan races" would have been more accurate?
I've seen people from Denmark who still refuse to speak to anyone German to this day because they say their women were raped and forced into the "lebensborn" by the Nazis. Many of the poor resulting children were forced into labor camps after the war and treated terribly. At least that's what I've heard.
I suspect it wasn't always rape, but any consenting Dutch, French, Scandanavian woman ran the risk of being treated like a collaborator after the war. I'm not so sure how this was in Holland.
Allegedly the slavs in the East were considered "untermenschen", subhumans fit for slave labor and eventual destruction.

[edit on 6-1-2010 by halfoldman]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm
reply to post by halfoldman

Raping Scandinavian women? Nordics raping Nordics?

You know where Scandinavia is?

I'm always glad when people are amused, but I'm a still a bit perplexed by the hilarity in this case?
Scandinavia is north of Germany and consists of Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland. Sweden to my knowledge remained relatively neutral, Denmark (Schleswig-Holstein became German in 1946) was occupied by the Nazis and so was Norway. Finland changed sides after it capitulated to Russia during the war.
Denmark offered significant resitance to the Nazis, and its King Christian X offered protection to the Jews in that he encouraged everyone to wear the yellow star of David, thus making the recognition of the Jews impossible. The implementation of Nazi policies thus often depended on local support.
The Nordic races were considered good breeding stock to increase the Aryan race. For many years that was not a popular topic, especially since the children of German-Scandinavian coupling were severely abused simply because they were half German.
Anyway, I just wondered what was so funny?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman

Originally posted by Foppezao

I'm of German heritage in South Africa, so I'd like to think that any side is the "right side', and we'll just enjoy the game

Of course i love your country and your people, this summer i made a beautifull trip through the Schwarzwald on the autobahn to Vienna..No hostilities... but i'd question his nationality if he wont back our side during the WC, you know its our kind of derby right
[though we got our pay back in 1988 after 1974
]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join