It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last Marine battalion set to leave Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Last Marine battalion set to leave Iraq

www.upi.com

FALLUJAH, Iraq, Dec. 21 (UPI) -- The last deployment for a U.S. Marine Corps unit in Iraq marks the closing of a military chapter for the war as they prepare to leave the country

The 3/24 is deployed throughout Iraq's western Anbar province, once the hotbed for insurgency. Servicemen conduct routine patrols daily alongside their Iraqi counterparts. Col. Robert Mabry, who trains Iraqi forces in non-lethal combat, said the drawdown for U.S. forces is a sign of a new phase for Iraq.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The 3/24 is scheduled to leave Iraq in January. All U.S. forces leave Iraq at the end of 2011....

I for one will be glad to never see that part of the world again and I know many of my brother Marines feel the same...

I do wish the Iraqi people luck, they still have a long way to go in their struggle of peace and freedom... always something fighting for.

www.upi.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
GOOD!!!!!!!
Now lets bring the rest home and lets hope their country doesn't go to the crapper after they are gone...not that it wasn't in the crapper already but you get the point.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Another perfect example of how bad a president obama is. We should impeach this guy!

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
This is music to my ears..er..eyes
We will be better off once everyone is out of Iraq
But only time will tell if our presence there has strengthened them or they fall under another tyrant's ruling and it all goes back to square one
Stay safe guys and gals and we count the days until you are home

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Kinda sad really.

This "slow bleed" method of troop withdrawal will do nothing but harm. Slowly removing one unit after another, still leaving many, is very self-defeating and dangerous.

This unit leaving means whomever is left will have to pick up the slack that's left, and do more operations, have less coverage, etc.

It's either all, or nothing.

What a waste of time this has all been. A waste of money. A complete waste of many lives.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR
Another perfect example of how bad a president obama is. We should impeach this guy!

yeah...right...impeachment...that'll help. uhhmm...a perfect example of what?? pulling out the troops from iraq?? what?...do you own an oil well there or something?

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I also think Iraq has been a terrible waste of money
I'm just glad they have enough sense to get troops out of there now so noone else dies over a futile cause
All those young men and women may eventually be shown to have lost their lives for nothing if Iraq falls into the hands of another tyrant
Let's hope that some miraculous way they can pull through and keep their government together and that we aren't called upon to go in and "fix" things again
If the government has any sense they won't try to help them another time because it may show to have been a useless cause

top topics

join