It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Backpacking Europe with no money...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Anyone ever tried to work anywhere in Europe without a work visa? This coming spring/summer I am planning on leaving for an unknown amount of time to backpack Europe. I'd like to go from Greece to Portugal - the Med. countries really interest me. The problem, naturally, is money. I can get myself over there and can save some money for when I get there but it will run out for sure.

I was thinking of trying to work under the table and make just enough to be able to survive and move from place to place. I work in the sign industry right now so I know how to run a sign shop (under the table ofcourse).

Any other ideas?

[Edited on 23-5-2004 by tacitblue]

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   
It's pretty hard to get a work visa in W. Europe, you may be able to work under the table picking fruit or something like that. Try Bunac.org if your under thirty. I lived in New Zealand for year under this program.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Agricultural work, and working in hostels, or waitering got me around.
Get creative, do you have a skill you can travel with?
I met a canadian programmer who travelled on his trade working in the countries he was in.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Hi,
I am from England and i am planning the same thing. I am going to not have alot of money but i am attempt to not need alot of money, do it the old fashioned way. I will most likely Die.

Simon

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwilightSociety
do it the old fashioned way. I will most likely Die.
Simon

LOL, I had a good laugh here hehe
lol

And for backpacking from Greece to Portugal or wherever, I guess you'd be passing through Croatia
I'd give you a tour of my hometown then

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
LOL, I had a good laugh here hehe
lol

And for backpacking from Greece to Portugal or wherever, I guess you'd be passing through Croatia
I'd give you a tour of my hometown then

Save some of that for me:w:

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I always day-dream about this very idea at work....some day I'll just save two ro three paychecks up, take a few months leave and by a one way ticket to Europe and see how long I can make it just hiking around going from hostel to hostel...

Only problem is...I've been to quite a few hostels in Europe.....Man are they rank!
....Especially the ones in Amsterdam!

But it would be worth it.....maybe some day I'll join you guys....

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
im planning on doing something like this later this year aswell. just gotta figure out what skills im gonna learn to sport.

top topics

join