It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caller asks GOP senator if he prayed hard enough for other senators to die

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
rawstory.com

A caller who reached CSPAN asked a Republican senator if he'd prayed hard enough for GOP Sen. Robert Byrd (D-WV) to die on Tuesday.

"We got our vigil together and took Sen. Coburn's instructions and prayed real hard that Sen. Byrd would either die or couldn't show up at the vote the other night," the called, dubbed "Abraham" from Georgia remarked. "How hard did you pray, because I see one of our members is missing this morning. Did it backfire on us? Did one of our members die?"

"How hard did you pray?" he adds. "Did you pray hard enough?" He appears to break into tears at the end.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Well, growing up I was taught to be very careful what you prayed for, because you might get it. I do not think the prayers were the cause of the Republican senator's absence, however.

I thought conservatives were supposed to be more godly and Christian than us liberals.

Senator Coburn's "prayer" could hardly be called Christian. It was very mean-spirited.

[edit on 23-12-2009 by Sestias]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Nuts are funny.

For every "conservative" nut praying to god there's a "liberal" nut casting a spell.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

And I guess the spells are about as effective as Sen. Coburn's prayers.

Good point.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

too right be careful what you wish for, is the no1 thing every human should be taught.

do not care for this story, but look what happened to mark hammel, of star wars glory.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

What happened to Luke Skywalker? I cant see how this is related.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jigore

What happened to Luke Skywalker? I cant see how this is related.

he had a car crash in between the first and second star wars.

Thats after supposedly he wished, that someone would die, and they did. He thought he was great, and look what happened, he ended up with a massive scar on his face, that you see in empire, the second star wars. He was massively into the occult supposedly like all hollywood people.

But if you think you know it all and can actually control these entities like people on this planet do, think again. You never know when it will come back. Plus i am not talking about karma here, as that does not exist.

So be careful what you wish for, as you are not the one who makes the rules.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
O GOD JUSTICE!!!!! when if ever does this happen.......

im speechless.....

well i dont know all the variables in this so it might not be...

[edit on 23-12-2009 by Wertdagf]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Well, since Senator Byrd did show up for the vote despite the GOP's prayers, maybe whatever higher power there may be wanted the bill to pass. Not, of course, what the Republicans want to believe.

It's good to see that at least one of them, the C-Span caller, has a conscience.

But I think money talks on Capitol Hill, not a god or goddess.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   

He was massively into the occult supposedly like all hollywood people.

I was having a hard time with this thought, are you saying all hollywood people are into the occult, or that is what is supposed?
=============================================

To the story, it wouldn't make any sense to me to Pray for someone to die. If you truly believed in The Christian God, wouldn't this be counter intuitive?

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Freedom of speech and prayer,,, thats their thing, I wouldn't spend the time personally,
should have spent the time reading

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

Agreed. The Christian God is supposed to be love. But one can find justification for almost anything if you scour the Bible enough.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by Sestias]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Republicans=Americas Taliban. It's very interesting how religion and ignorance go hand in hand, I wonder if its because of low IQ?

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlegmi

I never met an athiest once who was above wishing harm upon an enemy. This is funny to me. They should have prayed for a meteor hit Washington.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlegmi
Republicans=Americas Taliban. It's very interesting how religion and ignorance go hand in hand, I wonder if its because of low IQ?

Hw many satanists are in america, and they are not christians. Satanism, is in america fact, and what do you think they are wishing for?

new topics

top topics

join