It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramids of Giza Indicate 2012

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I saw a doco the other day that talked of the Egyptians and it was saying that we know loads about every day life in Egypt, purely because they wrote so much down for us.

Then it said, that the only thing they did not write down, out of everything was how the pyramids were built and why they were built.

This was the greatest mystery, why did'nt they write it down?

I'm not discounting your theory at all, but why did'nt they just scribe "2012" on the walls of the great pyramid in huge text?

[edit on 25-12-2009 by grantbeed]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Hello Grantbeed,

Thanks for your question.

Grantbeed: ...why did'nt they just scribe "2012" on the walls of the great pyramid in huge text?

There are two problems:

1) What language do you use to write the date?

2) What calendar system do you use to reference the correct future time?

Taking point 1 first - there exist some ancient scripts that even today we still do not have the first idea on how to interpret. Suppose such a language was used to write the significant date then the important information would have effectively been lost. We have the script but we don't understand the archaic language in which it was written. Even Ancient Egyptian and Sumerian glyphs are still subject to much alternative interpretation and we have by no means translated everything the AEs/Sumerians ever wrote. Much of what these civilisations wrote is still a puzzle to us. The ancients would likely have understood that over time language changes and is eventually lost. To ensure their 'message' could traverse time fully intact and meaningful they would need to have sought a 'language' that remains the same for all time and to all civilisations - the language of math and astronomy. This is what they used.

The second point concerns time reference. What calendar system would you employ to precisely reference a future date? Gregorian? Mayan? Ancient Egyptian? Sumerian? Jewish? The Gregorian calendar date of 2,012CE presents a different value to all of these other calendars. For example, the year 2,012 (Gregorian) is the year 5,772 in the Jewish calendar. (Curiously, this is also the value of the height of the Great Pyramid in inches).

The only true calendar/clock that is the same in all civilisations (past and future) is the clock governed by the motions of the heavens - the sun for annual yearly count and the stars for a much longer count. By using the 2 culmination positions of Orion's Belt stars, the ancients are giving us a time reference point (like sunrise and sunset). They are giving us a clock/calendar of some 13,000 (half-cycle) years. By intersecting the timeline of their clock/calendar at 2 specific points, the ancients are effectively telling us to be aware of the times just after the minimum culmination of the Belt Stars (c.9,700BCE) and also the time just before the maximum culmination of the Belt Stars (c.2,012CE). For long term (i.e. millennia) calendars to function accurately and not be 'lost in translation', this is the most effective course of action they could have taken.

It is also worth mentioning here that the culminations of the Belt Stars presented via the 2 sets of Queens Pyramids at Giza are quite unique astronomical occurrences. These are the moments after travelling for some 13,000 years in one direction, the belt stars seem to stop and then change their motional direction to traverse in the opposite direction. A bit like when the sun rises in the sky, reaches it highest point (culmination) and then changes direction - it begins to descend. So, the 2 culminations of the Belt Stars are not arbitrary points - they are points of reference like 12 noon is to us in our daily calendar/clock.

You may also find this of interest:

The Precession of Orions-Queens (Flash Presentation).

Hope this helps answer your question.

Best wishes,

Scott Creighton

[edit on 26/12/2009 by Scott Creighton]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
I saw a doco the other day that talked of the Egyptians and it was saying that we know loads about every day life in Egypt, purely because they wrote so much down for us.

Then it said, that the only thing they did not write down, out of everything was how the pyramids were built and why they were built.

I'm not discounting your theory at all, but why did'nt they just scribe "2012" on the walls of the great pyramid in huge text?

I would suggest that perhaps the pyramids were already there, hence the reason for, and how they built them were not documented in there records.

Great thread by the way. SC

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed

God would have sent someone with sand paper lol.

The only way for God to destroy the pyramids would have been to smash an asteroid or comet into them and destroy earths ecosystem at the same time. He did not want to wipe everything out. The way they did make them was to last forever and have the message there in a way that only the right people would know at the right time.

Besides they have the hall of records that the proud idiot arrogant evil Islamic government wont let us go into under the Sphinx paw that would tell us everything. That is probably were it says kiss your arse goodbye in 2012 on the wall lol.

Ex

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Star & Flag
Scott, I loved reading your thread.

Here are a couple links I found, on more reasearch,
that were also interesting.

The Pyramids of Egypt

Egyptiansecrets

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I think Scott might be on to something here if they were going to mark an event happening in the future wouldnt they do it with simple math like Scott suggest.Now the water pump thing.....how come the pump is not working

another thing to think about if the ancients were so good at math why dont the pyramids line up exactly with orions belt....they do not line up and were talking about people who made things to one thousandths of an inch in some cases, I personally think they would have lined up better than they did
so which group of stars do they actually line up with?

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Interesting point. But Giza is a busy place. And Egyptians always focused on the cosmos when building.

I think you could take a map of New York City and still find the same thing.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Scott Creighton

Again, great thread Scott. Your powerpoint presentations are beyond comparison. I especially appreciate the one with the Earth tilting.

It is making more sense now that I have researched more, the things that happened in the past had a great influence on what these people built in their days.

I do think its a warning to future generations.
There are too many valid points, to try and prove otherwise.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scott Creighton

The Giza structures - without doubt - were designed using the Orion Belt stars as the underlying blueprint. You can see this here:

Best wishes,

Scott Creighton

I would have to say there is some doubt as to the real origin of the Giza Pyramids. This thread I created a little while ago, casts at least enough 'doubt' to question whether that old hypothesis is even correct. Especially when we take into consideration, this cycle takes 2737 years to happen, and still another 5 cycles for the planets to be exactly the same as what will happen just before sunrise on Dec 3, 2012 Local Egyptian time.

5 * 2737 = 13,685 years.

So to say there is no 'doubt', is not entirely accurate as far as I am concerned.

Enjoyed the link btw...

--Charles Marcello

[edit on 28-12-2009 by littlebunny]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Scott Creighton

Hi Scott, thankyou for your excellent reply. I must admit, much of the theories about the Pyramids are very interesting indeed.

2012 is getting closer all the time. guess we don't have that long to wait now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join