It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 State prosecutors probing Nebraska Compromise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
State Prosecutors from 7 states are probing what they call the illegal deal used to get the 60th vote necessary for the passage of Obama's Health Care Reform bill.

Top SC prosecutor, others probing health care deal

By JIM DAVENPORT, Associated Press Writer Jim Davenport, Associated Press Writer – Wed Dec 23, 8:22 am ET

COLUMBIA, S.C. – The top prosecutors in seven states are probing the constitutionality of a political deal that cut a funding break for Nebraska in order to pass a federal health care reform bill, South Carolina's attorney general said Tuesday.

Attorney General Henry McMaster said he and his counterparts in Alabama, Colorado, Michigan, North Dakota, Texas and Washington state — all Republicans — are jointly taking a look at the deal they've dubbed the "Nebraska compromise."

"The Nebraska compromise, which permanently exempts Nebraska from paying Medicaid costs that Texas and all other 49 states must pay, may violate the United States Constitution — as well as other provisions of federal law," Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott said.

"We have serious concerns about the constitutionality of this Nebraska compromise as it results in special treatment for only one state in the nation at the expense of the other 49," Graham and DeMint wrote.

Nebraska wasn't alone in getting Medicaid breaks. Vermont, Louisiana and Massachusetts also got help with their programs.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

U.S. House Majority Whip Jim Clyburn, D-S.C., said Republicans need to stop complaining about deals their colleagues made. He says the Republican's should put aside their differences and work with the Dems to get perks for their states as well.

The "Nebraska Compromise" and all of the pork pouring out of this bill sure looks like bribery to me. These pork deals need to stop. If a bill can't pass on it's own merit without some perks thrown in to get enough votes for passage, it should be voted down.

This stuff makes me sick.

[edit on 23-12-2009 by FortAnthem]

[edit on 23-12-2009 by FortAnthem]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
You beat me to posting this...
I wonder how far this will actually go other than uncovering wrong-doing. It seems after the facts come out then nothing else happens lately. It goes away. Holder won't let anyone touch those that recieved the Lord's love for thier vote.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
When you take a bribe from a private entity you go to prison. When you take a bribe from lord government you're doing god's work.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
This might be a double whammy for The Democrat Party.

1. The illegally pass this bill, and pay the polical price for it.

2. The bill gets struck down by the Supreme Court, and they still pay the price for it.

Actually I can thing of another.....3. Bill passes, Democrats pay dearly, then the grown ups come in and kill the bill.

Triple Whammy!!!!!

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I don't see webbot mentioned around here very much anymore, but I figured I'd drudge up the context change slated for the end of this year. Maybe this is the straw that broke the [trusting] camel's back?

I mean it has it's own scandal title and everything.

'The Nebraska compromise'

Whoa.

The first paragraph of the article mentioning that it was the constitutionality of the deal that is in question alludes to the addressing of a very fundamental problem within our government.

perhaps this is when the collective mind shifts from, "i'm pretty sure the government is working in our best interest," to, "****, i think we've been had."

just a

thought

[edit on 12/23/09 by CSquared288]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I think we are screwed. No matter what anyone tries, they are going to have trouble derailing this train. And we are in for the rail-job of this new century!

new topics

top topics

join