It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Mayans Likely Had Fountains and Toilets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Ancient Mayans Likely Had Fountains and Toilets

www.livescience.com

The ancient Mayans may have had enough engineering know-how to master running water, creating fountains and even toilets by controlling water pressure, scientists now suggest.

Perhaps the earliest known example of the intentional creation of water pressure was found on the island of Crete in a Minoan palace dating back to roughly 1400 BC. In the New World, the ability to generate water pressure was previously thought to have begun only with the arrival of the Spanish.
The Maya of Palenque
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

"The Maya of Palenque had water pressure technology by 750 AD at the very latest and most likely much earlier."

I always wondered if there was one guy from the future who travelled back in time and was like a leader of the ancient mayans.

I would love to somehow go back in time and see how these people lived and also how much knowledge they had.

The fact that they had toilets and understood water pressure so well in 750AD.

Actually 750AD is not that difficult to believe especially when you consider the mayans

www.livescience.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I've seen a couple doc's that verify the Mayans had water pressure, aquaduct's etc

The Aztec's definetly had hot & cold running water as reported by the Spainish and advanced knowlege of water pressure and basically everything else such as artificial island's for farming and man-made lakes ETC.

The king of the Aztec's actually had a jaccuzi like setup in which he would bath multiple time's daily while looking at the great sprawl of what is now Mexico city, that particular doc is shown on the history channel quite often and actually show's the hot tub and the overview which must have been quite a beautiful site in older time's due to the obsession of planting flower's all over the city.

join