It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Pregnant Troops Be Disciplined

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Well, here it is. Order and discipline can go to hell. Combat readiness is passe.

We now have the politically correct military, as if the Ft. Hood massacre didn't already drive that point home.

Military to scrap pregnancy punishment

The U.S. military in Iraq will scrap a policy early next year that has led to the punishment of some soldiers serving in Iraq for becoming pregnant, the commander of U.S. forces in Iraq said on Thursday.

General Ray Odierno said the new, Iraq-wide guidelines would take effect beginning January 1, lifting rules enacted by the U.S. commander in northern Iraq, who reports to Odierno, that laid out possible punishments for pregnancy among his soldiers.

The policy had been criticized by some women's advocates and on Tuesday four U.S. senators wrote to the secretary of the U.S. Army asking that it be rescinded.

www.reuters.com

I can hardly think of a more idiotic statement as this:

"We can think of no greater deterrent to women contemplating a military career than the image of a pregnant woman being severely punished simply for conceiving a child," the senators wrote to Cucolo today. "This defies comprehension. As such, we urge you to immediately recind this policy."

The letter was signed by Sens. Barbara Boxer of California, Barbara Mikulski of Maryland, Jeanne Shaheen of New Hampshire, and Kirsten Gillibrand of New York.

abcnews.go.com

Everyone with a brain predicted this outcome a generation ago, now it has come to fruition.

Feminist have been accusing men of "just not getting it." Well, now we get it. National security and combat readiness are not as important as some Marxist political agenda.

[edit on 2009/12/24 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

The solution is obviously to not allow pregnant women to avoid deployment. It would be unfair gender bias to do so. Then when womens groups whine about that, tell them that just because a woman is pregnant doesn't mean she cannot fight.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Your solution is just more of what is wrong now.

The military will not work as a social experiment.

The truth is that the seeds of destruction have been sown and now it is just a matter of time before the military is paralyzed by this nonsense and the kind that led to the Ft. Hood massacre.

I can't see ever getting the proverbial genie back into the bottle.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Selahobed
You guys should appreciate us more... Do you think we like to see our fellow countrymen with limbs blown off? Do you think we dont get affected by the fact that the dead have wives and kids? Do you even realise that in a hot extraction with bullets and bombs flying around that who is treating you is i a woman? or a part of the team?...
we have shared all of the same sh&t as you.. And have carried you under fire... When are we going to win your respect???

I myself have killed for you!! With a 9mm.. Me a freakin woman! To mend people... Then people whinge when we get preggars coz we need some comfort in the worst circumstances imaginable... Like when a guy had died and his bro in the same unit was injured too... I held him all night... Not because its my job but because i am a woman.. An english woman at that!! That was along time ago but the premise still stands... We love you guys.. Please dont die....

What does any of this have to do with not following an order?

It must be so nice to pick from all those hot young men which one you want as a bed mate, I'm sure the multitude of others that are not picked and get to sleep alone every night for seven plus months don’t mind. I’m sure it all leads to a very healthy situation too.

So you capped someones ass... saying that as a thug would...for was it the right thing to do? I'm not quite so sure as you explained it.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Propaganda press says it is myth that bromide was put into the soldiers food, but the old veterans have always said otherwise. See what I mean in this article - the official story and then the reader comments which follow www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2009/06/29/2611115.htm

Both my parents signed up to the Australian forces for active duty during the Second World War and I've heard from a number of the veterans that bromide salts were added to the food.

The US has never been invaded and given the size of your military this is extremely unlikely. You have become an aggressor nation, as you are the invaders of other nations. Obama despite his promises is working hard to spread the terror of war in the Middle East as far as I can see.

9/11 was a false flag event and Israel is very pleased that your soldiers now die on behalf of the zionazi agenda.Expect another one soon, as they also wish for war against the Persians.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
The British invaded the US in the early 19th Century. It was called the war of 1812. America is strong, but we have our vulnerabilities.

You're a very misinformed individual. I hope you try to further your education.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Click here for more information.

[edit on 26-12-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

The US Army can take on any of the World's armed forces, combat in multiple combat zones, carrying on the largest military force the World has EVER seen .. they will loose to no one........

and yet...

4 letters from 4 fem nazis and a few women complaining that it's not their fault they disobeyed orders and screwed on the front lines and just happened to get pregnant can alter the very way the entire Armed forces works.

There is a lesson to be learned. And not on our end, because we don't learn lessons in America, we love Political Correctness. But terrorist listen up: You don't need to blow up our buildings or suicide bombings, or fighting in the streets. Just send some angry women to complain to our Military leaders, should work much better.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Woman getting pregnant... sounds like people being people to me. I think it's pretty natural. What isn't natural is an invasion force. I'm thinking priorities may have gotten a bit twisted here...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join