It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I physically removed my TV from my house

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I went a month or so without both computer & Tv. I could quite easily live without my tv, staying off the computer was the hard part. It's like going cold turkey, it's than that you realize what a waste of time it is & that their's a whole world out their. Well the addiction got the better of me I just couldn't find a hobby to fill the time with. In that time I found myself to be alot more alert & social. Now i have gone back to being Introverted
People thought I was crazy

[edit on 23-12-2009 by toshly]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
we gave our tv away in 2003...mostly because we didnt want our lil boy to grow up around it.... it was a huge adjustment for me at first...so we dusted of the library card and now its a weekly pilgrimage for all of us.
i dont miss it at all...and when we go around and visit my bro their goddam tv is always on and theyll sit there and even watch ads and comment on it!
were infinitely better off without the propaganda portal.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Pretty funny watching people glued to the telly, my mum won't even take her eyes off the screen to talk to me, her personality is defiantly different. she could sit through a whole show without saying a word. If interrupted she'll flip

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

Oh no! How are you going to be able to watch DISTRICT 9?? Didn't you know that it is out on blu-ray and DVD now?!!

You threw out your t.v. and jumped on the internet so you could tell us all about it! At least now you can say, "I don't watch television. I don't even own one."

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Just dont watch the news.
Watch more Family Guy...

Sorted

Init

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I don't own a TV. The only stuff I enjoyed was animal planet and discovery.

The History channel was biased to all hell.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
We haven't had a TV in our house for years. It's good for the kids and ourselves as not only are we not constantly fed commercialized mind-control devices. for our children it fosters an atmosphere where they HAVE to be creative, as well as for ourselves. People always react to us weirdly when we tell them, but that's okay. We still watch movies on our laptop sometimes, but mostly our time is spent listening to music, being creative, reading, etc. Our home environment is much more serene since doing so.

Keep it up! Because TV is a primary mind-control component, even if the controlling aspects of it aren't centralized. But, the internet can be the same as well. So, it's all about how you monitor yourself, above all else.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I don't watch TV.

But you also have a screen in front of you : your computer.

Psychologically ( and physically ) : human are attracted by this illusion. a screen is perfect illusion, the brainwashing tool : and maybe the screen will be your brain in few years.

You can find studies on it, if you are a thinker.

Men are attracted by the movment, and woman by faces , and narratives stories : this is more than . THIs is truth and proofed since you born, a child differences in gender.

I don't know where we are going with internet ... I Hope internet will be free and uncontrolled : you will have to choose the best choice for your freedom : "anonymous" and decentralized network, news network, website, P2P ...

Go away from any centralized / mass media network, don't give your money to them :

construct your freedom with your money : support other free network : support open source software, open music, open media, open news etc.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
I have determined it to be a brainwashing tool, and don't want it in my house anymore. I just couldn't handle it anymore.

I feel much better, even after just 24 hours.

Has anyone else taken the step, to simply remove their TV?

How did your family react?

How do you feel, and are you accomplishing more in your life?

How can you life without movies and Modern Warfare 2?
jk.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
First I will say I like ATS. BUT this place can be just as bad as TV if you don't separate the junk mail

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I did a media "fast" once a few years ago. Went a month without television, newspapers, magazines, radio, or other media sources. At first it was difficult (especially the radio) but by the time the month was over, I was accomplishing a lot more with my time, and was a lot calmer in my life.

Even now, years later, I hardly watch television. My husband is addicted to the thing, though; he would watch 24/7 if possible. Drives me nuts.

Occasionally I'll watch Destination Truth....love that show! Otherwise, its just movies and games for me.

I would love to get rid of our tv. But I think my husband might divorce me if I did so.

Keep smiling, all!

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I have determined it to be a brainwashing tool, and don't want it in my house anymore. I just couldn't handle it anymore.

Fantastic and good for you. There is a reason why it is called a TV PROGRAM.

I do still own one and it is used only for netflix which I control. Now when I go to someone's house that has a TV, which is on normal programming, I cringe. I kid you not I actually cringe and cannot wait to leave. Sad....very sad.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Now you will miss the Et disclosure on TV
and in few month you will be entertaining your family like this

[edit on 23-12-2009 by Gloster]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Hey my friend, I am going on my second full year without TV. I kept it for a year without ever turning it on before I gave it away to someone about a year ago.

It's one of two things I have done that have radically changed the quality of my life.

The other was getting rid of my car for a bicycle. I made that choice after seeing a documentary online about some of the things that the oil companies do in third world nations and realized that I was monetarily supporting a culture of murder and destruction.

I don't have the TV bombarding me 24 hours a day with doom and gloom and anger and subliminal messages anymore.

I don't have a slavery to the oil, insurance companies and state anymore.

I actually get out and go a lot more places on my bicycle than I ever did in my car, parking is easier and it's always nice to get the fresh air and exercise even at night (fortunately I live in warm and flat Miami).

I save a lot of money on gas and insurance and parking, and I am healthier and feel much better about myself knowing I am not supporting a culture of death.

I look for real ways to interact in positive ways without being enslaved to the TV for entertainment and it makes me happier and more balanced and far more open minded too.

I am actually going to let my Driver's License expire this year and not renew it because of the Federal Real ID act.

I am constantly looking for ways to opt out and drop out of the government's and the corporation's control grid and it feels great.

Welcome aboard, I hope this is the first of many steps for you where you reclaim your natural life and sovereignty as a human being from the State and the Corporations.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

CONGRADULATIONS! I boycotted TV (and radio) 6 years ago (i'm 30) and have never looked back. My woman and I usually brag to others about it.... but people just don't get it. Of coarse I still have a TV to watch my $1 VHS movies (for those "cuddle nights" with woman).

the pro's
1. I have so much extra time to be productive and focus on real life goals.
2. I have had the time to find out who I really am and my own spiritual belief system.
3. I feel no urge to go to corporate "fast food" places (which I boycotted 5 years ago).
4. I feel no urge to buy "junk food items" at the supermarket.
5. I don't know about nor care to know about the latest movies, medications, teen idols/superstars, etc...

the con's....
0. When people start talking about TV subjects, I am totally out of the loop... but I don't care either, its a waste of breath to me

misc.
1. I can get my news and documentary fixes online (through alternative and MSM sources).
2. I can get my movie or series fixes online (through youtube or netflix instant view... create an account and share it with your friends).
3. when going to friends homes. I notice the total attention the TV recieves from it's viewers... it will even start to suck me in even as I try not to... really quite weird if you ask me.

Guess I could babble on about the greatness of NOT having "Cable", but I'll save the rest for you to find out.... but it was a breath of fresh air to see your post. Hope it works out for you

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
haven't had a TV for almost 2 years now.

Just means I spend way ore time on the net.

half a dozen of one for six of another....

good luck.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Gloster

miss ET diclosure?...... ya..... like..... miss a nuke being set off in DC? Come on, ever heard of word of mouth news, or going to a neighbors home to see a big shin-dig event.

If your comment was supposed to be witty, I must have missed it..... guess you need to be a TV watcher to get it....

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Can I move in with you? (Only kidding)

My husband has a huge flatscreen in the living room.

I pretty much read and net surf in the back room.

The dog lays on the couch with his head buried under the pillows if the behemoth is on.

My husband is the sweetest, kindest soul - I dearly love him so sometimes I sit there in the livingroom and read while he watches the tv.

I've noticed when I sit out there with him, even for just an hour or two and don't glance up even very much at what is on my dreams are weird, dark and just unseattling.

When I stay "in the back room" away from the monstrosity blaring away my dreams are more peaceful.

My gut feeling and it's MHO: Is that there is a systematic brain "conditioning" eminating from the tv. It's on a subconscious level not readily defineable.

www.wariscrime.com...

Leslie Stahl makes some very interesting comments on the morality and ethics of mind-control.

Here are mine:

1. The technology called FMRI (Functional Magnetic Resonance) is old and archaic actually. Mengele and others were “reading” brain waves via magnetic resonance graphing in the early 70’s. Boston-Logan Airport is already using new light-wave beams to scan and read air traveler’s intentions before they board the planes.

2. The German individual Stahl interviewed was very hesitant to reveal exactly who had the mind-reading technology today. Again, just look at the U.S. Patents issued in the last decade to realize the height and breadth of the mind-control explosion — and keep in mind that patents are usually applied for after the technology has been proven to be commercially viable via working models.

3. The FMRI “computer” that “reads the mind” is just one side of the coin. It is much, much easier to produce emotions and impulses into the brain than to actually read the brain via computer programs.

4. This technology needs much more bandwidth space than is currently provided by analog signals in order to be implemented. Thus, the need to switch to digital signals exclusively.

5. This technology, in the wrong hands, is a bigger threat to individual freedom than any standing army.

6. Is Homeland Security the “wrong hands”? Why is this just now beginning to be reported by such news programs as “60 Minutes”?

Read this patent abstract, and then read my exposé on digital TV once again in the context of Stahl’s report.

USP # 6,488,617 (December 3, 2002)

Title: Nervous System Manipulation by EM Fields from Monitors.

Issued to: Loos, Hendricus.

Abstract: Physiological effects have been observed in a human subject in response to stimulation of the skin with weak electromagnetic fields that are pulsed with certain frequencies near 1/2 Hz or 2.4 Hz, such as to excite a sensory resonance.

Many computer monitors and HD TV screens, when displaying pulsed images, emit pulsed electromagnetic fields of sufficient amplitudes to cause such excitation. It is therefore possible to manipulate the nervous system of a subject by pulsing images displayed on a nearby computer monitor or DIGITAL TV set. For the latter, the image pulsing may be embedded in the program material, or it may be overlaid by modulating a video stream, either as an RF signal or as a video signal.

The video link above is unsettling.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FORMe2p00p0n

I think the comment was a reference to some ATS threads about David Wilcock saying t.v. time had been booked to announce disclosure.

So I guess you would have to be an ATS addict to have gotten it

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Ha ha, scared of the tv having control over yourself so you remove it from that house...only to get on something that has far more brainwashing and damaging potential....the internet, lol.

Seems to me, OP, that your T.V. is not the real problem here.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join