It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I physically removed my TV from my house

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
This thread inspired me to do one about tv being used as a weapon. Maybe more people will see it here. It's worth thinking about.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

"Digital TV:Mind Control and the Sound of Silence"

From www.wariscrime.com...

..." It overviews a secret Pentagon psychotronics technology known as Silent Sound Spread Spectrum (SSSS) that has been fully operational since the early 1990s. I first found out about the use of this technology from Al Bielek in a 1992 video he made with Vladimir Terziski. This technology was used against battle-hardened Iraqi troops fortified in deep underground bunkers in Kuwait and Iraq in the first Gulf War in January of 1991.

....This technology is about to be used, albeit in a more subtle fashion, against American citizens in a highly classified and covert operation to mind control and manipulate the entire population into ‘compliance’ with our New World order overlords. The technology will utilize a combination of HAARP transmitters, GWEN towers, microwave cell phone towers, and the soon-to-be-mandatory High Definition Digital TV that will enter your home via: a) cable, b) satellite, c) HD TVs, or d) those oh-so-easy-to-obtain “digital converter boxes” that the government is so anxious to help you obtain and underwrite most of the cost on your behalf.

But why is the government so anxious to help American citizens experience a clearer and more highly defined television picture? Does that make sense to you? Since when is the government so concerned about the visual quality of our televised entertainment that congress would pass an undebated statutory proclamation which mandated that the HD conversion take place on Feb. 17, 2009 and and then subsidze about 90% of the associated cost?"....

C'mon,fellow Conspiracy Theorists! Does this raise suspicions or what?! This goes beyond simple "brainwashing" by advertisers and social engineers.

QUOTE(con't):

...“In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist. We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or our democratic processes.”

.... Here we have a career military officer, and sitting US President warning the nation in his final farewell speech, that something called “unwarranted influence by the military-industrial complex” poses an extremely dangerous threat to our Free Republic society. According to Eisenhower, this threat “exists and will persist.”...

....The Sound of Silence is a military-intelligence code word for certain psychotronic weapons of mass mind-control tested in the mid-1950s, perfected during the 70s, and used extensively by the “modern” US military in the early 90s, despite the opposition and warnings issued by men such as Dwight David Eisenhower.

...This mind-altering covert weapon is based on something called subliminal carrier technology, or the Silent Sound Spread Spectrum (SSSS) (also nicknamed S-Quad or “Squad” in military jargon). It was developed for military use by Dr. Oliver Lowery of Norcross, Georgia, and is described in US Patent #5,159,703 — “Silent Subliminal Presentation System” for commercial use in 1992. The patent abstract reads:

... “A silent communications system in which nonaural carriers, in the very low (ELF) or very high audio-frequency (VHF) range or in the adjacent ultrasonic frequency spectrum, are amplitude- or frequency-modulated with the desired intelligence and propagated acoustically or vibrationally, for inducement into the brain, typically through the use of loudspeakers, earphones, or piezoelectric transducers. The modulated carriers may be transmitted directly in real time or may be conveniently recorded and stored on mechanical, magnetic, or optical media for delayed or repeated transmission to the listener.”

... In layman’s terms, this device, this “Sound of Silence”simply allows for the unwarranted implantation of specific thoughts, emotions, and even prescribed physical actions into unsuspecting human beings. In short, it has the very real ability to turn human beings into mere puppets in the hands of certain “controllers,” or puppet-masters."...

This sounds like something that has to be activated and intensified,but maybe it's happening incrementally also? (Just look around at societies "zombies",and it makes ya wonder!)

This ought to get your conspiracy-antennae up!

From
www.freedom-to-tinker.com...

QUOTE:

..."the Sensenbrenner-Conyers analog hole bill, which would impose a secret law – a requirement that all devices that accept analog video inputs must implement a secret technical specification for something called a VEIL detector. If you want to see this specification, you have to pay a $10,000 fee to a private company and you have to promise not to tell anyone about the technology. It's pretty disturbing that our representatives would propose this kind of secret law."...

This site gives me the creeps! (If VEIL looks like "EVIL" to you,you may be right!)
www.veilinteractive.com...

[edit on 25-12-2009 by On the Edge]

Ram

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I threw mine out in year 2000 - Not that i NEVER see TV - I just don't "enjoy" it anymore -

Friend of mine gets depressed watching TV...

If you can remove such object from your life - these times
Your a true hero..

I also broke my TV-Card for PC some years back - Jumping on it...

I have no idea what is hot and what is not these times....

good luck..

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Well done! I hate the things.

I haven't owned one for years, but my wife went out and got one. Can't stand the energies they transmit.

Originally posted by On the Edge
But why is the government so anxious to help American citizens experience a clearer and more highly defined television picture?

Well, it isn't because they love you and care for you. I think there is definately a sinister motive behind it.

[edit on 25/12/09 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by lo_fye
I cancelled my cable 10 years ago. I still watch TV, but only downloaded episodes that already have the commercials removed. We rent & download movies, and play video games, too... The big difference is that you can't channel surf to waste time. When you watch, you watch something on purpose, with intent, and without commercials. It's awesome. If I could subscribe to just the channels I want, and get them without any commercials, I would do it immediately.

And this is also possible even with cable or satellite.

We watch with intent. We use the commercial breaks to discuss what has happened until now. Guess what will happen. Check facts from the program on the internet. Or visit the loo. Make tea. Feed the cats. Give/recieve a kiss and a cuddle.

Commercials are wasted on us. We are of the opinion that if the company can afford to carpet bomb my film with commercials then their products are over priced. And if they really find it apropriate to interrupt my film, then they don't deserve our money.

In Denmark a few companies only advertise between programs. They might deserve our trade.

As for brainwashing programs.
If a person decide to watch yet another lame episode of Lost, then it is that persons choice. Lots of people choose it and therefore the show still runs (in Denmark at least).

There are reasons why Discovery Channel now focus on dysfunctional motorcycle builders and people who claim to bust myths with dubious evidence and a tendency to blow things up.
There are reasons why nature programs are about dangerous animals and have stupid people running around throwing themselves on crocodiles and snakes.
There are reasons why films now have a token black and cars exploding at the drop of a hat.
There are reasons why a stupid man like Bear Grylls are chosen as Chief Scout even if he IS Survivor Man and tells you how to get out of sticky (albeit contrived) situations and a man like Ray Mears is vastly more appropriate for the post. Mears teach us how NOT to get into said situations.

These reasons are polls.
Many people watch these programs and fansites are ripe with praise.

It is thought provoking that people who wants quality aren't as loud and persistent.

I also suspect that some of the reasons why polls show that Sooo many people watch a given show is that they truthfully state that they watched it but there are no box to tick that "they wouldn't if there was a quality alternative".

Ranting again. I'm sorry.

In short. THEY didn't make tv what it is through fighting popular demand.
THEY made tv the way it is because we allowed it.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
By removing your TV, you admit defeat. Why not just get a TIVO and record only what interests you , and skip through all the bullcrap?

With todays technology you can block all the crap channels and focus on the content you allow your kids to see. It is very easy.

To sacrifice your TV, you limit your own freedom in my book.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
While bluebelle and other posters have risen to refute the assertion that TV is a brainwashing tool, and I applaud their efforts to point out that there is another side to everything, facts that have been thought over by sociologists, anthropologists and communication scientists that have given serious thought to the subject are worth considering for those of you who are more logical and conscious. THEN you can have your subjective judgment and ask yourself: Am I defending a habit or am I ready to look at the evidence?

No. 1: SLICING UP YOUR TIME IS a brainwashing tool big time: in watching TV, others will divide your time up for you. You are no longer in control of your time. This has a deep hypnotic effect and has always been a component of brainwashing, Nazi or Communist for example.

The same is untrue of DVD's or the Internet - even if you are watching podcasts,. YouTube or something. Advertising, as well as the change of pictures in any news flash or sound bite are SLICED-UP TIMING on TV.

While many ads are also seen on the Internet, the majority of them do not interfere with browsing at your own pace. They are unable to control your timing. When a certain one tries to do so, e.g. a pop-up window (that most smart users block), users notice it and do something. MAybe there are one hundred ads on a page but most of them are there ALL THE TIME with only a few popup windows. The medium of TV, if you start to analyze it scientifically, would compare to an Internet site where all the ads are popup ones, timed to precision, designed in sequence, with SOUND as the most important signal.

TV always has sound. The Internet frequently does not, unless you turn on to watch something at your own pace and convenience. Even if you walk out of your room while a commercial plays, the broadcasting corporation determines when that happens and not you.

Deaf people watching a show signing are an exception.

Control of your timing has always been a basic tool of brainwashing, it sets up a hypnotic framework, whether you consciously like the contents or not. I have studied hypnotherapy and practice it professionally (but not for the corporations' benefit, rather for that of the patient.) I have also read a zillion theories on how hypnotism works, as well as reprogramming manuals etc. Please prove me if I wrong with credible research.

Whoever can interrupt you any time has a certain degree of control over your perception. It would be hard to debate that... With watching recorded materials or films, YOU can the trance any time with a remote. The power to interrrupt is tied in ecology and etology to a higher rank or importance. For example, a young mother will interrupt anything if she thinks her newborn babe requires attention. Translation: the baby is the most important thing in her life at that time. That is how nature set it up.

TV interrupts even those users who can rationally control viewing habits or who can be critical of contents, except for those who frequently record stuff for later viewing. Translation: TV will be more important than a lot of other stuff in your environment, whether you like it or not.

To put it in plainer words: They can interrrupt you, whereas with the Internet, in most situations YOU can interrupt THEM. That is true of watching DVD's or material recorded from TV.

Slicing up your time has been a component of classic brainwashing (the term was applied to Chinese and Korean Communist practioces to break prisoners). To start classic brainwashing, many times for a long time all captors did was to DIVIDE the TIME of resistanmt prisoners. They rang the bell, or put the lights on and off, gave something to eat etc. at their own timing, preferably at fixed times. Or they woke people up several times at random. When you got used to it, you took it for granted.

The fact is, most brainwahsing techniques have nothing to do with content. They are all about the form and the framework of continuation. If you do not believe me, watch any clip of Derren Brown putting people into trance on YouTube. He is excellent.

No. 2. TV and films, accessing your visual as well as auditory cortex have almost total control over your state of mind. Radio does not. Most people in our civilization think in pictures and words primarily. When pairing these two most important represenatational systems, moving, flashing pictures with human sound, music and effects, a trance effect is caused. Trances are important in structuring reality. However, I prefer to have a choice over what trances I invite. Now in case of a DVD or YouTube, you have a conscious act of entering the trance of your choosing (you click or press the button), and you know all the time that you can always PRESS THE BUTTON and PAUSE IT. Fast forward etc. This in an all-important difference. With TV, all you can do is switch channels or walk out of the room.

In classic brainwashing, you can apply films to prisoners as long as they cannot stop them at their will. Now you can PRESS THE RED BUTTON on your TV set, but most are manufactured these days in a way that you "do not have to turn the set off physically" - which is pretty bad from the point of view of psychology, because that could be an unconscious boundary you set to the people supplying the trance.

With commercials or unwanted parts of news flashes, frequently what people do is just walk out of the room - in other words, STOP the TV's visual input and RELY ON AUDIO SIGNALS TO RETURN. With the exception of deaf people, you leave the sound on...

You see?

It is the sound that gives most people a Pavlovian signal to get back into the living room once the commercial is over. Again, it is paid agents of corporations that will determine the slicing up of your time and they give you AUDITORY SIGNALS.

Now with radio, even though there is auditory control over your interests, YOU MAKE YOUR OWN INNER PICTURES. So whoever controls timing, will never control you totally. Added to this is that most modern Westerners are more consciuous of what they say and listen to (audio input and output) than the pictures they receive. Added to this, it is mostly researchers trained in communication techniques that will consciously note the subtle art of weaving the two together.

About the Brazilian angle: I am not sure everyone noticed the glaring contradiction:
1. A few American corporations control most American TV, whereas
2. A few American corporations control most Brazilian TV...

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
A Television is simply a device for communication. However how one interprets that communication is at the sole discretion of the owner of said device.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
This is an incomplete picture. TV is one-way communication from the corporations to the viewer. With the Internet, communication is frequently really interactive. E.g. here on ATS. You just wrote something that I can respond to. Try that with TV... You can talk to it, but will does not talk back. With interactive TV programs, there is a person who screens your responses and you cannot control the pictures, at best someone reads out what you wrote in. If you want active time on TV, pictures and all, you have to book advertising time for a sizeable sum of money. Corporations and governments have that kind of money, you and I do not. That is why the medium is deeply flawed and that is why it lends itself to social controlling, as Mander pointed out.

Again, I stress, controlling your timing is a very strong, basic hypnotic tool.

What I would qote from Marshal McLuhan is that "the medium is the message."

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
If you are controlled, you have allowed yourself to be controlled.

If you are oppressed, you have let yourself become oppressed.

If you are weak of mind, you have let yourself become this way.

Take responsibility for yourself, running away from the world is not the answer.

If you don't want TV that's fine. I don't think the announcement was really necessary and what you have done is not really regarded as anything but throwing out your trash. Hardly thread worthy.

so when are you getting a flat screen? I bet you won't toss that. lol

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by djusdjus
***snip***
***snip***

Let's not forget the multitude of parents who plant their young ones in front of the tv in stead of interacting with it.
Allowing the child to watch mindnumbing episodes of endless series in stead of spending quality time with it.

In fact - training it to be a mindless cheep.

We have not let our selves become this way - we have been conditioned by our parents.

Some of us have the wherewithall to think for our selves and resist. Others have not.

We should help them. Not pity them.

We should pass laws that prohibit commercials on tv. We should consider tv on par with educational books. We should ban stupid series in the time frame where kids might watch. We should disallow parents to install tv's in childrens rooms.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

thank you for this! we've been without tv for some years now but i did ponder the digital tv government backed surge. it was a real eye opener to find just how global this is! en.wikipedia.org...
igital_broadcast_standards.svg
they are preparing for a full on final assault on us from so many different directions its going take a lot of work and belief to get out of this.
the veil technology was startling! and literally sent a bolt through me...i will never have another tv in my house again.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Although I haven't removed it, I haven't subscribed to cable in over 4 years. I think one just gets to a breaking point where, they can't deal with certain things anymore. Mine has been; TV and eating animals. I just can't stomach either.
I do enjoy watching videos though. Documentaries and old reruns of All in the Family and Roseanne. Go figger.

I agree with you. TV is pure brainwashing. You can't hardly change a channel, at any given moment and NOT stumble upon a commercial. It's all marketing and when it's not, it's so dumb that my intellect just can't absorb it anymore. So...............good for you. You're missing nothing!

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
The only thing worth the time watching on tv is CSPAN in the morning.
Other than that, the tv's get use for playing some Atari and Sega, and some VHS tapes and DVD's.
That's about it.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I haven't watched TV since the European Championship 2008 and before that haven't watched that much. Television sucks, especially here in Germany, were all movies are overdubbed and the good ones are cut too. I can't stand that. German television is full of crap and may be the worst in the world. Stupid News (Most News Shows are full of celebrity news with little real news), reality TV, soap Operas and other #

I would never removed my TVs though. I need them for my video games and movies on DVD and Blu Ray

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
You will "physically" put it back in place , no need to brag about removing it.

If you don't like tv rent dvds documentaries etc..

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

Ofcourse you need it,me too i use it for the playstation3 and blue ray i could physically remove my sofa... it kinda old, hey people who physically removed T.V thinking about removing sofa too?

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
God is in the TV....................

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by djusdjus
If you are controlled, you have allowed yourself to be controlled.

If you are oppressed, you have let yourself become oppressed.

Take responsibility for yourself, running away from the world is not the answer.

If you don't want TV that's fine. I don't think the announcement was really necessary and what you have done is not really regarded as anything but throwing out your trash. Hardly thread worthy.

so when are you getting a flat screen? I bet you won't toss that. lol

Finally some clearly defined logic, common sense and understanding has prevailed with this post by djusdjus. It always seems so easy to blame anyone, anything and everything else for the maladies that seem to afflict
humankind.

[edit on 25-12-2009 by Epsillion70]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by djusdjus

The OP was asking people's opinions on the topic because he just did it. He did not come on here solely to announce that he did it. Your response was not really a response to what the OP said because you didn't even contribute to the thread in any meaningful way. So... why did you post this statement? (btw I don't really need an answer from you, the question was rhetorical)

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Ok, first off i just wanted to say i hope all of you have had a wonderful holiday so far! I dont have as long as i'd like to online tonight but wanted to reply to a few people pointing out their issues with what i have said in previous posts.. I am well aware that not all the problems have to do with the television on its own.. of course every day from dawn to night and back again we are all whomped with advertising, thought control manipulations, consumerism bs, and so on from all angles seen and unseen..white noise is a major freak out of mine that isnt just 'hippie crap paranoia' as i have been told by some in the past...But yes, thankfully many of us, at least here on the ATS forum and others we each may know can and do, to an extent, think for themselves, and can decide what to watch, believe, take in etc.. but that isnt everyone sadly, and a scary portion of the populace can not, and do not think for themselves, hence the take over works and they go about their lives in a zombied stupor..and no this is not simply from television, but damn it that box helps nothing and contrubutes drastically!! Sure you can pick your shows and programmes that interest you, i used to love the history channel, documentaries, animal planet, loads of stuff.. and wow i loved Topgear! lol but it wasnt worth all of the other aspects that came with the device (tv) ..and certainly not something i wanted on, even for background noise, with my child in the house.. the electrical buzzing a few people have mentioned in this thread are right, it does make that sound, and its not a normal electrical item sound if that makes sense.. its a whole different pitch... though now with the digital upgrading taking place, its got to be worsening.. my in laws have the whole new set up, wide screen, digi televisions in at least 4 rooms of their house that i know of, and my husband and his mother both get wicked dizzy and queasy watching it, due to what the naked eye does not pick up noticably with the set, the gods only know what thats doing to the mind! no one can tell me thats a good thing.. sorry lol.. My apologies for not making myself more clear in the first posts i made on the thread, i do not, nor ever have blamed all the worlds ills on the box alone.. the sources of said ills are really quite innumerable. And i will always believe they should all be 'defenistrated' from everyones homes, better even, from a few stories up.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join