It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I physically removed my TV from my house

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Lunchman

Excellent..The part of you experience shared that got me was about the drama especially..its something i notice with everyone it seems, though ids seem to be the worst for it, they learn it from the tv but also from the parents who are obsessed with the tv and its programming.. Also, as far as proper thought forming and being able to think more clearly, absolutely!! both tv and a bunch of food additives contribute to dulling down/dumbing down the planet..we havent had tv for some time now, but have in the past few years started watching everything food wise that e buy, no chemicals, colorings etc.. its amaing how much cleared our thought patterns and our actions are these days.. it isnt easy, as you say people do look at you like your a 'freak' when denouncing the box, lol but its well wworth it i would say too

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Hell yeah for Farscape!!!! lol

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Seasons Greetings,

Here is a thought, next time you are somewhere where humans are watching television, try to imagine that the screen is blank...zombies in action.

I have refrained from partaking in the pastime for a good nine moths, however I now spend most of my time on ATS preparing for the end of the world.....every couple of weeks there is a new threat lol

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
It's information like this,along with the secular propaganda and subliminals from tv shows that convinced me to give it up over a year ago.

I have no regrets at all!

Sports fans have the hardest time giving it up,I'd imagine.(My brother wouldn't dream of missing his sports!)

From
www.wariscrime.com...

QUOTE:

...."This is an extremely timely and important essay. It overviews a secret Pentagon psychotronics technology known as Silent Sound Spread Spectrum (SSSS) that has been fully operational since the early 1990s. I first found out about the use of this technology from Al Bielek in a 1992 video he made with Vladimir Terziski. This technology was used against battle-hardened Iraqi troops fortified in deep underground bunkers in Kuwait and Iraq in the first Gulf War in January of 1991.

The physical, emotional, and psychological effects of this technology were so severe that hundreds of thousands of Iraqi troops surrended en masse without firing even a single shot against US led coalition forces. The numbers reported in the news were staggering: 75,000 and then annother 125,000 (or more) Iraqi troops would come out of their deep desert bunkers waving white flags and falling to their knees before approaching US troops and literally kiss their captor’s boots or hands if given the opportunity.

Why would eight year veterans of Middle Eastern warfare (with Iran 1980-1988) behave this way? Simple. They were subjected to a technology that was so extreme and incomprehensible that they were suddenly reduced to the level of compliant children and felt grateful to still be alive in the wake of their mind-wrenching experience.

This technology is about to be used, albeit in a more subtle fashion, against American citizens in a highly classified and covert operation to mind control and manipulate the entire population into ‘compliance’ with our New World order overlords. The technology will utilize a combination of HAARP transmitters, GWEN towers, microwave cell phone towers, and the soon-to-be-mandatory High Definition Digital TV that will enter your home via: a) cable, b) satellite, c) HD TVs, or d) those oh-so-easy-to-obtain “digital converter boxes” that the government is so anxious to help you obtain and underwrite most of the cost on your behalf.

But why is the government so anxious to help American citizens experience a clearer and more highly defined television picture? Does that make sense to you? Since when is the government so concerned about the visual quality of our televised entertainment that congress would pass an undebated statutory proclamation which mandated that the HD conversion take place on Feb. 17, 2009 and and then subsidze about 90% of the associated cost?"....

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
I have determined it to be a brainwashing tool, and don't want it in my house anymore. I just couldn't handle it anymore.

I feel much better, even after just 24 hours.

Has anyone else taken the step, to simply remove their TV?

How did your family react?

How do you feel, and are you accomplishing more in your life?

This really made my Christmas.

You removed it because it was a brainwashing tool? And you are on the internet and especially ATS?

On a serious note...

We still have a tv, but it only gets turned on when there is a program we wish to watch. We have also resisted this new (?) trend of having tv's in the childrens room, kitchen, bedroom and wc.

Mostly my wife has the internet tuned to BBC Radio and listens to boks and educational programs. BBC is brilliant that way. Loads of quality stuff.

And me - I work on a program that potentially could make me millions but I'm afraid to disclose the idea to anyone else and I still haven't the neccessary skills to make it really good. That's a bummer.
Apart from that I find amusement in books and on the internet. Browsing YouTube and ATS is always fun.

I'm afraid that our "Less TV" only means more of other stuff and the internet is vast and frighteningly tempting.

P.S.

Congratulations to all Americans. The health reform will bring you one step further towards civilisation.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

no we haven't removed it from our house but we don't have cable, and we don't really watch tv except for some movies. It's been like this for over a year, we are not brainwashed.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by 051r15
***snip***
The internet is entirely at YOUR disposal. For now.
***snip***
For the time being, the CORPORATIONS of the world still cannot interrupt your internet use (at least not in the USA) with their commercials
***snip***
Most modern humans are hollow, programmed clones. Rarely are they ever more.

I'm with you a long way but the internet is also a place where you go to find the content YOU WANT TO SEE.
It is a well known fact - painfully obvious on ATS - that people tend to stop searching when they find an article or site that supports the views they already have.

The commercials are already here and while they do not interrupt your browsing they are steadily becoming more intrusive. We have popups, popunders and advertising that expands to fill your screen if you happen to move your cursor across them. We have soundsnippets coming out of our speakers and we have sites where you have to register before you may enter. If you don't you get flooded with advertising. And then there are all the different ways of tracking your use with cookies.

In short - once there is a site which we simply MUST use, then it starts getting advertising sneaked in.

Very intense film. Something creepy is about to happen. Suspense galore. TrahLaLa commercial for things we don't want.
How come the movie directors and companies allow their films to be interrupted five times by commercials for Pampers Baby Dry and Cillit Bang?

The TV has developed into what it is because we allowed it.

The internet will go the same way.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Good for you but couldn't u just switch it off? I very rarely watch tv myself now days but I love watching movies and some doco's. I know you can watch them at ur computer but it's not as comfy as the couch.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I haven't been a TV watcher for nine years. Next year (2010) it will be ten years.

Nine years without TV and I'm only better off as a result. The internet has MUCH more to offer in the ways of choice, information, and freedom than television has. Not to mention that TV is.. well. Brainwashing in so many ways, all the propaganda, advertisements. Its horrible.

So yeah, don't let anybody say "oh my god you can't do it."

You can do it. I did it nine years ago. I don't own a TV and haven't for many years.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

I have NO tv in my room what so ever. It reeks of propganda... its like a constant bombardment of LIES

I love my internet, i get feed back i can watch what i like and get ALL the "news" lol when i feel fit..

tv = sucks

So good on ya and i bet your mind is filled with less rubbish for it

Not tv and happy as larry!

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
sure things on tv can be bad

but you havent really changed that much, you are still online

even though many things from tv "brainwash" people

it is not completely about what we see but how we take in and process what we see

seems to me if you put that much liability into the tv, that there may be some internal conflict and you are projecting your problems to the tv

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Dramey

No mate the problem is the fact the inernet is about YOU and how YOU interact with it.

The TV just spews out CRAP

adverts are creepy on the net you dont need to "WATCH" them as you can Ignore the buggers unless the pop up then u can close them you are not FORCED to watch it.

Let alone the "news" aspect .. most TV only has MAIN stream "news" run by the supper corps...

we get our news from bloggers and fellow like minded people who cross reffence the news and shoot holes in em

the interenet has KILLED the tv

good ridence !!

i cant wait for them to try shut it down because once they do thats when the people of this planet like will go effing insane and riot.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Neat post. I once moved to an isolated area. No TV, just radio. At first, it was a little boring... But, as the days went by, it was like giving up an addiction. Pretty soon, I wasn't even interested in what was happening to Monica on 'Friends'.

I found I was outside for several hours at a time, actually working on house projects.

Eventually, I gave into the kids request for a TV and purchased an antenna that gave us a few channels.

Just like smoking a cigarette after a year of abstinence, bam, I was hooked again. Then I bought a satellite... Years later, I configured my computer to receive and record satellite programming...

Yup... something addictive about the 'idiot box' I think...

Anyway, S&F for you.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Hello, Bravo for getting rid of your TV! I got rid of my TV ages ago and my life is more productive and meaningful for it. I have two children and a husband and we don't miss it. I used to get nothing done for trying to watch programmes, the news causes so much anxiety for me about things I cannot change. I hate going to someones house and seeing their zombified children in front of the set, or when the person you are visiting can't even pay attention to you because the box is sapping their attention.
It's the simple life for me, my children have great attention spans, wonderful vocabularies and are so vibrantly engaged by the world around them. Sure- we are a little out of touch and can't participate in the meaningless chatter about soaps and celebrities but we have time for people and appreciate eachother. TV is like poison. I love life without it.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by NadimahElizabeth

Sure- we are a little out of touch and can't participate in the meaningless chatter about soaps and celebrities

Just because you are the few, does not mean you are out of touch!!

only a few agreed the world was indeed round... and we knew what happend then did we not?

time does not change only the precption of it.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by 13579

i agree with you about how the internet is about you and how you interact with it

but we could sit here all day and debate which is worse, internet or tv, the internet, just like tv is filled with marketing, subliminal advertising, brainwashing, etc

within 15 minutes of waking up just by being in your own home you are subjected to marketing

the minute you wake up you are conditioned to use that brand of deoderant, that brand of soap or toothpaste, etc

there arent very many places to go in this world without being subjected to the marketing/advertisement/brainwashing situation that is the same from the tv

you cant go to the supermarket without walking past the checkout aisle and seeing all the crap on the magazines, the same crap you see on tv

tvs are just like you said about the internet, it is about you and how you use it and process it

wanting to blame tv for all of anyones problem is just as big a issue as the tv itself, its not placing responsibility where it is needed and that is dangerous and a big problem with our society today

no one wants to take personal responsibility, they just want to say its the tvs fault when something bad happens

its always the tvs fault or video games fault or internets fault something horrible has happened because it brainwashed someone

i dont buy it, i buy the fact the person had something going on internally that was the underlying cause, the tv may have just been a trigger when in facts its you thats the bullet

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Nice and very incouraging to see this development. The idea is at least as old as the t.v. itself
and I must compliment you on personally getting your hands dirty on this one. It is said that one has to literally grab the television and physically toss it our of the window or balcony.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Dude thats ridiculous!, If you want to remove something brainwashing remove your computer and shut off your internet.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by keepithush
Oh well if its on google it must be true, my mistake.
You kind of did a contradiction of your own comment there, you claim you don't believe there is brainwashing then went on to explain how google has proof it exists.

When a kid goes on to become a neurosurgeon, a physicist, invents a cure for an illness or saves a childs life with pioneering new techniques in medicine even though he plays the same 'brainwashing' games, listens to the same 'evil' music and watches the same 'mindwarping' television as some psycho kid who massacres his family why is it that the games aren't put under the microscope then?

I just think this pathetic nonsense about mind control and such is beyond paranoid excuses for stupidity in people. its not some special mind control trick that makes people dumb, they are dumb and watch idiotic tv that has a market in the first place because said dumb people exist.
There's sensible and intelligent television shows out there, if someone chooses to watch big brother then who's fault is that, there would be no mind numbing tv shows if there wasn't a market for it.

Or was everybody like Einstein before the TV came along?
Do scientists. doctors and generally smart and intelligent people not watch TV?
Think about it.

I dont understand what your issue is here, Im of the same opinion as you. I dont believe there's any brainwashing going on either. I was simply stating that its a little hypocritical to put all this alleged brainwashing down to television, when games have also been accused of this.

As you've said - 'think about it'.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by oze bob

The world ends every month on ATS, it's been like that since the first time I came here a few years back. You get used to it after a while.

Also, to the OP.
My TV came with this extra device called "a remote". It allows me to switch the incoming audio/video combination referred to as "a channel". Whenever I think they are trying to brainwash me I can switch to another channel where they have monkeys getting into shenanigans. Silly monkeys
Aaah technomology.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join