It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True Story: Pugs Eat Owner, Now Up For Adoption

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   

True Story: Pugs Eat Owner, Now Up For Adoption

www.fieldandstream.com

From the truth is stranger than fiction (and sometimes more depressing) department comes a tale out of Papillion, Nebraska. It seems earlier this month, the owner of two pugs committed suicide in his home but didn’t make plans for his dogs, Harry and Sally, after he departed this world.

Dogs being dogs, Harry and Sally, left without food, eventually began to...

...feed on their owner until the body was discovered two weeks later. The dogs are now in possession of the Humane Society, which is offering them up for adoption.

Any potential owner will be told the pugs’ history. But not
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.whas11.com

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
This odd story raises a few questions for me:

* Can you blame 'em? Dog's gotta do what a dog's gotta do...

* Would you adopt these 2, knowing what happened? I think I'd feel a little uncomfortable knowing they might be eye-balling me wondering what I'd taste like...

* How does PETA feel about this one? Humans getting their just reward?

www.fieldandstream.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Once they get a taste of human flesh it's all over.

Pugs roaming the countryside devouring unsuspecting farmer after farmer.

You'll know they're coming for you when you hear the labored breathing and snorting from the shadows. So low to the ground you wont see them until it's too late.

Sounds like a Sci-Fi Channel Original Movie. Complete with record-breaking budget of $15.00.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Dead on! Evil Pugs from Outer Space, they'll destroy the Human race!

Even got a little ditty for it. Feel free to improvise.

;

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Would I adopt them? NO...not because they have survival instinct and when given no other choice, ate the only food source available to them...but because they are PUGS!!!

Had this been a lab, german shep, husky, etc...then I would have no problems giving them a home!

p.s. I may throw some raw meat in their meals once a month just to make sure they don't get any ideas...

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

classic.

I have a puggle. She has this habit of letting her bottom teeth show outside her lip. She could be the poster dog for this movie. Her being mixed with beagle, makes her not look so much like she was hit in the face with a shovel at hight speed.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Hell, alot of people would eat another person if they had no other choice..like that rugby team. Can't exactly blame a dog, there have been quite a few stories like this that i have heard. Usually it's old people.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Yeah it's rather common. Cats are known to dine on their dearly departed owners too. It's just nature... but I do wonder if it's hard for them. Animals are quite intelligent and I'm sure they'd be more than aware they are chowing down on a loved one.

Would the animal be stressed doing it?

IRM

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
not hard at all a cat will eat her own kittens if you aren't watching them closely

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I knew there was something sinister about those cute little guys!

I never suspected it was a taste for human flesh.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Would you adopt these 2, knowing what happened? I think I'd feel a little uncomfortable knowing they might be eye-balling me wondering what I'd taste like...

Well, it's in a dog's nature to eat whatever food source is available. There have been quite a few reported instances where, someone who accidentally cuts off a finger or other appendage, misses the chance to have it surgically re-attached because the family dog eats it. Most dogs (& cats) will do that.

Originally posted by proteus33
...a cat will eat her own kittens if you aren't watching them closely

And a litter of pups...If the father isn't watched carefully, he might kill & eat the puppies too. If the mother is in a position to defend the pups, she will.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by proteus33
not hard at all a cat will eat her own kittens if you aren't watching them closely

heh a bit of an exaggeration, you make it out like all queens will eat their kittens if not supervised which is kinda rubbish... does it happen yes, but very rarely, more than likely either as a extreme defense measure (which is something alot of carnivorous animals do besides cats), or as a pure accident while cleaning away the after birth, cats have rather crap up close vision... throw in stress or mild stupidity on the mothers part and im sure some after birth or umbilical cord could end up with a kitten also being part of the meal.

As to the Pugs... what an ass of an owner to top themselves and completely ignore their pets needs after the fact, maybe my dads right when he says suicide is a selfish act.

Heh mildly related story, our recent kitten when we first got her effectively tried to eat my finger and the cat crunchie i gave her on day one... drew blood and gave me quite a deep wound and me giving quite a yelp... odd thing is afterwards she never seemed to try and eat things handed to her like that again... I guess she instinctively knew she'd bitten more than she was supposed to... so im my mind I recon the Pugs know what they did, and it probably does worry em.

Not a dog fan, but poor little buggers... hope someone takes em, and not just for the macabre back story.

[edit on 23-12-2009 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

my neighbor has a pug. Not a mix. One day their big lab came around the corner and barked real vicious at a guy who runs the neighborhood. The poor pug was on the other side of that corner. She got so scared, her eye litteraly popped out. they had to have the vet do surgery to put it back in. Sad as that is, I laughed for about 30 minutes when I fist heard that story. I guess I will have no problem figuring out why I go down instead of up when I die.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
PPfffftttttt, can you blame them ?? people are delicious.

" The other veal " and aside from the obvious palate pleasing quality's, some believe this practice is a gateway towards immortality.

Worlds most dangerous game ?? I say worlds most delectable delight !!!

kidding, of course !

top topics

join