It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did anyone here attend a CSETI training?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Hi,
as anyone here knows, CSETI is offering trainings and group meditations on how to make contact. They charge a lot of money for this. I would like to know if anyone on ATS ever paid for such a training and what, if any, came out of it.
Please share your experience with us.

www.cseti.org...

Have a nice day,
derpif

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I spent a few thousand dollars on this course and it surely paid off!
In fact, just the other day I came across a galactic being who had crashed his spacecraft in my backyard. Thankfully, due to my CSETI training, I was able to become friends with him and get his craft up and running.

A+++ will definitely recommend.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
I spent a few thousand dollars on this course and it surely paid off!
In fact, just the other day I came across a galactic being who had crashed his spacecraft in my backyard. Thankfully, due to my CSETI training, I was able to become friends with him and get his craft up and running.

A+++ will definitely recommend.

Why act so childish? Its a very interesting question TS, im curious. And dont mind the dissenters like Nventual

admin edit: removed derogatory epithet

[edit on 12-23-2009 by Springer]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Somewhat interesting to me is that Dr. Steven Greer's books are required reading prior to attendance in the seminars: CSETI Training Guidelines.

That doesn't necessarily negate the validity (or not) of the seminars, just interesting.

p.s. somewhat of a hefty equipment list requirement as well.

[edit on 23/12/09 by argentus]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I don't mean any offense to people interested in these sort of things, I'm just sayin..

The courses are over a thousand dollars, and it's required you order books and DVDs before signing up. Then they 'teach' you about things that haven't even been proven as fact.

I never knew there was so much money to be made in teaching how to make contact with aliens through mind power.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

Thank you for clarifying that. I don`t want this to turn into a Greer or CSETI bashing thread. I`m really interested in what kind of experience the people who go there have, if any of course.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by derpif

The same type of experience that you have in those "alternative" religions, which always ask you for more money when you sign up.

People need to start to understand that, in the case aliens are actually listening to your "brain waves", you don't need to spend thousands of dollars in order to learn how to do it. Provably, someone who is actually ancious to be contacted has a more natural "aura" than any person who takes this training.

To me, this is just a way of stealing peoples money.

I'm not bashing it, I have just read about some of their "techniques", and you can do exactly the same in your home, sitting confortably, doing meditation.

The only thing they teach you, with some degree of truth in it, is how to focus and meditate.

But after you learn how to meditate, you don't need to learn how to focus on alien contact.

It's like learning to ride a bike. You don't need training to ride the bike AND know your way home... You just need to know how to ride the bike, and you already know how to get home, or you'll figure it out by yourself.

If you are really interested in this, and if you believe it works, just learn how to meditate. After that, you can focus your mind in anything you want.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

Hi Tifozi,
thank you for your reply.
Have you ever done a "contact-meditation" yourself, and if so, would you share your experience with us?
I`m interested in learning how to meditate, but there are so many different techniques and books outthere I don`t know where to start. Could you recommend a book or a specific technique?

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I was interested in attending one of them...however after seeing the requirements, I will simply set up the infrared and night vision system I have been planning and take my chances.

I thought maybe Greer and the Disclosure Project might actually be the answer to a lot of the questions about UFOs. They have done a lot of research and the information I have seen is impressive, however when he started going out into la la land and began sending email like the "HOPE" thing I got which as someone said sounded like the ramblings of a suicidal teenager he lost me.

Would be nice if anyone ever dug into this thing with two feet that stay firmly planted on the ground and started selling books and DVDs after they have photos of themselves tossing back a brewski with ET.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Not me. I never attended anyone of them. But i did contributed generously to them. An organisation such as theirs, helping abductees and witnesses realize that they are not alone or nuts, saving them from discrimination in the face of overwhelming evidences and facts on extraterristerial lifeforms is often in need of funds to operate. Rents, Computers and offices are not free, even with volunteers. Donating to CSETI by those financially well off is a worthy cause.

I believe Greer's organisation isnt the only way capable of 'contact' thru a higher means of conciousness.

For me, a rational man, prefer evidences and credible witness accounts to make an informed judgement, and his works are good enough of me.

For the novice, I would recommend:-

1. Read up on both sides of the UFO/alien phenomena as much as possible,

2. Find a day when you are free for about 4 hrs. Sit down, relax and play this soothing but bittersweet melody continously for 3 hrs.
www.youtube.com...

4. Relax, breathe in and out, long and deep, and let the images of what you had learnt play in your mind, with no time limit. It will help you focus on the alien phenomena.

5. Gradually, you will see a bigger picture being played out, depending on your maturity and experiences in life, on the issue of aliens - on why they are here, what they are, and what do they seek.
You will gain a better clarity in understanding of the phenomena.

6. As for 'contact', I am not sure, for I stopped on the 3rd hour, as I have a real life to attend to, just as aliens, from an advance civilisation with civilised behavioural norms, have their lives to attend to as well.
Who knows, if you continue on, you may be a fortunate one to gain contact.

It's not about money, how much we should spend for knowledge, at times it could be for free, for we are dealing with civilisations that are far advance than us to worry about mere trinklets. They too, like us, seek survival of their species, which accounts for their presence here on Earth.

[edit on 23-12-2009 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

It's not about money, how much we should spend for knowledge, at times it could be for free, for we are dealing with civilisations that are far advance than us to worry about mere trinklets. They too, like us, seek survival of their species, which accounts for their presence here on Earth.

Seeker, I understand your perspective, and where you're coming from, but I respectfully disagree. $1000 dollars is WAY too much for a desert meditation/get together with no guarantee of results.

He could simply make the price $80 or something and have a waiting list, and still make it profitable.

On avg. about 23 people attend these gatherings. At $1000 a person, Greer is taking in on avg. $23,000 per outing.

Where is this money going? Into the Free Energy Technology Fund? Swiss Bank Account? Travel expenses? I've camped at Joshua Tree and it's $18 bucks a night.

Surely, Greer could share some of his well-guarded secrets of contact (specifically his toning equipment/lasers) with the rest of us, so we could attempt it on our own?

Is the price high because of Dr. Greer's well-guarded ET summoning technology techniques? Or is it high in order to keep the schizo-nutwings at bay?

Surely there's a more affordable way to make contact?

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightVision
Seeker, I understand your perspective, and where you're coming from, but I respectfully disagree. $1000 dollars is WAY too much for a desert meditation/get together with no guarantee of results.

He could simply make the price $80 or something and have a waiting list, and still make it profitable.

On avg. about 23 people attend these gatherings. At $1000 a person, Greer is taking in on avg. $23,000 per outing.

Surely there's a more affordable way to make contact?

$1000 excluding the books, and the bleeping CSETI contact CDs

I have a horrible feeling that if people want to see a real UAP they simply have to watch the skies enough, and learn enough about identified phenomena to tell what is unidentified.

I think Greer and the like distract massively from that. Buy this book, CD, pay the fee, I'll tell you how - when ultimately it comes down to lots of tedious watching the skies and learning about identified stuff in places like ATS, the internet, and from books. A $1000 (plus books, CDs, and equipment) will only guarantee contact for believers.

It's all a bit sad.

Seasons greeting one and all BTW.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I never knew there was so much money to be made in teaching how to make contact with aliens through mind power.

Obviously, neither did Greer, at first, while he was working on the Disclosure Project....until he realized the cash cow....

It's hard NOT to bash Greer and those like him, for the damage they do to the field of UFOlogy.... You could have a newscast with all of the facts in the world, but then show 10 seconds of a Greer love-in, and negate those facts in a heartbeat....(i.e. remember Peter Jennings' report on Roswell?)..... Wasn't Greer, but you get the point....

top topics

join