It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM treatment of UFOs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
In 1998 / 1999 I turned on to GMTV in the morning. The current story was interrupted and the presenters said that they had a news crew out to interview someone and had spotted a UFO.

Coverage then switched live to the video feed of the UFO, a classic orange sphere at fairly close range which hovered and jumped around a couple of times.

After the coverage finished they returned to the studio where the stunned presenters questioned what it could be. I then left for work.

Upon returning from work there was absolutely no mention of the UFO on any of the news channels (we had 5 channels then lol).

Did anyone else see this or experience similar? I wonder why there was no further mention of this.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
You can count the number of MSM journalists who take the UFO topic seriously on one hand...that's missing three fingers. Other than that, the MSM sees UFOs and those who believe in them or have encountered them as freaks in a sideshow. Every once in a while it's fun to point and laugh at them.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Anytime the MSM airs a ufo segment, it is never taken serious. The anchors always make dull and ignorant remarks and they always seem to find the weirdest looking people to interview.

I especially hate the pathetic banter after the segment between the news anchors. I'll give you an example of what i mean.

Bob: Well, katie, lets hope the aliens don't abduct obama and replace him with a robot!

Katie: hahah, And now carl for the weather

Carl: Well, it's not little green men in the sky tonight, but a cloud of Bu****** heading toward wherever you may be.

It will never be taken serious. Just look at how Kucinich was laughed at during the presidential debate, when he was asked about his ufo encounter.

[edit on 23-12-2009 by phrankie79]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by phrankie79

Your description bears an uncanny resemblence to the way mainstream media here in oz handles the situation.

It's almost as if news anchors are instructed to handle the situation in a similar fashion worldwide, like some sort of "international conspiracy" to ridicule a very real but uncomfortabe siuation.

Oh......wait....

[edit on 23-12-2009 by OZtracized]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I think the problem with ufology is that it's stale and just a little boring! I mean all we getting these days video after video of tiny lights in the sky and a few crack pots telling us there abduction stories. jezz after sixty years of this stuff ufology just plain sux!

If we have to go though another ten years of this garbage, then ufology will be dead N buried.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Actually, there is a lot of interesting information regarding UFOs out there. The problem is you have to be able and willing to read in order to access this information. By a conservative estimate, 99.9 percent of anything you see on TV regarding UFOs is utter bilge meant to entertain rather than to inform.

If your education on the subject of UFOs consists primarily of videos on YouTube and episodes of UFO Hunters, you will remain oblivious.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
In 2005 an ATS member saw and reported on this very type of thing happening in Atlanta Georgia USA. MUFON Georgia noticed it as well.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The TV weatherman who talked about it on air was fearful for his job for mentioning it and now there is no trace of the discussion of the UFO on that TV channel's website (it existed for a few weeks there and was eventually truncated).

No video was forthcoming of the event from the station despite the fact that a TV news crew must have a multitude of professional video cameras available to them.

No civilians produced a video of this event over Altanta, GA either. But this is how this subject goes. I entirely fault the news program for not carrying video of the event since they saw it and had more than enough resources to document it.

[edit on 23-12-2009 by Frith]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies guys. It seems this sort of thing isn't limited to the UK.

The UFO on the TV I mentioned was very clear on a bright sunny morning and much better quality than virtually all the footage I have seen.

My wife knows a program controller at the BBC. I will get her to ask him if there is any set procedure for handling this sort of thing. That is if she will ask the question, I think she will fear being ridiculed

new topics

top topics

join