It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Einstein and theory of united field

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I recently came across a mainstream science book, trying to explain Einstein's theory of the united field. It is not a very well known theory, one for the fact that it is of the kind that if proven it could very well change physics and two because Einstein himself burned most of his notes before he died claiming that we were not ready for it.
Does anyone else out there know much about the theory and if so what do you think? What was Einstein so scared of, why was it so complex (Einstein claimed that Maths did not give him the scope to present it properly).

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
i believe you're talking about unified field theory... same thing, just never heard it called united. einstein was working on it as he died... anyway, a new theory behind it is string theory. do a google search and there are even tons of threads on it here on ATS, so definitely check those out. also, this site is awesome: www.pbs.org...

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   
That�s an awesome series cmdrkeenkid has suggested, it will likely answers all the questions you may have.

The Unified theory in a nutshell is the physics of the small combined with the physics of the large. The current set of rules or formulas that are used to predict the physics of the �large� (planets, stars, galaxies) are not true for the physics of the �small� (atoms, strings). A unified theory is needed, a set of rules or a formula that would be true for both objects.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Einstein I believe was worried about man's destructive capacity. If we have a weapon, we eventually want to use it. If you give our scientists and military something several times more powerful and destructive than nuclear ever was, just imagine the damage it could do. The other danger is that we might only learn enough to cause great damage to ourselves or our environment without fully understanding the dangerous complications.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I gotta go with Orion on this one. Given the Atom bomb and what not I too would have burned my notes and taken the info to the grave. With regards to the math not being a sufficient language to explain things-that may have been his way of getting info seekers off his back and may be the truth in regards to math can give you the ingredients but not outline the proper preperation/application of the recipe.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I would like to know what book this is, so I can try to get my hands on it.

I know Einstein was working on the Unified Field Theory, specifically relating Magnetism to Gravity, or perhaps it was Electricity to Gravity. He did not know that Electromagnetism is a single force (technically with different orientations of the same wave). Besides that, he died with his theories still on his desk. Pictures of his desk were broadcast all over the world, with his writings still sitting on it (the desk). However, I don't believe that theory is available, for whatever reason.

[Edited on 24-5-2004 by Protector]

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Eistein lived with a nuclear cloud over his head from 1945 to his death.

I would not doubt he would destroy his work if complete because he carried such a burden.

There is no evidence for this, except Albert's character.

As for field theory... There were originally five force, electricity, magnetism, weak nuclear, stong nuclear, and gravity.

Now there are two, gravity and the other one. Most people call it electro-nuclear but it includes all the other from the original 5.

Whomever adds gravity to the pot will be famous.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I think that maybe Einsten did not really make the Relativity theory and that he wasn't that great of a physicist. Could he have stolen it from a certain Frenchman?

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quest
As for field theory... There were originally five force, electricity, magnetism, weak nuclear, stong nuclear, and gravity.

Now there are two, gravity and the other one. Most people call it electro-nuclear but it includes all the other from the original 5.

Whomever adds gravity to the pot will be famous.

I didn't know we had gotten so far in unification! I used to follow the development of theoretical physics very closely, but I have stopped following so closely for a while... Like stated before, I am not sure where the idea that Einstein burned his notes, saying we were not ready came from, but I am pretty certain there is no definitive evidence of him doing so. I am not sure he would have pulled such a melodramatic stunt either.

The Elegant Universe also happens to do a real great job of explaining the theories behind String Theory in layman's terms.

[Edited on 24-5-2004 by spngsambigpants]

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I don't think him burning his notes is a melodramatic stunt. I believe he feared the repercussions of his theory turning into practice. I am looking to find for an interview where Openheimer openly admited Einstein burned his notes, back in the 1960s. Keep you posted.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   
i still find it amazing that despite gravity being the weakest of the forces that it's the final one to be incorporated into the others. anyway, and yeah sadly enough the sciences almost always come through the development of weapons.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Has anyone also heard of an american scientist who claimed that he was able to prove that the theory worked? I believe he was from Columbia.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Unified field theory is also known as "string theory." The problem in the past has been that if Relativity theory is right, then Quantum Mechanics cannot be true. This theory "unifies" both. One theory is for the very large(the universe) and the other is for the very small (atoms, neutrons, quarks.)

For a very simple explanation of Relativity in a few words, go to: onealclan0.tripod.com...

The fundamental particles of the universe that physicists have identified -- electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and so on -- are the "letters" of all matter. Just like their linguistic counterparts, they appear to have no further internal substructure. String theory proclaims otherwise. According to string theory, if we could examine these particles with even greater precision -- a precision many orders of magnitude beyond our present technological capacity -- we would find that each is not pointlike but instead consists of a tiny, one-dimensional loop. Like an infinitely thin rubber band, each particle contains a vibrating, oscillating, dancing filament that physicists have named a string.

In the figure at right, we illustrate this essential idea of string theory by starting with an ordinary piece of matter, an apple, and repeatedly magnifying its structure to reveal its ingredients on ever smaller scales. String theory adds the new microscopic layer of a vibrating loop to the previously known progression from atoms through protons, neutrons, electrons, and quarks.

Although it is by no means obvious, this simple replacement of point-particle material constituents with strings resolves the incompatibility between quantum mechanics and general relativity (which, as currently formulated, cannot both be right). String theory thereby unravels the central Gordian knot of contemporary theoretical physics. This is a tremendous achievement, but it is only part of the reason string theory has generated such excitement.

Robert Walker O'Neal, MS-M www.onealclan.com (Bible Code website)
For simple explanation of Relativity in a few words, go to: onealclan0.tripod.com...

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
The field thorey touches on frequency harmonics and deals with earths natural frequencys and how to/ in theory transmit information or even matter along magnetic streams of frequency ressonance. These frequencys are close to the key of F sharp. Einstien burnd his notes because it is the forground of time travel. Or instantaneous travel form one point to the other without the use of time. This is how Einstien got here he was no doubt a time traveler, explaining the future techs to us in a childs nusery rhym

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Any links that might provide more info on that jay? It is fascinating to think what those notes contained.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Einstein himself burned most of his notes before he died claiming that we were not ready for it.

What if he made a discovery so important that could be uncovered in the notes if put together that he thought humanity isn't ready for it....just a theory.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I am still chasing up an article where a scientist claimed that he could prove Einstein's theory worked.

Also from what I remember, the field theory contained more than 16 complex mathematical equations, in fact they were so complex that as I mentioned previously Einstein complained that maths did not give him the scope to fully express his theory.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by gvret

the case with the united field theory and its result/usage is a bit complicated i think...

what einstein was afraid was the distortion of the base carrier of the electromagnetic wave

it could result to the change of the traditional and basic understanding of physics and even distortion of the reality around the produced , a way to say , phenomenon

---> HellV1L

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
i think you all are putting way to much emphasis on einsteins consious while he may have been bothered by nuclear weapons it didnt effect him nearly as bad as oppenheimer and some of the other scientists who worked on the actuall bomb.

And here it is 5 years later from the OP and still unified feild theory is muddled in problems string theory is in a rut and everyone is waitng on the LHC to crack the mass enigma.

Buckle your seat belts physics fans the next 5 years should make up for the dolldrums of the last 5

top topics

join