It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The TRUTH of Freemasonry

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus
reply to post by the_denv

Not all jurisdictions use ciphers, some are still mouth to ear, and not all ciphers are similar. The one we use in my jurisdiction incorporates many symbols in place of letters. Unless the particular Mason in question is using this cipher, and it is also the same as the ritual they utilize, it may hold little relavance.

I was going to point this little factoid out to him, AM because that doesn't bear any resemblance to what's done north of the border. But why spoil his fun, eh?

Anyway, Happy New Year to one and all!

[edit on 31-12-2009 by Fitzgibbon]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

IF you only knew what you think you know, you would truely be enlightened. You live in conspiracy fantasy land. Real masonry is something that would boar you to tears. because it isn't about secret messages. It ins't about Knights Templar rituals. (there is a difference between the Knights and the masons) But don't let me spoil your good time. Go on thinking that there is an inner circle of sooper sekret masons who write seekret code and plot world domination.
It's people like you who keep this site going after all.

I do not live in a conspiracy land. Believe it or not I try my best to keep it real. I research a vast amount of subjects, just like everyone there are subjects that I can go into depth with, there are some subjects I know a fair amount, some a general aspect and some that I don't know about at all. After all there are thousands of years of books, articles, photos etc. One human being could not learn everything in just one life time.

Although, I am not excusing myself on this subject. But indeed, there obviously will be things that I don't know about. One thing I can assure you is that I am not one of those people who associate Freemasonry with the illuminati. I know a lot of people use Freemasonry just for business meetings, like workgroups etc and pass on each others business cards. I know the ceremonies are boring. A lot of Freemasons just think the ritual is a just as boring as a lot of Christians think Mass is boring and the things they do.

Reading history, following what they do, trying to track the origins of where the belief came from...it all comes from the same source. Where it went from there is what we see (and don't see/occult) today. You would be a good Freemason, just going along to get along. You probably think its great, and it probably is for you. It has probably helped you a lot as we all have our own paths; weather they are for good or evil intent. Although just like the Catholic church there are evil things that lay within. All originating from the same source, yet through different societies/fraternities/rites etc.

Just because your lodge/rite/degree/country do not preform these certain rituals or use specific ciphers does not mean that the information regarding the Knights Templar that I posted is not true, and there are certain lodges, rites and degree's of Freemasons that still perform reconstructions of these original rituals and/or perform them as they were preformed originally.

There are inner circles. I am not a Freemason, but because I have been reading about it and researching it each and every single day for a very long time has given me a vast amount of knowledge due to a very passionate dedication to find the origin of evil, to find out what the hell is wrong with this world and where it came from.

Like the Catholic Church, the Jesuits and many more groups poison the main principle behind the idea of the church itself. There are the exact same people within the Craft. Every single religion, every single group there always lay bad apples.

I am not mocking Freemasonry, people can believe whatever they want to believe. I would never want to come across that way in any of my posts.

There is evil in this world and its infiltrated every single god damn thing on this planet, thankfully a percentage of goodness remains unscathed. Evil is within Freemasonry just as it is within every system on this planet.

The Knights Templar have more connections with Freemasonry than they do Christianity.

Not all jurisdictions use ciphers, some are still mouth to ear, and not all ciphers are similar. The one we use in my jurisdiction incorporates many symbols in place of letters. Unless the particular Mason in question is using this cipher, and it is also the same as the ritual they utilize, it may hold little relavance.

Indeed, not all jurisdictions (lodges etc) use ciphers, many different rules, many different teachings and each cipher is unique in each one; but various others have the ability to decipher them all.

Symbols are fantastic, its my favorite subject. All I will say is that the use of symbols, is symbolic weather you think it has relevancy or not

reply to post by JoshNorton

I am impressed, seriously well done for deciphering some of the words

The cipher that I typed out above is the words that are said during the Master Mason initiation, what I typed out teaches the candidate the ultimate lesson in Masonic-Philosophy; the immortality of the soul and a resurrection as such of your knowledge than of your life, a enlightened soul, a changed soul, a transformed soul then the candidate rises within the Tomb of Transgression. Basically learning the secrets of the Master Mason.

The excerpt was not meant to be relevant, I stated in the same post that it was a test, to "smoke" out the foxes

I am not implying anything of the previous degrees, it is written in a book that I have that belonged to a Grand Worshipful Master of the District of Columbia. I do understand it, and my post was not about that at all, the quote was exactly that; a quote.

It was a test.

But, if you want to know it speaks of a fabric that was situated on Mount Moriah, near the place where Abraham was about to offer up his son to Issac.

You need to be either a Master Mason, Grand Master, Grand Secretary etc to get a Cipher Book. Yet, here I have one; yes "Big Wooop". Those who do not have one yet claim they know the truth, IS, a big Whoops - on their part. Hence the reason for my random post, to smoke out those who BS.

I am trying to help the flow of information on this thread, with such a title of this thread; one would care to think that they would even find a slight clue to the truth. I did not see it, therefor I had to reignite the fire in order to get a good conversation and debate going for everyone else to view for their research and personal interest.

[edit on 1/1/2010 by the_denv]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_denv
You need to be either a Master Mason, Grand Master, Grand Secretary etc to get a Cipher Book.
*shrug* There's a local bookstore that sells the cypher for my region for $15 to anyone who wanders in and buys one. Then again, while ritual in my state differs from Duncan's in a variety of ways, the gist is the same, and Duncan's can be picked up in any brick & mortar bookstore chain worth its salt.

Most of the Masons on ATS have sussed each other out through various means. If you feel like you need to try us, I suppose that's your prerogative, but when we Masons spot fakes trying to pass themselves off as members, we'll call them out pretty quickly.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Just because your lodge/rite/degree/country do not preform these certain rituals or use specific ciphers does not mean that the information regarding the Knights Templar that I posted is not true...

Then again, the Knights Templar have no documented historical link with Masonry so the point is moot.

...and there are certain lodges, rites and degree's of Freemasons that still perform reconstructions of these original rituals and/or perform them as they were preformed originally.

Such as?

There are inner circles. I am not a Freemason...

So being that you are not a Mason you seem to be privy to something we, as Masons, are not. Who are these inner circle members? Where do they meet? What do they do? What do they call themselves? What does their ritual work entail?

Indeed, not all jurisdictions (lodges etc) use ciphers, many different rules, many different teachings and each cipher is unique in each one; but various others have the ability to decipher them all.

The ability to learn the cipher is not that difficult if one knows the ritual. I could probably, with little trouble, read most ritual cipher books that have been published. Once again, it does not mean much if the Mason in question is not using that particular part of the ritual.

You need to be either a Master Mason, Grand Master, Grand Secretary etc to get a Cipher Book.

Or access to Ebay...

Those who do not have one yet claim they know the truth, IS, a big Whoops - on their part.

Every candidate in my jurisidction gets a ritual cipher to study with.

Hence the reason for my random post, to smoke out those who BS.

Why do you feel the need to inspect everyone's credentials? Why would anyone come here and post regularly under the guise of being a Mason if they were not? It is quite easy to spot imposters without resorting to testing them on a ritual cipher which they may not even use.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Why do you feel the need to inspect everyone's credentials? Why would anyone come here and post regularly under the guise of being a Mason if they were not? It is quite easy to spot imposters without resorting to testing them on a ritual cipher which they may not even use.

Not to mention that anyone who's been 'researching' as much as he claims would certainly know that there's no such thing as a "Master Mason initiation". Perhaps he means to say being raised to the degree of a Master Mason.

But if he can pooch something so elementary, how much faith can be put in any other assertion he makes?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Ok so I have a couple questions for the masons on here...

I am almost finished with the book Holy Blood Holy Grail and I have already read The Hiram Key & The Hooked X. Now it very quickly has become obvious to me that these books have produced a significant amount of data against the claim that Jesus was the divine son of God. I'm not going to lie these books have been pretty convincing to me up to this point (I have been raised a Christian btw) however I have found it interesting that both the Holy Blood Holy Grail and The Hiram Key, which are arguably the most convincing books pertaining to that topic, were both written by masons. So I'm wondering if is masonry that is trying to disprove Jesus or if these people did they research and wrote these books and then joined freemasonry in order for more enlightenment?

Next I would like to point out that in Holy Blood Holy Grail the Prieure de Sion is brought up numerous times as being essentially the secret society controlling the Templars AND Freemasonry. Also it is mentioned in this book that the Prieure de Sion is essentially on the quest for world domination. The author also specefically says that the Priory of Sion are in control of freemasonry. Also once again this book was written by a freemason so a freemason is admitting his organization is controlled by another more powerful organization. Now I'm not claiming to know everything so I may be wrong but that is just my speculation so if a mason or someone more enlightened then myself could please confirm or clarify this information.

One more thing I would like to point out... Why is it that people such as George Bush and many other people who are high up in the political spectrum are 33rd degree masons and most of those people who also attend the bilderburg group are most obviously trying to achieve world domination and seem to have the exact same goals the priory of sion did. ???

Finally I would like to say that even if someone says that all their works are supposed to help the world and promote happiness that it could still be through world domination because arguably the majority of the world is too ignorant to sustain it self for much longer unless the "enlightened" ones take over the world and make everyone's decisions for them. My point is that someone can say something and make it seem innocent when reality its not and everything is relative to ones own agenda and if just because someone believes it is for the benefit it may not be to your benefit. Not necessarily saying this is the case with freemasonry but this is a easy illusion to create for anyone.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
i have a friend who is a freemason and it is not a satanic cult they actually do alot of volunteer work for policeman and firemen. The reason they are connected to members in congress is because they are ackowlegded for the work they do

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by xSe7eNx

I loved 'The Hiram Key'. It took me forever to read 'Holy Blood, Holy Grail', but it was a good read nonetheless. I haven't read 'Hooked X', but I'll have to look it up. Have you ever read the Gnostic Gospels?

I know the authors of 'The Hiram Key' are and I think only one of the authors of 'Holy Blood, Holy Grail'.

You must know that not all Freemasons are Christians, and each member has its own opinion. These books don't express the opinion of the Craft. I know at least that Christopher Knight and Robert Lomas were Freemasons before writing their series of books.

The Priory of Sion is a very popular target of conspiracy theory.

Now Michael Baigent is a Freemason and editor of a magazine, but I couldn't find any office that he holds. See the problem with so many of these Templar-Freemason books is that they show so many hypotheticals that they send mixed messages. Some like Michael hold very liberal views of the vague and lost history of Freemasonry.

Neither Bush's, Sr. or Jr., have been members of Freemasonry. They are members of Skull & Bones, which is not connected in anyway to the Craft. So many think that every person in government is a Freemason, but that is not so. Here is a good site of Famous Freemasons.

Our charities are volunteer. Freemasons are about freedom of choice...free will. You never force.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

Yes I would agree that most masons are not Christians due to the fact that by definition a Christian is someone who ultimately believes in salvation through Jesus Christ and it would seem to me that books written trying to disprove Jesus Christ just so happen to be written by masons. Now I'm wondering why this is if maybe it has something to do with what the templars found and is supposedly under the roslynn chapel that tells about a bloodline of Jesus? I don't know and that's what I'm wondering because I have come to the conclusions that masons obviously have access to a certain amount of knowledge that most people are unaware of which has led them to write books like Holy Blood Holy Grail. So then another question which I am curious about is would one join masonry in order to achieve a spiritual enlightenment so to speak and this is based off of the fact that knowledge is the most important and valuable thing that can be obtained? Which leads me to my last question... I have lately been looking into Astral Projection and have been practicing lately, I wondered if this is anything that masons believe in?

About Bush, that was my bad must have read a bad piece of information somewhere and did not research it enough.

So what are your opinions on the priory?

[edit on 1-1-2010 by xSe7eNx]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by xSe7eNx

A large portion of Masons are Christian and in fact the Chivalric Masonry (Commandery) Orders of the York Rite require you to be Christian. Masons can still believe in the Salvation through Christ as Freemasonry is not a religion, its just a requirement to join.

The opinion of those authors is no reflection of Freemasonry. Nowhere in Freemasonry does it try to disprove the divinity of Christ or disprove any other religious figure. It teaches tolerance between all faiths and beliefs.

As for Holy Blood, Holy Grail writers, only Michael Baigant was a Mason, but he didn't know about the mysteries surrounding Renes-Les-Chateau, it was another author (non-Mason).

Well, one joins Freemasonry to better yourself in all aspects of life. And no, astral projection is not something taught within the Craft. That would be up to the individual person's belief system.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
woah this is actually pretty odd considering what ive heard about this before

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Hmm I see well thank you for clarifying that with me. Now knowing the nature of a mason I am sure you won't be to specific in the answer of this question and most likely won't tell everything but I have considered joining and am curious how exactly freemasonry betters your life?

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Celysin
woah this is actually pretty odd considering what ive heard about this before

Real nice one-line post. To what are you referring?

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by xSe7eNx
I have lately been looking into Astral Projection and have been practicing lately, I wondered if this is anything that masons believe in?
It is not something taught in Freemasonry, no. Then again, there's nothing to stop individual members doing research of that nature.

So what are your opinions on the priory?
A hoax perpetrated by Pierre Plantard in 1956. No such group actually exists, and there are no credible researchers who believe that it does.

[edit on 1/2/2010 by JoshNorton]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I have considered joining and am curious how exactly freemasonry betters your life?
Camaraderie—being part of a group of men who will celebrate the good times in your life and council you through the tough times. Philanthropy—giving what little I can to charities like the Scottish Rite Learning Center to help kids with dyslexia learn new strategies for learning, reading, excelling in school, etc. Philosophical and spiritual reflection—taking the time to consider some of the deeper questions that man has asked himself about his place in the universe for thousands of years. That's just some of what I, personally, have gained from joining Masonry.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Thy knowth the Druid/Thoth/Truth, you knowth nothing.

But by t Str Gp o a MM or L's P, we knw, thu fth i t mts o t L o t trb o Jdh, tt our bds wl ars a bc a ipl a sour sls.

Y wl agn be std

T 3 plr, my Br, hv bn ptl exd to y i a peg Deg. Thy hv ts, hwr,a stl frt snf. Thy ar dmd Wsm, Str a Bty.

Not one of you know anything, not the self acclaimed Freemasons and most of the people that showed they hate the Freemasons without proof have no idea, but a pure heart that can sense evil.

Jo.

o Wsm bcs it ws by hs grt wsm tt he ws enb to cst tt spb mdl o elc wh so itd hs nm. H, Kng o Tr, rpd t plr o Str, bcs he snd a spd KS i tt grt grs wk. A HA rpd t plr o Bty, bcs it ws by hs grt skl i t ats a scs tt he ws so ety enb to btf a adn t T.

Our (Masons) words decoded ^_^ Man I love you. Thank you for posting this Brother (I'm assuming you are a Brother?)!

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I would wonder if you have read Holy Blood Holy Grail? Because if it is true that the Priory of Sion is a hoax then basically everything said in Holy Blood Holy Grail is then not credible because nearly that whole book is based off the priory of Sion. Also considering that Holy Blood Holy Grail was one of the first books to actually put up a significant amount of data against the case of Christ and because of that book many others have been written about the topic. I also find it funny how the other mason i asked did say anything about the priory even when I asked and now you are here putting it off as a hoax. Now maybe it is a hoax but i find it odd that masons seem to be trying to discredit the group. Just because "Wikipedia" says its a hoax I cannot say I am convinced and would like to see more evidence that can essentially prove that everything said about them in HBHG is a hoax.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Now maybe it is a hoax but i find it odd that masons seem to be trying to discredit the group. Just because "Wikipedia" says its a hoax I cannot say I am convinced and would like to see more evidence that can essentially prove that everything said about them in HBHG is a hoax.

How about Andre Bonhomme's (the first Priory president in 1956) statements regarding the groups recent origin as nothing more then a social club?

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I would wonder if you have read Holy Blood Holy Grail?
It's been almost 20 years, but yes, I've read it.

Just because "Wikipedia" says its a hoax I cannot say I am convinced and would like to see more evidence that can essentially prove that everything said about them in HBHG is a hoax.
Feel free to google "Pierre Plantard hoax" and come to your own conclusions. I believe even the authors of Holy Blood Holy Grail eventually admitted they'd been duped by Plantard, but I'm not finding the reference at the moment.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I would say both of you should re-read Holy Blood Holy Grail and refresh your memory because they have a lot of evidence to PROVE they existed since 1099 or maybe earlier and most likely still do exist today and are most likely the ones behind the organization(s) that are trying to achieve world domination.

:EDIT:
There was the Scrolls of the Elders of Sion which were proved to be a forgery and outlined how Jew's were behind the plot to take over the world and is the leading document behind Hitler's motivation to exterminate all Jews however in HBHG the authors show how the scrolls were not a complete fabrication and someone simply changed them by saying it was Jews behind the whole thing but did not actually change the general context of the letters.

[edit on 2-1-2010 by xSe7eNx]

[edit on 2-1-2010 by xSe7eNx]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join