It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran 'unhappy' with conflict in Yemen

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Iran 'unhappy' with conflict in Yemen

www.upi.com

Iran does not see military action in Yemen as a way to settle issues between Shiite rebels and government forces, a Foreign Ministry spokesman said.

Washington is accused of entering the fight recently. ABC News on Friday quoted Yemeni officials saying the U.S. military launched cruise missiles into the country.

Washington said it is engaged in Yemen in pursuit of al-Qaida targets. Al-Qaida gunmen stormed the U.S. Embassy in Yemen in 2008.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Ron Paul: "There Is No Iraqi Govt., WE are the Iraqi Govt, Iranians taking control of control of ir

[edit on 22-12-2009 by ModernAcademia]

BAN thread must be titled the same as the news article.

[edit on 22-12-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Mods, thread title is not article title because I felt that portion of the article was the most important issue.

Feel free to change title if this reason is considered insufficient.
thx

Are you serious?
Obama just invaded Yemen!!!
The capitol of the country as well?
Imagine a country attacking Washington???

What is happening to America?
They can just bomb whoever they want whenever they want without congressional approval and all they need is just "oh there's al-qaeda there plotting bad things" statements?

Unmanned drones, cruise missiles into any country they please.

Imagine tallying up all the civilian victims this decade in the entire middle east.
That number would send sockwaves accross the globe most likely.

Major issues right now is Afghanistan, most americans don't even know how many wars with how many countries is going on now or how contractors outweight in number the number of troops.

How many countries is he this nobel peace prize winner planning on invading?

www.upi.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22-12-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I will look for a link to confirm it but as I understood it this was a approved mission by Yemen officials who are worried about the power gains by a certain group.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Launching missiles is not invading a country! Otherwise Clinton invaded Afghanastan when he launched the cruise missile at Osama![Or where ever he was] Military contractors outnumber soldiers? Can you back up that claim? Since almost all contractors are former military, I somehow doubt that there are that many combat experienced vets they could hire.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Here is a thread Loam made about Yemen

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is one Slayer69 made about Yemen and the US cooperation.

Are we really doing this to go after Al-qeda or are we sending a message to Iran, or are we backing up the Saudis?

Or maybe we are trying to prevent a future attack.

Really doesn't matter. Obama seems to have already decided that we will get involved.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Dont worry , man you guys forget fast

Obama is doing the people of Yemen a favour, hes liberating them

It is kinda funny that he only liberates peoples , with his missles

that can't shoot back though.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13
Launching missiles is not invading a country! Otherwise Clinton invaded Afghanastan when he launched the cruise missile at Osama![Or where ever he was]

Ya I was thinking of drones invading Pakistan there
and yes even with that you could say they are unmanned

Originally posted by hangedman13
Military contractors outnumber soldiers? Can you back up that claim? Since almost all contractors are former military

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I'm glad we have an anti-war President. Had me worried for a minute there. I'm also quite fond of his fiscal responsibility and total obedience to the American people instead of banks.

What a hero!

Nobel Peace Prize? We should give him the Greatest Person EVER award. The guy can do no wrong.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Send in the Cruise Missiles when you can't send in the Marines.
Which brings up the question why we don't locate al-Qaida targets
and send in the Marines.
Wow it took the Illuminati promise to Clinton not to Impeach him
to have Cruise Missiles launched to al-Qaida targets.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I love how this gets turned on Obama, like this is the first time in our history ( or even when bush or Clinton where in office) that we have done such acts.

People have become so partisan that they can no longer even see the issues. The story line is being moved forward with a new main character but the plot and the author have remained the same since the start.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR
I love how this gets turned on Obama, like this is the first time in our history ( or even when bush or Clinton where in office) that we have done such acts.

People have become so partisan that they can no longer even see the issues. The story line is being moved forward with a new main character but the plot and the author have remained the same since the start.

So lets see

1 Iraq

2 Afganistan

3 Yemen

4 Pakistan ?

5 Iran .. Israel could move any day , and Obama is not gonna miss a
war , not on his watch.

6 .... Stay Tuned .. its just his first year , 3 more to go

NOBEL PEACE PRIZE

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Are you trying to say that Obama is the first president to attack each of these?

1 Iraq

2 Afganistan

3 Yemen

4 Pakistan

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

reply to post by Sean48

Are you trying to say that Obama is the first president to attack each of these?

1 Iraq

2 Afganistan

3 Yemen

4 Pakistan

My Freind ,

WHO CARES WHO STARTED WHAT

How many wars do you want to be in ??

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
I'm glad we have an anti-war President.

You mean Mr Kowtow? I mean Obama

The US hasn't invaded Yemen. Come on people.

Talk about spinning the story.

SPIN SPIN SPIN

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

You seem to have a little bit of tunnel vision so I will try to broaden the scope for you. A lot of people voted Obama in with the hope that we could stop doing the things that other Presidents have done; ie: attack other countries. Wasn't he standing on the peace platform during his campaign?

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

It's not about fighting a war... it really has never been about that. Don't you see this? By now, I thought it was understood that this has more to do with "future planning" than about "war"...

[edit on 22-12-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Clinton got pushed into launching Cruise Missiles with the
threat of Impeachment.

Who is pushing Obama.

Who pushed Bush in to 911.

Or Nixon into Nam.

Or JFK in war with Cuba.

If some Commander can't head his troops in some isolated location
will everyone walk out of the Pentagon. How many Supreme
Commanders can we afford.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Backing up the Saidis. And sending a message to iran. And also pissing off or "allies" in Iraq... Remember? The other predominantly Shia state in the region?

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Thank you for the data
Now that gets the brain turning as to where they recruited so many "trained" men. Outfits like Blackwater or what ever they changed names to, like to hire ex-service people. I wonder what the resumes of some those guys are like
Who did they fight for before? I bet that answer may be very surprising!

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by David9176
I'm glad we have an anti-war President.

You mean Mr Kowtow? I mean Obama

The US hasn't invaded Yemen. Come on people.

Talk about spinning the story.

SPIN SPIN SPIN
Not invaded per se but attacked yes. What if the US believed there was al queda in France and we lobbed a couple of missles over there?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join