It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pizza Hut cheese is not just cheese, its silicone!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia

Originally posted by angrymomma
I'm gonna have to throw my complaint in here like Dreamwatcher. Is anyone reading the entire thread or just the OP and then responding? You don't even have to read too far into the thread. There is a response from the company saying they don't use it. Rant over >_

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by angrymomma
I'm gonna have to throw my complaint in here like Dreamwatcher. Is anyone reading the entire thread or just the OP and then responding? You don't even have to read too far into the thread. There is a response from the company saying they don't use it. Rant over >_

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Every issue of wired magazine features an article were they break down the contents of everyday household items, one in particular that comes to mind is baby formula, and they list everything in these items and tell interesting tidbits about each ingredient. I'm pretty sure one of the reasons for these articles is to raise awareness to the fact that pretty much everything has screwed up crap in it. I would also like to point out that large corporations are famous liars, the truth is costly, ask Erin Brockovich.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
well, i must say, silicone tastes wonderful!

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Well, it's good to know that Silicone isn't used in Pizza Hut, cause that's where my friend and I go whenever we meet up, and if I had told him, I don't know where we'd go! Fish and chips I guess. Anyone got anything to say about fish 'n' chips?!!! Or Pie and Mash... mmm

Sorry if I've missed any other developments, I didn't have time to read the whole thread, I just read that there IS silicone in the cheese, and then there ISN'T silicone in the cheese.

Ramadwarf on silicone in Pizza Hut cheese and the goodness of Fish 'n' chips

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
What people fail to realise is that vitamin companies and so called health food shops are just another version of big pharma. They are the snake oil salesmen of today. These manufactured pills and potions can put your body out of balance and actually do you harm.
We have gone too far away from source in our nutrition. The best thing is to try to keep as organic, local and free range as possible. Of course this can be very expensive. But at least cut down on manufactured goods and avoid 'formed' food - like that disgusting fake ham and 'chicken' made of pressed together gunk.
Also, a friend selling pesticides and fertiliser to farmers told me that it's the green leafy veg that absorb the most chemicals. I don't know if this is true but since then, if I do go organic, these are the ones I go for.
Having steered your nutrition in this general direction - I think it's important not to get too obsessive. The occasional 'lapse' won't kill you.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by unicorn1]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

# we just had Pizza Hut last night. I had always wondered why anytime I eat Pizza Hut I have the runs. This may explain it!

[edit on 24-12-2009 by Donkey_Dean]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
This is disgusting, but so is mercury in the vaccines and corn syrup. Poisioning us seems to me, nowadays to be the American way.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazz87

those awesome ingredients that help turn boys into girls

It's not just the cheese used by Pizza Hut......it's our water tables itself.

The U.S. Geological Survey recently tested 139 streams in 30 different states. It found organic wastewater contaminants (OWCs) in 80% of the streams. The most common contaminants were plant and animal steroids, insect repellents, stimulants such as caffeine, household disinfectants, fire retardants, and detergents. There was an average of seven contaminants in each stream, and some had as many as 38. [Environ Sci Technol 02;36(6):1202-11]

Herbicide and pesticide runoff obviously contributes to this contamination, but other sources are birth control pills, hormone replacement therapy drugs, and other medications that are released by human urine and fecal material.

Mutations and Sex Organ Changes

The above study didn't get too much publicity, in part because most of the levels of these contaminants were allowed by current drinking water guidelines. Unfortunately, studies have shown that mutations and sex organ changes in animals still occur even at levels far below what we allow in our drinking water supplies.

For example, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) allows atrazine levels of 3 parts per billion (ppb) in our drinking water. Tyrone Hayes of the University of California, Berkeley found that when tadpoles were exposed to atrazine levels of only 0.1 ppb they developed extra testes, or even ovaries. Atrazine promotes the conversion of testosterone to estrogen, which explains why male frogs often developed both male and female sexual organs. Also, when adult frogs were exposed to these low levels they developed smaller larynxes and had only one-tenth the testosterone level of unexposed frogs. [Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 02;99(8):5476-80]

In other studies, researchers found that reproduction was disrupted in female birds that were exposed to estrogen at levels now commonly found in the wild. Finches exposed to estrogen produced fewer eggs and had more fragile shells. Numbers of hatchlings fell dramatically and the newborns had malformed oviducts. [Horm Behav 02;41(2):236-41]

When you begin to read the details of these studies and talk with the researchers, the picture that emerges is like something out of a horror movie: hermaphrodite frogs, alligators born with shrunken penises, frogs with extra legs and duplicate sets of sex organs, male fish producing the yolk protein normally produced only by females, female birds with brain formations that cause them to sing like male birds--and the list goes on and on.

Most of this information is not new. We first began to notice environmental hormone exposure in the animal population about 15 years ago. Even then it was scary.

Children are Small Creatures Too

As we move up the food chain, we have discovered that the changes in our environment are also affecting our children. Due to our ever increasing use of estrogen and estrogen-like compounds, puberty is occurring earlier and earlier. The effect on girls has been known for some time, now a new study is showing similar results for boys.

The last analysis found that the average age of boys developing pubic hair was 12 years of age in Caucasians, 12.3 years of age in Mexican-Americans, and 11.2 years in African-Americans. These ages are roughly 1/2 year earlier than what previous studies had shown.

While these figures represent the "average" ages, a recent study, from the University of North Carolina, found that 21% of black individuals had developed pubic hair between the ages of nine and 10, compared to only 4.3% of the white boys and only 3.3% of the Mexican-American boys. [Arch Pediatr Adolese Med 01;155(9):988- 9]

We are Not Immune

Among human adults, no one has really looked at the situation that closely. However, we do know that miscarriages are becoming more common, fertility levels are dropping, increasing testosterone levels in the elderly have become commonplace, and studies have shown that our increased exposure to estrogen and estrogen-like compounds has increased the incidence of both breast and testicular cancers.

It may be just a matter of time before these contaminants are linked to increased childhood cancers, deformities, depression, obesity, and perhaps a long list of other heath problems.

Source and whole article found here: altmedangel.com...

The human species is systematically destroying this once beautiful planet we call home.

I had also read somewhere years back that the all the estrogen from the millions of women on birth control (when they pee it goes into our water that is recycled) can't be extracted at the water recycling plants and men now are drinking that water with estrogen.

Little things add up.

Any people out there work with recycling water?

We filter all our drinking water (even the dog's) but your largest organ is your skin and I imagine that just by showering, bathing or brushing your teeth some of the junk in our water is still absorbed.

The pollution of our planet is affecting all of us.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
As someone who owned their own Pizzeria for many years I am always disgusted that anyone would eat anythig from these chain stores....this is not pizza, hell, it is not even food.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
i have never liked pizza hut, i always attributed it to living in ny and having so many other options, but i always knew something was up with that pizza, now i know

a truly sickening money making act, but does it shock me, nope not in the least bit, wouldnt be surprised if theres plastic in the crust sauce and pepperoni too

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
well seens we are the topic of "food"

Just a lil mull www.food.gov.uk...

ColoursE100 Curcumin
E101 (i) Riboflavin
(ii) Riboflavin-5'-phosphate
E102 Tartrazine
E104 Quinoline yellow
E110 Sunset Yellow FCF; Orange Yellow S
E120 Cochineal; Carminic acid; Carmines
E122 Azorubine; Carmoisine
E123 Amaranth
E124 Ponceau 4R; Cochineal Red A
E127 Erythrosine
E129 Allura Red AC
E131 Patent Blue V
E132 lndigotine; Indigo Carmine
E133 Brilliant Blue FCF
E140 Chlorophylls and chlorophyllins
E141 Copper complexes of chlorophyll and chlorophyllins
E142 Green S
E150a Plain caramel
E150b Caustic sulphite caramel
E150c Ammonia caramel
E150d Sulphite ammonia caramel
E151 Brilliant Black BN; Black PN
E153 Vegetable carbon
E154 Brown FK
E155 Brown HT
E160a Carotenes
E160b Annatto; Bixin; Norbixin
E160c Paprika extract; Capsanthian; Capsorubin
E160d Lycopene
E160e Beta-apo-8'-carotenal (C30)
E160f Ethyl ester of beta-apo-8'-carotenoic acid (C30)
E161b Lutein
E161g Canthaxanthin
E162 Beetroot Red; Betanin
E163 Anthocyanins
E170 Calcium carbonate
E171 Titanium dioxide
E172 Iron oxides and hydroxides
E173 Aluminium
E174 Silver
E175 Gold
E180 Litholrubine BK

PreservativesE200 Sorbic acid
E202 Potassium sorbate
E203 Calcium sorbate
E210 Benzoic acid
E211 Sodium benzoate
E212 Potassium benzoate
E213 Calcium benzoate
E214 Ethyl p-hydroxybenzoate
E215 Sodium ethyl p-hydroxybenzoate
E218 Methyl p-hydroxybenzoate
E219 Sodium methyl p-hydroxybenzoate
E220 Sulphur dioxide
E221 Sodium sulphite
E222 Sodium hydrogen sulphite
E223 Sodium metabisulphite
E224 Potassium metabisulphite
E226 Calcium sulphite
E227 Calcium hydrogen sulphite
E228 Potassium hydrogen sulphite
E230 Biphenyl; diphenyl
E231 Orthophenyl phenol
E232 Sodium orthophenyl phenol
E234 Nisin
E235 Natamycin
E239 Hexamethylene tetramine
E242 Dimethyl dicarbonate
E249 Potassium nitrite
E250 Sodium nitrite
E251 Sodium nitrate
E252 Potassium nitrate
E280 Propionic acid
E281 Sodium propionate
E282 Calcium propionate
E283 Potassium propionate
E284 Boric acid
E285 Sodium tetraborate; borax
E1105 Lysozyme

E300 Ascorbic acid
E301 Sodium ascorbate
E302 Calcium ascorbate
E304 Fatty acid esters of ascorbic acid
E306 Tocopherols
E307 Alpha-tocopherol
E308 Gamma-tocopherol
E309 Delta-tocopherol
E310 Propyl gallate
E311 Octyl gallate
E312 Dodecyl gallate
E315 Erythorbic acid
E316 Sodium erythorbate
E319 Tertiary-butyl hydroquinone (TBHQ)
E320 Butylated hydroxyanisole (BHA)
E321 Butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT)
E586 4-Hexylresorcinol

SweetenersE420 (i) Sorbitol
(ii) Sorbitol syrup
E421 Mannitol
E953 lsomalt
E965 (i) Maltitol
(ii) Maltitol syrup
E966 Lactitol
E967 Xylitol
E968 Erythritol
E950 Acesulfame K
E951 Aspartame
E952 Cyclamic acid and its Na and Ca salts
E954 Saccharin and its Na, K and Ca salts
E955 Sucralose
E957 Thaumatin
E959 Neohesperidine DC
E962 Salt of aspartame-acesulfame

Emulsifiers, Stabilisers, Thickeners and Gelling AgentsE322 Lecithins
E400 Alginic acid
E401 Sodium alginate
E402 Potassium alginate
E403 Ammonium alginate
E404 Calcium alginate
E405 Propane-1,2-diol alginate
E406 Agar
E407 Carrageenan
E407a Processed eucheuma seaweed
E410 Locust bean gum; carob gum
E412 Guar gum
E413 Tragacanth
E414 Acacia gum; gum arabic
E415 Xanthan gum
E416 Karaya gum
E417 Tara gum
E418 Gellan gum
E425 Konjac
E426 Soybean hemicellulose
E432 Polyoxyethylene sorbitan monolaurate; Polysorbate 20
E433 Polyoxyethylene sorbitan mono-oleate; Polysorbate 80
E434 Polyoxyethylene sorbitan monopalmitate; Polysorbate 40
E435 Polyoxyethylene sorbitan monostearate; Polysorbate 60
E436 Polyoxyethylene sorbitan tristearate; Polysorbate 65
E440 Pectins
E442 Ammonium phosphatides
E444 Sucrose acetate isobutyrate
E445 Glycerol esters of wood rosins
E460 Cellulose
E461 Methyl cellulose
E462 Ethyl cellulose
E463 Hydroxypropyl cellulose
E464 Hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose
E465 Ethyl methyl cellulose
E466 Carboxy methyl cellulose
E468 Crosslinked sodium carboxy methyl cellulose
E469 Enzymatically hydrolysed carboxy methyl cellulose
E470a Sodium, potassium and calcium salts of fatty acids
E470b Magnesium salts of fatty acids
E471 Mono- and diglycerides of fatty acids
E472a Acetic acid esters of mono- and diglycerides of fatty acids
E472b Lactic acid esters of mono- and diglycerides of fatty acids
E472c Citric acid esters of mono- and diglycerides of fatty acids
E472d Tartaric acid esters of mono- and diglycerides of fatty acids
E472e Mono- and diacetyltartaric acid esters of mono- and diglycerides of fatty acids
E472f Mixed acetic and tartaric acid esters of mono- and diglycerides of fatty acids
E473 Sucrose esters of fatty acids
E474 Sucroglycerides
E475 Polyglycerol esters of fatty acids
E476 Polyglycerol polyricinoleate
E477 Propane-1,2-diol esters of fatty acids
E479b Thermally oxidised soya bean oil interacted with mono­ and diglycerides of fatty acids
E481 Sodium stearoyl-2-lactylate
E482 Calcium stearoyl-2-lactylate
E483 Stearyl tartrate
E491 Sorbitan monostearate
E492 Sorbitan tristearate
E493 Sorbitan monolaurate
E494 Sorbitan monooleate
E495 Sorbitan monopalmitate
E1103 Invertase

and check this cracker out

OthersAcid, acidity regulators, anti-caking agents, anti--foaming agents, bulking agents, carriers and carrier solvents, emulsifying salts, firming agents, flavour enhancers, flour treatment agents, foaming agents, glazing agents, humectants, modified starches, packaging gases, propellants, raising agents and sequestrants.

E260 Acetic acid
E261 Potassium acetate
E262 Sodium acetate
E263 Calcium acetate
E270 Lactic acid
E290 Carbon dioxide
E296 Malic acid
E297 Fumaric acid
E325 Sodium lactate
E326 Potassium lactate
E327 Calcium lactate
E330 Citric acid
E331 Sodium citrates
E332 Potassium citrates
E333 Calcium citrates
E334 Tartaric acid (L-(+))
E335 Sodium tartrates
E336 Potassium tartrates
E337 Sodium potassium tartrate

the list is so big i ran out of space, and you though that was cheese? LOL

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 13579

yes i know im replying to my self.. just coz i can lol

en.wikipedia.org...

just though i would pick a random E number

lol

Patent Blue V, also called Food Blue 5 or Sulphan Blue, is a dark bluish synthetic dye used as a food coloring. As a food additive, it has E number E131. It is a sodium or calcium salt of [4-(α-(4-diethylaminophenyl)-5-hydroxy- 2,4-disulfophenyl-methylidene)-2,5-cyclohexadien-1-ylidene] diethylammonium hydroxide inner salt. It has the appearance of a violet powder.

Its CAS number is [3536-49-0] and its SMILES structure is CCN(CC)c1ccc(cc1)C(=C2C=CC(C=C2)=[N+](CC)CC)c3cc(O)c(OS([O-])=O)cc3OS([O-])=O. It is not widely used, but can be found in Scotch eggs and certain jelly sweets. Patent Blue V is banned as a food dye in Australia, USA, and Norway.

In medicine, Patent Blue V is used in lymphangiography as a dye to color lymph vessels.[1] Though there is lot of ambiguity of the name patent blue v and it is different than food blue 5. It is also used in dental disclosing tablets as a stain to show dental plaque on teeth.

It may cause allergic reactions, with symptoms ranging from itching and nettle rash to nausea, hypotension, and in rare cases anaphylactic shock; it is not recommended for children.

well now i feel safe!

mmm yes please anaphylactic shock!!! haha

Food you eat is like your life A ILLUSION looks good dont it? untill you read the small print.

pft

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

How come i read something about lots of cheeses used in the prepared food industry having a high percentage of 'plastic' in its structure...
Over Ten Years Ago ?

i caution, warn, & tell all the extended family & friends/associates
that there sure ain't 5 glasses of milk in one slice of cheese, as spun by the food processor corps.
Now Where did i dig up the "cheese ± plastic" info, a decade ago ?
i am for-sure i didn't fantasize or dream that factoid up

in any case whatever the frankenfood is...people tend to forget or pay no attention to begin with, so i hope your thread does better than i did in alerting/motivating the people...

thanks

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

This reminds me when I was like 8 years old, my school went on a field trip to a Pizza Hut and we all got to make our own pizzas with whatever we wanted on them, and I remember getting to pick the cheese. However I guess all that has changed now though. Pretty sickening to be honest, lucky I don't eat Pizza Hut, it has way too much oil in it, one or two pieces can fill you up just from the oils in the slices.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
i don't know why people are worrying about this, if your going to eat fast food, why care what's in it?

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by unicorn1
The best thing is to try to keep as organic, local and free range as possible. Of course this can be very expensive.

I agree and its usually cheaper buying at the farmers market then at the store, not to mention the flavor is 10 times better

Originally posted by unicorn1
I think it's important not to get too obsessive. The occasional 'lapse' won't kill you.

Maybe not instantly but it will catch up with you sooner or later

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

The numerous posts that are dealing with nothing but pizza hut and the silicon thing tells me it's not really a thread about food.

I just think it should be given a hoax tag and if people want to talk about food problems, make another thread for it. As it is, it's just a thread that is passing off dis-information.

It's bad, because each and every person who takes this story and runs with it will be made to look like a fool as a result later on when they get corrected. Being "educated" and such means knowing what is true and also what is false. That isn't going on here.

It's not helping anyone. Misinformation never does.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damian-007
Another day, Another story. Next thing we'll find out that Kentucky Fried Chicken Nuggets are actually made from recycled Bicycle Tyres.

Have you checked out KFC's grilled chicken goody-garbage? They spray it with some sort of chemical compound to give it a "golden" hue.

Seriously. Just after KFC introduced their "grilled chicken" specials, my wife and I stopped in to check it out. It wasn't particularly tasty. However, even before we'd finished, I remarked "Damn! What is this crap on my hands??"

Every place I'd actually touched the grilled chicken, my hands were stained, as with a tanning solution. Fingers were all "golden brown," little smudges and smears on my skin had turned "golden brown"... I was alarmed.

My wife looked at her hands, and they were similarly stained. It was like that QT quick-tan stuff they spray on your body for a fake tan (Plus, it didn't wash off — took two days before the crap finally wore off).

And we had just eaten it.

But never again. We've since boycotted KFC and we recommend that others do likewise.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 12/24/2009 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
One thing I notice about Pizza Hut is that their standard pizza tastes like microwave pizza. It tastes like something one would get out of the frozen food section of the grocery store, take home, and cook in five minutes. You can buy these for less than a buck where I shop. Where does Pizza Hut get off selling these things for $15-20 regular price? It's ridiculous.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join