It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop Circles: Sqaring the Circle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
DISCLAIMER: I am not claiming any of this as fact. I am making points that I think are of interest that would be a value to at least ponder. I'm not trying to discuss who made crop circles. I'm trying to discuss with others what their take is on the points I make (based on others ideas). You can ask me to "prove it" or give you evidence all you want. I have none. If you disagree, that's fine and you are more than welcome to tell me why. But please be respectful to those you disagree with. This goes for anyone who agrees or disagrees with the premise of this thread. I will alert the mods if I think ANYONE is being disruptive.

In ANOTHER THREAD discussing the "best evidence ever" that crop circles are not man-made, I posted that I don't believe we should be arguing over WHO is creating the CC's so much as we should be discussing what the message being conveyed means, if anything.

I recalled yet ANOTHER THREAD with linked videos (Video: Part 1, Part 2) in which a gentleman (starting about 55 seconds into Video 2) stated (paraphrasing) that he was absolutely astonished that in the over 2,000 years that people have been studying crop circles, they haven't discovered the "breathtakingly" simple solution that most crop circles seem to be dealing with the ages old problem of using a compass and straightedge to "square the circle". Squaring the circle means:

the challenge of constructing a square with the same area as a given circle by using only a finite number of steps with compass and straightedge.

This is thought to be nearly impossible to do, yet many crop circles seem to not only give the answer to the solution, but they also seem to be done with astounding accuracy.

This made me wonder what the point was. What is the message trying to be conveyed here? So I decided to search for the "squaring the circle, crop circles" and the very first link I chose, and in fact the first result I was given through Google, was to THIS SITE in which I believe I was given my answer by the author Bert Janssen. He says:

The magic of ‘squaring the circle’ lies in the fact that it, as far as I know, does not show up in nature. It is not a natural geometry like the phi-ratio is or the Fibonacci sequence. It appears that ‘squaring the circle’ is originating from elsewhere. From the other side. The only place where you can find natural ‘squaring the circle’ on Earth, is in crop circles. One of the reasons why crop circles have such a profound effect on us.

Squaring the circle brings the square (= cube = matter) in perfect balance and harmony with the circle (=sphere=Spirit). The ultimate merging of matter and Spirit. The ultimate Oneness.

He goes on to ask if this "merging" will happen in 2008, the year many believe that our "transformation" started. However, I'm not sure I fully believe that and quite frankly is neither here nor there for me. I think the point of the matter is that someone is trying to make us think more about our spirit/soul and how we are more than just these bodies we inhabit and use in order for our souls to be able to react with the material (matter) world, at least at this level of existence (pure conjecture on my part and that of others).

According to freemasons, the Square (the tool which always makes the geometric shape of the same name) is said to represent matter. The Compass (the tool which is used to make circles) is supposed to represent the spirit/soul. In other words, Square = matter; Circle = spirit. (Source. (This is also derived from Pythagorean Theory) The famous Masonic symbol of the square and the compass is said to be purposefully arranged so as to make clear that the two are interdependent on eachother. Meaning, one could not exist with out the other.

Maybe the fact that the act of squaring the circle is so nearly impossible is a metaphor for how nearly impossible it is for us to also be able to fully connect our body and soul.

Another thing I would like you to consider is Leonardo Da Vinci's Vitruvian Man:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0c386739b92d.jpg[/atsimg]

**I just "wasted" a heck of a lot of time writing additional observations using Leonardo Da Vinci's Vitruvian Man (which also squares the circle), but it was just so much that it is a thread in itself.** I will make it short and sweet though...

The Squaring of the Circle will give you such symbols as:

The Star of David
The Christian Cross
Yin Yang
Proportions of the Great Pyramid
The Proportion of the Earth to the Moon (99.99726 accuracy)
The Golden Ratio

Leonardo said:

"The outstretched arms and legs of a man form a square and a circle: the square symbolizes the solid physical world and the circle the spiritual and eternal. Man bridges the gap between these two worlds." -Leonardo Da Vinci, "The Magical Proportions of Man"

(This made me think of Nassim Haramein's work on showing the scalar importance of Humans being the barrier between the infinitely small and the infinitely large).

Note how the Vitruvian Man gives the impression of man having wings (like angels or....like Butterflies? (See how the butterfly man echoes the two positions of the arms AND legs (look closely) as in the Vitruvian man?)

I don't care whose making these circles. I don't think any of us really should. WHAT MATTERS IS THE MESSAGE BEING CONVEYED TO US. And once again, we are all too busy bickering over something that really doesn't matter about it rather than paying attention to what is staring us right in the face. It's right there in front of us.

Go back and look at the NUMEROUS images of these circles. See if you can see now how many are the act of squaring the circle. Some are obvious, some aren't.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Great thread and thanks for the disclaimer. Definetly getting sick and tired that argument. This is the first time ive seen that butterfly crop circle and all I can say is wow. The simularities between the Vitruvian Man and the butterfly man, baffling. Whoever or whatever is trying to send this message accross must have filled the gap between the 2 worlds as you have said because to make something that beatiful takes a seriously inspired individual.

Star'ed and Flagged!!!

[edit on 22-12-2009 by scorps]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by scorps

Thanks! I didn't even notice the similarities between the Butterfly man and the Vitruvian man until I read somewhere that pointed out how the Vitruvian Man alludes to man having wings. The Butterfly Man instantly popped into my mind. I was almost shocked when I looked at it again and saw the double position of the arms. I went back and saw the same went for the legs.

Once again, a crop circle with a purposeful message. Squaring the circle!

edit: okay, okay...not sure if the butterfly man can be an accurate depiction of squaring the circle. The picture is not a straight on shot so I don't know how to figure out if the dimensions are accurate or not.

[edit on 22-12-2009 by nunya13]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Those are some beautiful circles. Very insightful interpretation of them by you, as well.
I'm going to save watching the rest for later, S&F!

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Dogdish

Thank you. As I said, I think we should focus more on the interpretations not who is doing it.

And personally, i don't think any of them are some kind of omen or prophesy of things to come. I believe they are simply "answers" to the way our universe works and the nature of our existence.

edit: typo

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Haven't we had enough crop circles threads lately?

In regards to the message of crop circles. I don't see one that can be taken seriously. They are based around, and use mathematics that we already know with some symbology thrown in for aesthetic value.

It's my humble opinion that people 'project' their own meanings onto the CC's most of the time. This year for instance, everyone who believes in the ET hypothesis projected the message of a solar calamity and guess what... It didn't happen - and those people have unsurprisingly gone quieter than the sun now.

There has not been one circle that has produced anything to help mankind or show us anything that we didn't already know.

What I see is a bunch of circle makers sitting back and having a good belly laugh at the hordes of people chasing their tails for divine meanings and in so doing, turning it into some hollow, new-aged form of religion.

It's my opinion that all CC's are is a beautiful form of transient art.

IRM

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

What is your take on the accuracy that a crop circle portrays when squaring the circle?

edit to add: I've already stated I do not believe them to be Omens. Do you disagree that they are representations of how to square the circle?

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Would it make people more talkative if I said I wanted everyone to argue about whether humans or aliens make crop circles?

(I'm only being somewhat sarcastic)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I just stumbled upon this thread after reaching a similar conclusion, which freaks me out. It's a shame this thread never got more attention, as it's obvious that you put a fair amount of work into this thread. I doubt this post will get the ball rolling again as it's a few years old, but hopefully someone else will stumble upon this VERY interesting thread.

On a different note, anyone who believes that every crop circle was made by man is simply choosing not to look at the evidence. I totally agree that SOME crop circles out there were made by man, however, the majority of them were made by what I can only assume to be an interplanetary spacecraft.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Very interesting, indeed.

Does it mean the spiritual can have its workout in the physical?

hmnh hmn..

new topics

top topics

join