It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Expands Child Tax Credit à la Republican Style

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   
The problems are many I agree. We have different ideas and come from different points of view. But we both agree there is a problem

I respect your point of view and at times could/would agree with you on/in particular areas and subjects.

I don't claim to have the truth or all the answers but I do know unless folks like us don't stop our representatives in this destructive BS partisanship soon we'll all go down the tubes.

After 9/11 we were all Americans. Remember? What the hell when wrong? For get placing blame, let’s get back to building constructive relationships rather then this destructive divisiveness’.

cma

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   
joy... NOT
how far will the government go to try to please the people while prainwashing them and stripping their freedom at the same time!

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by gmcnulty
But we both agree there is a problem.

There is a serious problem, honestly it was created by both sides.

I don't claim to have the truth or all the answers but I do know unless folks like us don't stop our representatives in this destructive BS partisanship soon we'll all go down the tubes.

I totally agree. I have been pushing for limits on terms for lower level government positions (Senate, the House, Governors, etc) to two terms for any spot above State Senate for a long time now. We need new blood, not more Strom Thurmond’s.

After 9/11 we were all Americans. Remember? What the hell when wrong? For get placing blame, let’s get back to building constructive relationships rather then this destructive divisiveness’.

I'd be happy if we destroyed huge federal social programs and began building communities (which I believe were and can be the true strength of this country). Community would curtail the need for further federal intervention leaving the remainder to be dictated by either local governments and in some cases state governments.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by cma
joy... NOT
how far will the government go to try to please the people while prainwashing them and stripping their freedom at the same time!

Could this post be more pointless? Thanks so much for interupting our conversation with this tripe.

Perhaps you would be more at home in the new and improved Garbage Pit. A place once for more heated CONVERSATION in an attempt to deny ignorance, but now is a haven for those with your standards of posting.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Chill, boy.

CMA is expressing a feeling.

I thought they taught your southern boys some manners. or did you not listen to your momma?

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Chill, boy.

CMA is expressing a feeling.

I thought they taught your southern boys some manners. or did you not listen to your momma?

My sincere apologies for not buying into unsubstantiated garbage. A feeling you say? Emotion and logic are mutually exclusive. He is applying emotion to a logical situation that, with proper substance, could be a valid point.

But he has chosen rather to embrace ignorance by posting the most rudimentary pieces of a point.

If he posted something of value (which you did and I responded in kind- but you have yet to respond to) then discussion could ensure. The backbone of this site is knowledge and discussion, not garbage.

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by KrazyJethro]

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Outsider I will not argue with your myths presented as facts.
I'll let you live in the juices that stew you.

You will not argue because they are facts and you can't come up with any more liberal myths. Sounds to me like you're the one stewing in the juice.

I’m retired and each day I could care less for the direction this country is going economically.

Yes, we see that from what you’ve written, but those of us who are not retired do care and we would like to retire as well, when we’re tired, old, crogity and too blind to punch the right holes in the voting booth.

I can weather the storm to come quite well and in the process buy your property at foreclosure.

One minute you spout off telling everyone to be your brothers keeper, now you reveal the truth behind the liberal veil. You’re the hero that profits from other peoples unfortunate circumstances and brags about it with a smile on his face, but you led us to believe that was a republican trait. Not only that you try to insult those who disagree with you by insinuating that we are deadbeats who get foreclosed on and you're gonna ride in and take all we have. That is you goal in the long run isn't it? Take all we have.

It's clear you can't argue about the facts, so you resort to personal attacks which further detract from the truth - the sign of a true liberal.

Have a nice life and remember who told you first

Stew in that juice and remember who told you first.

[Edited on 27-5-2004 by outsider]

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   
In reply...............

whatever..........

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   
In reply..............

you're too combative for me, son.

It's hard to talk with someone who's mind's made up and doesn't listen, would you not agree?

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 01:16 AM
link   
If you don't like heat get out of the kitchen, grampa.

Yes, I would agree. My mind changes on a regular basis as I discover new information, does yours? If you have some new information I'm listening.

I know sometimes change hurts, but once you quit re-examining your position you are truly retired - the ignorant earlier than the wise.

[Edited on 28-5-2004 by outsider]

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
This is not the mudpit !

Please be respectful to each other.(I'm looking at you Outsider
)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join