It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biggest secret to LIFE revealed!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Here's another one that put a smile on my face..

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Im a Marty

Very cool, very happy - we all need something like this.

Simple little things like this can make such a difference.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Hehe thats why the people cant win.. With that dumb way of thinking, you can't win
. And "they" understand that pretty well.

I know how you think, something like: "i wish peace and love to others, i cant be wrong, my love will win" or "the world is light and made to love, it cant end bad". Thats exactly why you are already hopeless. Your smile is just hypocrite and THAT makes me smile!

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I know how you think, something like: "i wish peace and love to others, i cant be wrong, my love will win" or "the world is light and made to love, it cant end bad". Thats exactly why you are already hopeless. Your smile is just hypocrite and THAT makes me smile!
reply to post by _damon

I don't understand what you mean....are you saying that we are hypocrites for advising folks to smile?

Case in point. For years I was a doom & gloom kinda gal. Went around in black clothes, wrote poetry about death, thought about depressing things constantly (in other words, a typical teenager, hee hee).

The result? I stayed depressed. Ended up seeing shrinks left and right, having all sorts of RXs for depression, anxiety....and it never helped.

Then someone clued me in to the fact that attitude is everything. My negative attitude was causing my problems. I was skeptical, to say the least, but willing to try.

I started by trying to curbtail my negative thoughts. Not easy to do, but I eventually succeeded. Then I moved on to viewing things from a positive standpoint.

The result? Three years later, I'm RX and shrink free, have a much happier outlook on life, and truly enjoy life. Of course everything isn't roses all the time, but I can weather life's curveballs much easier than before.

So again I say, keep smiling, all!

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by _damon
Hehe thats why the people cant win.. With that dumb way of thinking, you can't win
. And "they" understand that pretty well.

Wrong! That's not what I'm thinking... in fact you're way off on what I'm thinking, cause you're not me! You have a "perception" of how I'm thinking and that is your lens on life, not mine! (By the way I think you got lot of smudge on your lens, might wanna clean it up so you can see clearly...)

"People can't win" because of their old way, conditioned way of thinking and so they can't win, because they're already hopeless, given up .... What I'm suggesting is to focus that energy you're putting out... into something positive!

This will change YOUR life and also OTHERS, in conclusion the WORLD can shift! World is not an outside source, it is the creation of our consciousness, it is what WE created it to be, it is the result of OUR actions! Take responsibility in your hand and CHANGE the world! Obviously what we have been doing till now... is not working, time for a CHANGE!

"A fool sees not the same tree that a wise man sees. If the fool would persist in his folly he would then become wise." - William Blake

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Great thread!

I don't have time to look it up but an old guy named Norman Cousins made up something called Laugh Therapy, or Humor Therapy, back in like 1970. He was terminally ill in the hospital and requested a bunch of video tapes of famour comedians. Laughed himself back to health!

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Great thread! S&F!
Maybe this is why the Buddha is often depicted as smiling and laughing.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I've been thinking of this thread all day, and it was a great day! more people have to see this, its possibly the most important thing on the entire site.

I'd flag this a million times if i could but hopefully putting it at the top of the recent posts list will at least brighten someones day.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
S&F!!

Great read, great thread. Kept me smiling!
I try to make it a habit to always be in a positive mood. Even through stressful situations, a bit of cheer helps a lot.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

NICE QUOTE !

smile as it confuses them .
no
as there is nothing humanity hates worse that a happy person as they are all drowning in a sea of their own sorrows,and they are all out to make your day as #ty as theirs .
but 1 smile does wonders for those who understand that they can`t crap in your cornflakes if you wont let them .
that is why i love the children as it does not take much to make them smile or laugh ,i guess the adults have lost the child that is within them -they grew up and believed that live is not funny it is serious so for all of your adulthood you need to wear a frown.
but the world needs to laugh and learn to laugh together not at one another . PEACE TO ALL

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by freighttrain

Also for you skeptics out there, here are the benefits to smiling!

- Hormones

So laugh a little more, make it a habbit, force it for a little while, IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE... I PROMISE!
That's the biggest secret to LIFE... happiness, the one thing we all pursuit!

Speaking of hormones, do you know how to make a hormone?

wait for it.......

don't pay her.

I have to use that one any time the word comes up. It's like a sickness. Sorry. great thread.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Great thread my friend, S&F for you.

I always try to emphasize to people the importance of a simple gesture, such as asking how somebody is doing or randomly being polite to a stranger. I've had plenty of bad days where I felt like complete crap and all it took was one smile or one simple act of kindness to make me realize everything will be fine in the end.

It seriously annoys me to no end when you find those few people who are just going out of their way to be jerks, I can't possibly fathom how somebody being rude or ruining somebody's day can make them feel better about themselves. Kind of like the people on this thread trying to disprove the OP's original post...

[edit on 24-12-2009 by Perplexity]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Smile

It makes people wonder what you've been up to!

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
This is why I love the Joker, he smiles ALL the time, and look at how his happiness brings joy to others......

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
See, now this thread should be in metaphysics, psychology, etc!

This is a WONDERFUL thread and I have added you, OP, as a friend.

These are the things that hold me together, every single day, and make me a sociable, approachable person, these are also the things that make me not sound as wacky when I explain to people how screwed up the world is, because I can also explain how it can be so much better!

Much thanks my friend, you brought a big smile to my day

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Thank you all for you wonderful smiles ... I'm speechless (and that's rare, trust me) and humbled by all of you! Little by little... we're changing the world, the shift has began!

We are ALL living cells god, full of light and love! The more we practice the light within, the brighter it'll get, so bright it could be felt across the world. Your intentions are beautiful!

I guess we're not so different after all... this is how powerful a little smile can be, it can change our perception and the universe will reflect!

Thank you all for being part of this wonderful shift in consciousness!

[edit on 24-12-2009 by freighttrain]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Awesome thread! S'n'F

I just found it today and wanted to say thanks for making it

I love laughing, especially when it's one of those laughs where you can't stop laughing, even if it's not that funny! Ah, good times lol.

Anyone remember watching Mary Poppins and the bit where they're at that guy's house and to get near the ceiling they have to laugh so then they could float/fly, and then they couldn't stop laughing? That was pretty funny! Interesting too. Like in Peter Pan, they have to think happy thoughts to be able to fly. I guess it's happiness and laughter that gives you wings and not red bull lol!

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Interesting tidbit.....ever notice how its impossible to watch a baby laugh and not smile yourself?

Lol, that's so true! I've noticed that around my little cousins.

Found this video on Youtube awhile ago of a baby laughing. You have to see it to believe it!

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by freighttrain

Yesss - huge S & F to you.

Smiling is a very valuable weapon as well because it disarms your enemies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join