It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Build-A-Bear tells kids xmas is cancelled

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
Your willingness to brainwash and scare children about an ill-proven concept says quite a bit about you I am afraid, and it does not bode well.

the christmas special plot is as follows,

someone or something steals or threatens christmas,
santa saves christmas with the help of someone cute or a group of cute stuff
everything works out great.

children will not be scared by this because most of them are sussed in enough to be 100% sure, from the outset, that santa and the cute animals will save christmas in the end.

the fact that you are not aware of the christmas special plot does not bode well.

They offer up nothing. It is not a happy ending. It's just like in real life, tax the crap out of you with no real plan to do anything about it.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Utterly disgusting.. Have they no shame? Of course they don't. While it may have been intended as "innocent" it certainly is NOT.. it's a disturbing method to push political ideology onto children when they least suspect it. I certainly hope their returning customers decide to spend their money at more worthy stores, and not stores pushing politics on 5 year olds.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Sorry, this is complete crap, if I had children, and they went to Build-A-Bear before, they sure as Hell would not after that video.

I would find as many like-minded parents as possible and boycott them.

Picket signs, petitions, mailers to people's home, the works.

Truth : The First Victim, The Last to Be Un-Buried, Never to Rest...

It is bad enough when corporations use innocent propaganda, meaning the subtle crap, but this blatant misuse of their website needs to stop, and it is bad enough because people like carbon-abuser Al Gore go spouting off political lies as a financial predator selling a movie like An Inconvenient Truth.

The Report from Iron Mountain : Truth, Cover-Up, Or Manipulation of the Masses?

Global Warming is nothing more than a sham, trying to force legislation towards taxing people for breathing, trying to force mandated legislation to get people into eco-friendly vehicles without just cause, and trying to force mandated legislation to generate revenue by people buying cars they do not want nor need that will all have OnStar, XM-Radio, and Sirius Radio.

The War on Terror...Stealing The US Constitution...Privacy Is The Last Refuge Of Revolution...

[edit on 22-12-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000

Well, this makes sense.
Since Santa Claus doesn't really exist then neither does Global Warming.

It looks like the Left Wing Loons have given up trying to convince adults
that global warming is real. Lets attack the children! They are young
and impressionable and don't know any better.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Utterly disgusting.. Have they no shame? Of course they don't. While it may have been intended as "innocent" it certainly is NOT.. it's a disturbing method to push political ideology onto children when they least suspect it. I certainly hope their returning customers decide to spend their money at more worthy stores, and not stores pushing politics on 5 year olds.

Lets boycott Build a Bear stores!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join