It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Build-A-Bear tells kids xmas is cancelled

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
This is taking it a little too far. I will be sending this out to everyone I know to put these bozo's out of business.

Extreme Librial Progressives will stop at nothing to do there deeds.
This is pretty stupid for a company that makes most of it's money on Christmas.

/biggovernment.com/2009/12/22

[edit on 22-12-2009 by j2000]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Attention Santas:

This missive is directed at the guardians of, and donors to, tiny humans. If you fall into that category you likely are already familiar with Build-A-Bear, a world-wide corporation that provides the most innocent of services. They sell customizable stuffed animals. Make your own bear, dog…penguin. Cute concept.

So cute, in fact, that the Build-A-Bear empire sweeps across nearly every state and into 17 other countries. You’ll find their outlets in shopping malls everywhere and even some ballparks. The company also has a website called Build-A-Bearville.com where children can play an interactive video game that, on it’s surface, is unlikely to raise suspicion or sound alarms.

But when your unsuspecting tot logs on and hops a virtual train to the North Pole…you should know that he or she will be informed — by Santa Claus — that Christmas may be canceled this year due to Global Warming. Below is part two of the 3-part video.

Girl Elf: Santa, it’s gone!

Papa Elf: It’s gone, It’s gone!

Santa: What’s gone?

Girl Elf: Tell ‘em, Dad!

Papa Elf: The North Peak.

Santa: A mountain? A mountain’s gone? How is that possible?

Ella the polar bear: Santa, sir, that’s why I’m here. That’s why we’re here. The ice is melting!

Santa: Yes, my dear, we know, the climate is changing. There’s bound to be a little melting.

Ella: It’s worse than that, Santa, a lot worse! At the rate it’s melting, the North Pole will be gone by Christmas!”

Santa: My, my…all of this gone by next Christmas? I don’t think so.

Ella: No sir, not next Christmas, this Christmas! The day after tomorrow!

And this is merely the tip of the dialogue iceberg, if you’ll forgive me for putting it that way. You can view parts one and three here and here. Children of the world can look forward to priceless exchanges such as, “Oh my! Where will the polar bears live?” and my personal fave: “Where will the elves live?”

I suspect you’d like to think it can’t get any worse than that. Thus, it pains me to tell you that animated characters actually break into a discussion of satellite photos and that Mrs. Claus conducts a rather unscientific experiment involving ice cubes.

Needless-to-say, this constitutes brainwashing on the sleaziest and most sinister level. The good news is that this nonsense isn’t coming from our government this time and the rocky economy is our friend here. People, we have the means, if we have the will, to topple these charlatans who shamelessly prey on little children. So boycott Build-A-Bear. And, more importantly, tell the world why.

Go tell it on the mountain, and hurry, before it melts.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
What day is Christmas?
The Day After Tomorrow, of course!!
Wonder what kind of images that'll evoke!

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Well, I guess it would be horribly offensive if you didn't believe in Global Climatic Change (commonly misunderstood under the moniker "Global Warming"). Even if the cause of Global Climatic Change is debatable, it's effects are undeniable except to those with their heads buried in the sand. However, to those that see Global Climatic Change happening and are aware that the Polar Ice Caps are shrinking at an alarming rate, displacing and endangering numerous species, then this isn't such a big deal...whereas educating people about Global Climatic Change is considered an important thing.

It's not like it's the first time (or only instance) where a Child Icon was used to teach Morality or Current Events to children. I'd like to know one Grimm's Fairy Tale or Disney Movie that didn't. Heck, even the Christian Veggie Tales is propaganda that is being used to "brainwash" our youth! Never mind that walking, talking, singing Bill that wants to grow up one day and become a Law. Let's blame School House Rock for making a generation of responsible citizens who understood how our Congressional Model works by "brainwashing" them as children!

Education does not necessarily equate to brainwashing, unless you happen to be diametrically opposed to what is being taught.

You certainly have the right to not believe in Global Climatic Change, and the right to project those beliefs upon your children, but that is neither going to make Global Climatic Change go away, nor does it make what Build-A-Bear is doing wrong.

Not to mention the irony in taking offense at a fictitious character, during a fabricated holiday, saying something that is considered to be fictitious by the OP. That in itself is priceless!

[edit on 22-12-2009 by fraterormus]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000

Lots of "lulz" to be had here. I will agree that Build-A-Bear seems to be pushing a liberal, pro-environmental agenda towards their young market, and it seems almost unhealthy, as they imply, like your title says, that Christmas may not happen if they let the North Pole Melt (
). Seems to me like a poor excuse to raise awareness? "Oh noes, if the ice melts, where will we get toys?" Silly really, but I don't think we have to worry about this if it remains an isolated case. Hopefully it won't be continued.

But it does raise some questions that I think ATSers should ask themselves, and maybe we could open a thread or two to investigate these discoveries:

-Why did the penguin's balloon get caught on a cloud? (Secret Government chem-trail/cloud prototype?)

-Why did the Penguin have an Australian accent? (Intergalactic, inbreeding between deep-space penguins and Australians?)

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Here is one to enjoy:

This youtube account has several others that are just as funny.

Enjoy!

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Propaganda is a form of communication aimed at influencing the attitude of a community toward some cause or position. As opposed to impartially providing information, propaganda in its most basic sense, presents information primarily to influence an audience. Propaganda often presents facts selectively (thus lying by omission) to encourage a particular synthesis, or uses loaded messages to produce an emotional rather than rational response to the information presented. The desired result is a change of the attitude toward the subject in the target audience to further a political agenda.

See the resemblance?

CX

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
My kids are into Build-a-Bear stuff, and i see this could be a bit dissapointing for little ones, but i don't think it's that big a deal, at least no worse than other stuff out there for kids.

If you boycott Build-a-Bear for brainwashing kids, then you'd have to boycott half the crap out there too.

There are a million films out there about Santa where the kid could be upset during it, theres usualy a happy ending though.

I do see your point though, and it will be interesting to see how they make a positive out of this story so the kids aren't left thinking theres no North Pole.

I have to say, of all the bizzare subjects i have read on ATS, i never thought i'd see the day where Build-a-Bear was one of them.

Personaly, i think anyone who charges £8 for a crappy little t-shirt should be shot!
(Says the man who went to buy a teddy for his daughter, and had to make a wish when they putthe heart in....along with a a bunch of 4 year olds lol. )

CX.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Only at ATS would there be overwhelming support for these clowns.
To justify these types of acts is just twisted at best.

Wow! Can't get into mommy and daddy's pocket? Lets make the kids cry!

Unbelievable!

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
en.wikipedia.org...

Propaganda is a form of communication aimed at influencing the attitude of a community toward some cause or position. As opposed to impartially providing information, propaganda in its most basic sense, presents information primarily to influence an audience. Propaganda often presents facts selectively (thus lying by omission) to encourage a particular synthesis, or uses loaded messages to produce an emotional rather than rational response to the information presented. The desired result is a change of the attitude toward the subject in the target audience to further a political agenda.

See the resemblance?

I agree. It is definitely Propaganda, but almost everything in Western Society is. Someone always has an axe to grind and everything becomes either a Soap Box or Pulpit. Living in the Western World, you just have to learn to consciously filter out the Propaganda you don't wish to subscribe to but otherwise live and let live those with a different opinion. It is called "Tolerance".

However, propaganda it most definitely is, but brainwashing it is most definitely not.

As far as it being tasteless or tactful is another story altogether and is entirely in the eye of the beholder. Both viewpoints are equally as valid IMHO.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

I am sorry, but these people are very hypocritical at best.

They show this stuff and ask what size Rudolf your kid wants to do today.

Pretty twisted thinking in my book.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyo
What day is Christmas?
The Day After Tomorrow, of course!!
Wonder what kind of images that'll evoke!

I bet they are not daring enough to show this in their stores.

Maybe their hot seller they are pushing this year is the "Anti-Claus".

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by fraterormus
Well, I guess it would be horribly offensive if you didn't believe in Global Climatic Change (commonly misunderstood under the moniker "Global Warming"). Even if the cause of Global Climatic Change is debatable, it's effects are undeniable except to those with their heads buried in the sand. However, to those that see Global Climatic Change happening and are aware that the Polar Ice Caps are shrinking at an alarming rate, displacing and endangering numerous species, then this isn't such a big deal...whereas educating people about Global Climatic Change is considered an important thing.

It's not like it's the first time (or only instance) where a Child Icon was used to teach Morality or Current Events to children. I'd like to know one Grimm's Fairy Tale or Disney Movie that didn't. Heck, even the Christian Veggie Tales is propaganda that is being used to "brainwash" our youth! Never mind that walking, talking, singing Bill that wants to grow up one day and become a Law. Let's blame School House Rock for making a generation of responsible citizens who understood how our Congressional Model works by "brainwashing" them as children!

Education does not necessarily equate to brainwashing, unless you happen to be diametrically opposed to what is being taught.

You certainly have the right to not believe in Global Climatic Change, and the right to project those beliefs upon your children, but that is neither going to make Global Climatic Change go away, nor does it make what Build-A-Bear is doing wrong.

Not to mention the irony in taking offense at a fictitious character, during a fabricated holiday, saying something that is considered to be fictitious by the OP. That in itself is priceless!

[edit on 22-12-2009 by fraterormus]

Let's see, hmmm, why is it wrong to throw this at kids? It's propaganda and indoctrination. The polar bear population isn't getting smaller, it's growing. Ice sheets grow and recede dependent upon the season. People are dying all over the place because of an excessively cold winter.

In the 1970's there was a big political push that we were going into an ice age, it was just global warming as recently as a month ago and now it's climate change. Weather changes, duh, and there ain't sh*t we can do about it, at least not yet.

These liberal PC wingnuts really need to criminalize di-hydrogen monoxide, since it contributes 70% to 90% of ALL global climate change. Carbon Dioxide variables pale by comparison.

I've always said that we as a species have to clean up our polluting ways and try and live our lives a little more attuned to our home, but, not with lies. The truth might help in swaying public opinion and the motivations of people.

What I really find quite comical in this particular thread is Build-A-Bear, sound a lot like Build-A-Berg... LOL. They really need to get their ad men to write better script.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle

What I really find quite comical in this particular thread is Build-A-Bear, sound a lot like Build-A-Berg... LOL. They really need to get their ad men to write better script.

Cheers - Dave

Now that is a connection I did not see.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
How nice of Build-A-Bearg

This carbon footprint is getting out of hand, this is the advertisement that they advertise constantly in my country:

(This will psychologically change your child's point of view, it will also brainwash them (the next generation of adults) that they MUST pay their co2 TAX)

Personally, I think this advert should be banned. They repeat it twice within one TV break between a TV episode. I find it brainwashing.

EDIT: LMAO! on the 0:58min of that advert it says: "See what you can do, search online for ACT".
I wonder how many thousands of computers (if not millions) will visit that website. I wonder how much Co2 was created and distributed all over the world because of this advert. How many times it was broadcasted and how much Co2 did that create also? How many clicks to that website? How much petrol was used by the staff of that company promoting this advert to travel each time to the film set?

All I can tell you is, much more Co2 I have made in the last 20 years.

[edit on 22/12/2009 by the_denv]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
oh nooo's, the technology i use to babysit my children is giving them information i don't agree with, whatever shall i do. if this keeps up, i'm going to have to start playing with them, reading to them, interacting with them....i may even have to send them outside to play!!!!!

these evil toy companies must be stopped before i have to do something drastic, like monitor their viewing habits!!!

[edit on 22/12/09 by pieman]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by the_denv

They don't waste their money on ads here in the Middle of the USA.

It seems these last few years it keeps getting more and more of this crap going around.

As pointed out earlier, did you think you would see a thread about Build-a-Bear on ATS? very strange times indeed.

What's next, McDonald's? They could make a video about how mommy and daddy will be dead from eating their crap food. And the only way to save them is to have Govt. health care! Give me a break!

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Wow Hitler would be so proud of this. I wish I could travel in time and give it to him. If he would have had propaganda like this he might have actually turned more to the grand cause. Thankfully his ideals are still being taught today and the administration is really fighting the good fight. See alot of dumb people don't realize the cause is the same. How funny it is that a black man would take the up the cause I wonder if Hitler would be alright with that? Well tough times call for tough solutions. And if using a black man to make the cause stronger ruffles a few feathers well so be it.

We should all be very glad the apathy we have started within the populations has taken root. The flock has never been so weak and ready for the change we know they need. And we should also be thankful the dissent is so weak they don't even have a leader. This has been many years in the making and the time is close for the change. I hope all the opposition understands we are only here to help and it is your best interest.

As I look out today I see a world ready for solutions that don't come from god or the weak heart. Just look at how greedy and fat they have become without us at the helm. Fear is our best friend it is a great push for change we must use it because without fear we have lost.

If you don't think "they" to some degree think like this please take another look. We are at a tipping point it will go one way or the other which side are you on?

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

No, you are completely incorrect. Anthropogenic Global Warming is THE correct term, and THE original theory. "Climate Change" is a natural process, which only came about to mean "Human Forcing" within the past decade (ie, Since the Arctic Temperatures have been falling, and doing so within historical cyclic boundary norms). You should really get your facts straight before accusing others of misnomers, and "head burying".

Your willingness to brainwash and scare children about an ill-proven concept says quite a bit about you I am afraid, and it does not bode well.

[edit on 12-22-2009 by TheAgentNineteen]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
Your willingness to brainwash and scare children about an ill-proven concept says quite a bit about you I am afraid, and it does not bode well.

the christmas special plot is as follows,

someone or something steals or threatens christmas,
santa saves christmas with the help of someone cute or a group of cute stuff
everything works out great.

children will not be scared by this because most of them are sussed in enough to be 100% sure, from the outset, that santa and the cute animals will save christmas in the end.

the fact that you are not aware of the christmas special plot does not bode well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join