It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grayson Wants Critic Jailed for Claiming to be His Constituent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
You know that there must be something to Global Climatic Change when it's a cold enough day in Hades that it freezes over and I would actually agree with FoxNews for a change!

Grayson Wants Critic Jailed Claiming to be His Constituent

Rep. Alan Grayson, D-Fla., is asking U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder to launch an investigation into a Web site launched by a Republican activist that parodies his own re-election site.

My, my, my. Florida Rep. Alan Grayson wants to see one of his critics go directly to jail -- all over her use of the word "my."

In an effort to raise money against the outspoken freshman Democrat, a Republican activist named Angie Langley has launched "mycongressmanisnuts.com" -- a Web site that parodies Grayson's re-election site, "congressmanwithguts.com."

(And, if you are skeptical of FoxNews, as I am...you can go to the Orlando Sentinel for an alternative News Source.)

Well, I think that Rep. Grayson's reaction and ignorance of First Amendment Right to Free Speech and Political Parody has hurt his image far more than Angie Langley has and only made the name of her website mycongressmanisnuts.com all the more true.

Excuse me, Honorable Rep. Alan Grayson sir, but last I checked this is the United States. As a Representative to Congress you should have sworn an oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States. You of all people should have read at least the first Amendment, even if you fell asleep half-way through reading the rest.

When will Politicians learn that even dissenters still give them PR if they ignore it, but trying to stop it will only give them Bad PR and even more critics? If they want to make lemonade from a lemon you don't call the Attorney General, instead you make fun of it and laugh at it publicly, giving yourself Good PR and diminishing the power of your critics.

I don't know about you, but I think I'm going to make a parody website of Grayson now. How does "mycongressmanisacommunist" sound?

Although, if the Florida AG upholds his argument that the use of "my" is false-representation and unlawful, then I'm going to sue MySpace for falsely representing themselves as a space for me!

This is beyond silly, and is not just an unnecessary burden on our Judicial System, but a flagrant disregard for the U.S. Constitution from one of our lawmakers.

You can read Grayson's Formal Complaint to the Florida Attorney General here.

[edit on 22-12-2009 by fraterormus]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Our current group of Polititians are completely out of touch. They don't give a rip about thier constituents, they care only about lining thier own pockets at our expense. Gaze upon the vacuous faces we have in Congress. As Henry Kissinger puts it, "anything illegal, we'll do it immediately...unconstitutional...it will take a little time." Do you actually think that we the people elect anybody? The game is rigged. They all answer to names we all may know and some we may not. They are not in charge. Follow the money.

new topics

join