It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunmen kill family of Mexican drug war hero

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Gunmen kill family of Mexican drug war hero

news.yahoo.com

MEXICO CITY – Gunmen mowed down the family of a Mexican marine just hours after the military honored him as a national hero for losing his life during a raid that took down powerful drug kingpin Arturo Beltran Leyva.

The brazen attack happened shortly before midnight Monday at the home of fallen marine Melquisedet Angulo in the town of Paraiso in the Gulf coast state of Tabasco, police said.

Hit men linked to Beltran Leyva's cartel have a strong presence in the state and are believed to be behind the slayings of Angulo's mother, his two siblings and his aunt, federal officials said T
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I'm telling you, you can't win a war against people determined to protect their interests even to the point of killing their families or bound by any rules of any kind. They are willing to do anything to win, kind of like Islamic freedom fighters. We can't win against such people and must appease to them. Killing the boss of a drug cartel led to the death of a dead Marine's family. Are we really going down this road?

The ruling to kill the Americans and their allies -- civilians and military -- is an individual duty for every Muslim who can do it in any country in which it is possible to do it, in order to liberate the al-Aqsa Mosque and the holy mosque [Mecca] from their grip, and in order for their armies to move out of all the lands of Islam, defeated and unable to threaten any Muslim. This is in accordance with the words of Almighty Allah, "and fight the pagans all together as they fight you all together," and "fight them until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in Allah."
-Osama Bin Laden

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
This is the reason why i believe MOST drugs should be legal. Let capitolism take care of them.

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!! They kill your 5 of your family members you kill 10 of theirs. It's simple. When facing down violence the only answer is OVERWHELMING violence. It's about time the Mexican people stand up to these thugs, start arming themselves and start policing their own neighborhoods. Legalizing drugs won't do a damn thing about Mexican drug violence period. Many people want to believe we live in this fairy tale puppy dogs and lollypop world. WRONG! The ONLY thing these thugs know is violence. You show them what real violence is all about. Eventually you kill enough of them they will fear the people.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

I see your point, however i believe that shutting them down instead of killing them would be more effective. People are born every day. Of course someone will fill these thugs shoes. Its natural. If the drugs were legalized it would take away all of these thugs business. Remember the pen is mightier than the sword always.

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Retaliating with increased violence never does anything but create even more violence, and gives the cartels a reason to tax users and inflate their prices even more to reflect the danger involved. Legalizing drugs DOES reduce violence, if you think otherwise you need to do some serious research into the effects of repealing the prohibition of alcohol on the violent gangs who controlled alcohol's distribution. You seem to be the one living in a fairytale world, where somehow, despite all the evidence to the contrary, violence is still a viable answer to a problem that's more complicated and easier to solve than you're willing to admit.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Anyone who impinges on America's freedom. Terrorist states, Stanley. Someone must bring their war to them. They bomb a church, we bomb ten. They hijack a plane, we take out an airport. They execute American tourists, we tactically nuke an entire city. Our job is to make terrorism so horrific that it becomes unthinkable to attack Americans.

- Gabriel in Swordfish

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
whats weird is all the talk of border security and their drugs are still making it to the USA--if we could stop our side from getting them -their money machine would dry-up--I know i for one am real tired of being called and recorded a criminal just because i smoke pot----getting real tired of it since i am 53 now and have smoked it since i was teenager. i dont drink and watch drunks in my town drive all wkend--while the pigs watch- PASSING laws that gictate what people put in their bodies while the governments let its people get posioned by chemicals in food water air-is stupid---one has no right to tell another what to do to himself--THUS the problem that never ends----legalize booze-which is --pot and mild stimulants---then tough prision terms for all other drugs and the problem would be solved---the key is compromize---

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
We can't win against such people and must appease to them.

(Emphasis Added)

Appeasement, Really?

Whatever you do don't say "Peace in our time."

(Yes I know Chamberlain actually said "Peace for our time" but nearly everyone misquotes him.)

[edit on 22-12-2009 by Studious]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Like others have said, the answer is painfully obvious.
Decriminalize drugs.
Problem solved. How? Simple. Where do they get their money for the guns they use to slay innocent people?
The get it by selling pot, amongst other substances, on the black market.

Undercut the black market and their business dries up. Sure, they'll still be thug types, but they won't have the cashflow they enjoy now. It is that cashflow that causes them to act so brazenly in the first place.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I do not like "terrorists". Why? Because they are fighting my side.

At the same time, I totally understand their viewpoint.

Why should they let the bigger power make the rules? The best way for the smaller man to win the fight is just to go sporadic in their attacks.

Unpredictable.

In this case, the drug cartel is the smaller power because they have to "break" the rules to win.

My 2C

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Mexico is in a civil war.

It is fighting its own people.

Why?

Because the Mexican government refuses to legalize pot, but people are still smoking tons of it anyway and since it's illegal, tons of money is being made by criminals off of it who can now afford whole armies.

HMMMM..

Even people on this thread know the solution already.

The truth is that Mexico doesn't want an end to this war. They like war. War fuels all kinds of nasty political scumbags. So they're getting what they deserve, except not enough of it if you ask me.

new topics

top topics

join