It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

56 % American voters Strongly Disapprove of Barack Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The most accurate voter tracking poll of 2008, 2006, 2004 and 2002 reports Barack Obama 's overall disapproval rating at 56%.

How sad.

Overall, 44% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the President's performance. Fifty-six percent (56%) now disapprove.

Seventy-seven percent (77%) of Democrats approve while 88% of Republicans and 62% of unaffiliated voters disapprove. See recent demographic highlights from the tracking poll.

www.rasmussenreports.com...

Are the deluded now becoming the awoken?

jw

[edit on 22-12-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Interesting enough, Gallop shows his approval rating at 51%.

Also, while many may disapprove of Obama's job so far, it will be a cold day in hell before many of them vote for a Republican after the Bush administration and health care.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Democrat Congressman Abandons Obama, Switches Parties to GOP

digg.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

56% wow. I thought only racist white people disapproved of Obama?

Obama had no idea what he was getting into when he ran for President. The community organizer is in way over his head.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I really don't understand why he does the things he does...knowing the people don't approve! I wonder how Oprah feels now.

Bush had better approval rating til his 2nd term.. Like Obama doesn't understand he will have to run again.

How low was Bushes ratings? Was it ever this low?

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by zz0409
I really don't understand why he does the things he does...knowing the people don't approve! I wonder how Oprah feels now.

Bush had better approval rating til his 2nd term.. Like Obama doesn't understand he will have to run again.

It was lower, but as you noted, not nearly so early in his time in office. The tribulations have only just begun for poor Bama.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Out of all the Americans polled how many actually matter or have an influence on what he does?

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The failed point missed here is that Obama does not run our country he is only the face for them to speak through and us to put blame on, the people that are to blame that run him are hidden behind closed doors they are the ones we should be focused on not the puppet President and thats a fact!

For example just as Ron Paul states "Bernanke is the most powerful man in the world and is more powerful than the President" and also is one of the ones that runs our President and Country

See DimensionalDetective's thread watch the video
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 22-12-2009 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
And that is because that the 90% of the young, "in" crowd of voters couldn't even tell you the 3 branches of government and all the older folks were so caught up in "America's got Talent", that they never could see this clown obama would have gotten a "2" on the talent meter.

Are you folks ashamed yet to call this guy "Your President"?

I was before he even got elected...

peas

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Wow

Strongly is the key word in all this.

Rasumsen only counts those who "STRONGLY" approve and disapprove as the approval index.

That is a gigantic number given he's not even a year into his presidency.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
So...polls that show Obama as unpopular are credible polls, worth of praise and admiration.

Polls that show that Americans want UHC are biased, unworthy pieces of dog excrement that should be discarded at the next pit stop?

It amazes me that you can't think 5 seconds in front of your face to see that this is the argument you're presenting.

Polls are either representative of the population or they're not.

You can't cherry pick.

And if you do - expect to be ridiculed.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink
Interesting enough, Gallop shows his approval rating at 51%.

Also, while many may disapprove of Obama's job so far, it will be a cold day in hell before many of them vote for a Republican after the Bush administration and health care.

It really doesn't matter if they vote for a Republican. If they stay home in 2012, it doesn't exactly help Obama.

As for Rasmussen, considering that he uses only likely voters, its not a surprise that his overall approval number is a bit lower than most of the others that use random adults. Polls of 'Likely Voters' usually trend away from Democrats just a bit. Most all polls are now showing Obama at about 50% or less, so Rasmussen isn't really out of line, anyway.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by zz0409

Yes and no. His overall approval rating was worse by about 10 points, as was the 'strongly approve' rating (which was in the low teens for W). On the other hand, Bush's number for 'strongly disapprove' topped out at 43% and after a couple of months hovering around 40%, Obama has finally eclipsed that with this 46% strong disapproval rating.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Yeah, there's quite a bit of disenchantment with Obama going on right now. However, that doesn't mean the Republicans are looking at retaking power any time soon.

Quite a bit of that disapproval is coming from the liberal and left leaning side of the spectrum that's upset Obama has continued many of the Bush policies they hate (Afghanistan, Iraq, Patriot Act) while acquiescing to corporate lobbyists and greedy senators on important legislation (healthcare, cap and trade), and stalling on other important issues (don't ask - don't tell, judicial nominations). A good portion of those that strongly disapprove would probably never vote Republican in a general election...I'm surprised that there are still people who would ever vote Republican again.

Anyway, hopefully this is a good sign for third parties come 2010 and 2012. One can always hope!

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

It amazes me that you can't think 5 seconds in front of your face to see that this is the argument you're presenting.

Polls are either representative of the population or they're not.

You can't cherry pick.

And if you do - expect to be ridiculed.

Rasmussen polls are not "cherry-picked," as you are.

Rasmussen is representative of registered voters, if you qualified, perhaps you'd be included in the minority.

Deny Ignorants.

jw

[edit on 23-12-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Avenginggecko

Actually Obama is making sure no one votes dem again! I find it funny that so many people thought Obama was different! Come on he's a politician, they say what ever they need to, to get what they want. Once elected it takes a major mistake to do anything about it.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I voted for Obama as well as my Democratic senators and so, But next election I will vote straight Republican because I am so mad about this healthcare bill as well as some other legislation the Democrats frigged up. I will put my vote to getting at least the ones in my state out of office.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Oh and I let me add I don`t approve of what Obama is doing and I voted for him, but I will not vote for him for a second term.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpTiMuS_PrImE
The failed point missed here is that Obama does not run our country he is only the face for them to speak through and us to put blame on, the people that are to blame that run him are hidden behind closed doors they are the ones we should be focused on not the puppet President and thats a fact!

That's exactly right. He's just playing the hand that was dealt to him. He's a puppet for the NWO, shadow government, Illuminati etc. He has no power to do anything good for the people, EVEN if he actually wanted to. Unfortunately he's on their side, it's all been planned out.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cigar

Originally posted by OpTiMuS_PrImE

That's exactly right. He's just playing the hand that was dealt to him. He's a puppet for the NWO, shadow government, Illuminati etc. He has no power to do anything good for the people, EVEN if he actually wanted to. Unfortunately he's on their side, it's all been planned out.

I agree he's a puppet clown.. but what if (conspiracy time) just as the unwashed masses get ready to storm the gates.. obama steps up, admits his hand was forced by 'them' and promises with a real pretty speech if we trust him, this time, no really, he'll side with us and rid DC of the mafioso banker scum and criminals?

Of course it would just be more of his grandiose verbal diarrhea , but I'll bet it would sound more palatable than an actual uprising to his flock.

Sadly I think enough empty vessels would buy into the cult of his personality again... and those who don't will be the rebels.

top topics

join